Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: The MoCo has a hurdle....how to attract younger riders.  (Read 18787 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: The MoCo has a hurdle....how to attract younger riders.
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »

At 35 I'm classified as a white collar worker.  I find 2% of motorcycling women attractive excluding PAID talent.  My GF nor NONE of the women I hang out with find Harleys guys attractive.  Yeah they might think it's badass but you will NEVER catch them at a rally or bike night regularly.

If you attract women, they will come.

I'm not throwing stones this is just reality for me and most of the other white collar workers I'm with.  Seriously guys, my friend was showing me his new Honda Fit.  I just said looks nice.  What am I suppose to say, I have and F-250 and a Harley.

This is a funny but telling post. I am 55 and younger than most of my HD riding buddies. You are 35 and very young, probably the age of my friends children so of course your little lady friends think we are old and unattractive just like their fathers. If you own a new CVO dresser you are not the average by any mean$ and that is fine.

The new 20 and 30 somethings are still looking for new hot women and most of us are not. Our hot momma's are your mothers so it is natural that you do not find older biker ladies very attractive. I expect HD will do ok in the future because the young fast crotch crowd will grow up and want different things in life. I have a F-250 also and three Harleys, A new Indian Vintage, a house with a pool, a hunting property with a cabin, an Audi A7, a Bentley GTC and a bunch of other stuff. The point is i had none of that in my thirties, when i was a young hot bod myself.

Things change in life and Harley will survive. And if they do not we will be buying the newer better chit.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »

Young folks want to look cool for the most part. They show up at Harley and the place is filled with us old guys. While most of them love their grand pa, they would prefer to be hanging out with folks their own age, not grand pa and his buds.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »

Well after some reflection and seeing a typical Harley rider at lunch today i have to admit most of those old geezers are ugly. But they think they look cool. Here is the look, long stringy hair that has not been cut much since the seventies, a grey or white beard to match that blows around in the wind if not tied into a rope with some brightly colored fabric, black square toed boots possibly with some chain on them, a large wallet chained to their belt to keep it from getting lost but they say it is to keep it from getting stolen and a sleeveless shirt under a leather vest covered with a ton of patches and pins all trying to cover a belly that has been the container of way to much beer. Lord have mercy we will not mention teeth or the lack thereof. :D :D

Harley women???? Leathered up ole hags with skin just as rough as the wore out leather jacket, tits that sag under a bra-less tank with nips looking straight down, turkey necks that make real turkeys ashamed of the association, tight shirts that emphasize every fat roll and jeans digging in  like a bean pole under a mushroom cloud all overwritten with sexy slogans that no one, not even the wearer believes. :mango:

No wonder the 20 or 30 somethings are afraid to grow into us. My wife and i were looking at some pictures of a harley couple younger than us getting drunk and wild a bike rally and we said, damn they look like hell!

Hey Mach you and that hot wife enjoy today because tomorrow ain't yesterday. All in good fun mate. BTW aim one of the young thin good looking  mature dudes. :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:10:35 PM by Dr.D »

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »

Haha nice read! 

I got off work and stopped in to have some wings and a beer. Got an alert about rain coming. Told the guy I was chatting with at the bar I got to go,  I'm on my bike. He looked at me weird and said bike? I told him the red Harley out front. He told me I look like a Subaru and ski rack guy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »

He told me I look like a Subaru and ski rack guy.

You should have slapped his silly with your 12 inch d--k.
You are probably not a normal and you will make an unusually ugly Harley rider when you mature because you have started to early. :D Get a savings account for the wife's plastic surgery cause bikes and women need upkeep.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »

Well after some reflection and seeing a typical Harley rider at lunch today i have to admit most of those old geezers are ugly. But they think they look cool. Here is the look, long stringy hair that has not been cut much since the seventies, a grey or white beard to match that blows around in the wind if not tied into a rope with some brightly colored fabric, black square toed boots possibly with some chain on them, a large wallet chained to their belt to keep it from getting lost but they say it is to keep it from getting stolen and a sleeveless shirt under a leather vest covered with a ton of patches and pins all trying to cover a belly that has been the container of way to much beer. Lord have mercy we will not mention teeth or the lack thereof. :D :D

LOL... you just described our local HOG.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »

Subaru and ski rack guy?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »

Harley women???? Leathered up ole hags with skin just as rough as the wore out leather jacket, tits that sag under a bra-less tank with nips looking straight down, turkey necks that make real turkeys ashamed of the association, tight shirts that emphasize every fat roll and jeans digging in  like a bean pole under a mushroom cloud all overwritten with sexy slogans that no one, not even the wearer believes. :mango:

No wonder the 20 or 30 somethings are afraid to grow into us. My wife and i were looking at some pictures of a harley couple younger than us getting drunk and wild a bike rally and we said, damn they look like hell!

My sympathies.  You are blessed with the gift of excellent eyesight as well as a memory unclouded by many multiples of adult beverages.   ;D  Reading your post reminded me of reading EasyRiders in the 60s-70s to look at the pictures of the 20 year old versions of the wimmens you describe now.

The 2 dozen or so helmet stickers of sometimes intimate personal expression are also regulation.   :)

Yeah we may be old but as long as we can fog a mirror & throw a leg over a saddle, we aren't dead.  Even though we may look like it.  Have noticed the aging of bike rally attendees.  More wrinkles, less hair, & what hair there is is grayer as each year passes.  The young whippersnappers mosly figure it will never catch up with them.  No reason to burst their bubbles.

A very good post read Dr.D, all in all.  :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 09:35:20 AM »

Well I'm older than 48 and I'm not yet dead.  But I own both Harley's and Cadillac's (and Corvettes and various other toys), so I'm not sure what that makes me....   :nixweiss:
Careful now... some might say you are privileged and didn't work for what you have... just sayin'. ::) :P :D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 11:16:38 AM »

Careful now... some might say you are privileged and didn't work for what you have... just sayin'. ::) :P :D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Anyone that would make an assumption like that would have to be a ignorant dumb ass.
The world is full of them. They are usually the people that have never worked for anything but complain because others have.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »

We have rules of posting on the site newbie. You need to read them and respect them.
Maybe after you've been here a few years and know people in person you've earned the right to be rude on occasion but with 42 posts under your belt, you're pushing it. Read the site dude. You won't find people with 10,000 posts going after me personally because I question a post they make.

B B

Good post! Reminds me of a site member everyone thought was maladjusted, pompous and arrogant with their post.
Then we got to meet that person. It's tough to really know someone until you meet them.
Good person, good man and had that twinkle in their eye when they posted.
Sitting behind a keyboard you don't see the smile on the other  persons face as they are typing.
That is why attendance at a GTG is so much fun!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2015, 01:17:03 PM »

Good post! Reminds me of a site member everyone thought was maladjusted, pompous and arrogant with their post.
Then we got to meet that person. It's tough to really know someone until you meet them.
Good person, good man and had that twinkle in their eye when they posted.
Sitting behind a keyboard you don't see the smile on the other  persons face as they are typing.
That is why attendance at a GTG is so much fun!

SBB

I agree. I have been a member on a site for a local club. It was funny how nice everyone who met each other were. Once you meet a person and spend time with them, you seem to read their comments more favorably. It is difficult for me at times due to my very dry sense of humor. Once people meet me they realize this and take my humor in stride.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:19:38 PM by 03Lightningrocks »

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »

'Coming off trail / dirt bikes when I was a kid, I decided I wanted a street bike when I was 19-20, (working 2-3 jobs) 'rode all the big bikes of the time (BMW R900 (what an ill handling pos!) Honda 750s, Triumph twins & triples, Kaw triples, Z-1s, KZ 1000s, the poster of the soon to be released XLCR Café Sportster really got my interest up for HD, man what a badass looking bike! So I started checking out Shovels (mostly chopped to some degree), Sportsters and settled on a '76 Sporty in July of '76 (a Navy guy wrecked it, cosmetic damage only, with about 350 miles on it) because it handled extremely well for a liter bike, sounded great when I put the drag pipes / jetted the Zenith, and had plenty of go, would outrun most all the cages of the day to the ton, and would powershift 2nd every time :coolblue:.

Remember, Harley (AMF) couldn't give HDs away in the face of the Japanese onslaught of technology and "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"? Later HD petitioned the Fed for an import tariff, remember the 700s?

After taking any girl, for a spin on the Sporty, I instantly got "lucky" :2vrolijk_21:

Out of the hundreds of folks in my local (predominantly HD) riding community, I am the only one that is active on any HD forums, so I feel that we are just a very small cross section of the demographic.

I see tons of younger riders on HDs, a lot of them Military / former Military, mostly on "murdered out" SGs

I guess that what I was really saying was that Harley (then AMF) attracted a younger rider (me) back in the 70s... 

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:32:41 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »

Anyone that would make an assumption like that would have to be a ignorant dumb ass.
The world is full of them. They are usually the people that have never worked for anything but complain because others have.

SBB dead on, brother!

JakeyL.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2015, 09:43:51 PM »

Newbie checking in...  This reminds me of "the old days" when I was active in a cycle world forum.  Back then it was an all out war.  Forums weren't as specific, so you had the metric guys talkin chit about the "American iron" guys, and vice versa.  Anyway, we had a meet-up where a handful of different guys and bikes showed up... No real invite, just anyone with balls decided to be present... Long sory short:  our love of riding and two wheeled machines ruled the day.   We found that what we had in common far outweighed our differences..  I made some lifelong friends...  Anyway, now I'm rambling.  Carry on.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:46:20 PM by JakeyL. »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.