Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Air Force Dryer  (Read 8121 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Air Force Dryer
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 08:18:25 AM »

Use our air force dryer any time I have to wash the bike alone, damn hands just ain't as small as the wifes.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Systems

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »

Had one for years, works great, check into the units before you buy, If you order the VACUUM unit as opposed to just the blower, you get both ends to make it a vacuum or blower as opposed to just a blower with more attachments also with the vacuum. Only real difference is the longer hose on the blower unit, the vacuum hose is plenty long enough too and works very well. Best investment. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 11:13:52 AM by Systems »

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »

I just ordered the Blaster Sidekick.  Only a 1.3hp motor, but it only cost me $88.95 from Gopartsdirect.com
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 06:10:12 AM »

i HAVE BEEN USING MINE FOR 3 YEARS, IT DEFINITELY GETS YOU BACK OUT ON THE ROADS QUICKER, :oops: and is great for clearing the water prior to detailing.

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 12:26:11 PM »

I don't recall the specifics, but my kids got me a "dryer" a few years back.  Twin motor, real long hose, filters on the intake ends, etc., etc.  Interesting thing, they called the "Air Force" folks and were told they could buy the same blower without the "Air Force" logos and accompanying "motorcycle" blower reputation, by purchasing one of the company's pet grooming blowers.  I think the entire kit (they had to purchase the "focus" nozzle and a couple of other things was around $175.  When I got it, I did some reading on the two units and sure enough - same HP, same everything, just a significantly lower cost for the pet blower (no - I don't blow my pets!).  Worth taking a look - and hey it's black!  Sorry dood - they don't make a chrome model.  ;)
From my perspective - it's a great purchase.  Significantly reduces time to wash and dry the bike.  Still hand detail when finished.
TC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »

I don't recall the specifics, but my kids got me a "dryer" a few years back.  Twin motor, real long hose, filters on the intake ends, etc., etc.  Interesting thing, they called the "Air Force" folks and were told they could buy the same blower without the "Air Force" logos and accompanying "motorcycle" blower reputation, by purchasing one of the company's pet grooming blowers.  I think the entire kit (they had to purchase the "focus" nozzle and a couple of other things was around $175.  When I got it, I did some reading on the two units and sure enough - same HP, same everything, just a significantly lower cost for the pet blower (no - I don't blow my pets!).  Worth taking a look - and hey it's black!  Sorry dood - they don't make a chrome model.  ;)
From my perspective - it's a great purchase.  Significantly reduces time to wash and dry the bike.  Still hand detail when finished.
TC
Tony,
You are right they are cheaper and the same thing when you purchase them as pet dryers. They might not have chrome but they have orange. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:54:20 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

Gary,
I knew the orange would grab your attention  :huepfenlol2:.
Tony

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »

If you already own a good "shop vac", just do what I did.  I bought a 1-1/4" hose, crevice tool, and a reducer to fit the hose to the exhaust port on my Craftsman shop vac.  This hose is only used for drying the bike, so I don't have to worry about dirt in the hose being blown onto the paint, and the crevice tool is great for getting into the tight spots.  One of the specialized dryers may be a little handier (smaller) for those who want a mobile solution, but I personally like the idea of fully utilizing the tools I already own prior to adding to the clutter in the garage.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »

My wife bought me an Air force Dryer for Xmass....It found it left a film and water spots also...for the money it cost...I sent it back to  J&P Cycle for a refund, which the they did promptley for me. I'm back to the old tried and true method, Ride the bike for the day...get home and wash it, dry it and put in the garage over night, next morning. get up and put a quick coat of wax or detailer on it and ride again!!!
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.