Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taurus mellenium  (Read 696 times)

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
Taurus mellenium
« on: July 10, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »

I was in a gun shop today and there was a new Taurus 9mm mellenium. The owner said he wanted $250 for it. I'm not interested but my son-in-law is. That seems like a good price. It is a double stack and comes with two mags. Do they usually sell around that price?

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: Taurus mellenium
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 12:09:38 AM »

I was in a gun shop today and there was a new Taurus 9mm mellenium. The owner said he wanted $250 for it. I'm not interested but my son-in-law is. That seems like a good price. It is a double stack and comes with two mags. Do they usually sell around that price?

I did a quick search on GunBroker at completed sales. Looks fair enough. The sales are ranging between $205 and $265 plus you'd have to pay shipping and an FFL transfer fee. At $250 plus tax and it's ready then and there, it seems fair. You could probably get a slightly better quality firearm for a few bucks more. Something like a Kahr CT9. It's a single stack with 8+1 rounds of capacity compared to the 12+1 of the Taurus. However it should be slimmer and a better quality firearm. Appears to be selling on GunBroker between $310 and $350.

When all's done, the Taurus will get the job done when it comes to "social work" as Jeff Quinn of Gunblast.com calls it.

Good luck, once you buy one, you'll end up buying more.

DH

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »

Thanks for the info. Like I said, its my son-in-law wanting it. I already own several but its been a few years since I have bought anything.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »

And if you're a Maine resident without a Felony conviction you can stuff it in your waistband and cover it with your jacket and walk around free and clear of any fear of getting busted for concealed carry without a permit. I am shocked the anti-gun lobby is not streaming into Maine by the thousands and picketing the Blaine House

B B

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.