Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Midwestern 2009 Streetglide Update Pictures  (Read 3094 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Midwestern 2009 Streetglide Update Pictures
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

I need to thank JC and Terry as a lot of their efforts and pictures made it easier to make some of the changes we made.  If it were for my wife, it would still be stock and she would be struggling with the bars and stock seat.  If a bike doesn't fit you, they are no fun to ride.   Probably do mufflers, PC, and air filter once it gets broken in.  Will watch for takeoff wheels or the like.

Chip-Thanks for the invite and Nancy and you may see us at your door someday.  Just turned 36,000 miles on mine today.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »

I need to thank JC and Terry as a lot of their efforts and pictures made it easier to make some of the changes we made.  If it were for my wife, it would still be stock and she would be struggling with the bars and stock seat.  If a bike doesn't fit you, they are no fun to ride.   Probably do mufflers, PC, and air filter once it gets broken in.  Will watch for takeoff wheels or the like.

Chip-Thanks for the invite and Nancy and you may see us at your door someday.  Just turned 36,000 miles on mine today.

Bob

An FYI, I got a set of wheels from a former member that came off a 07 Road Glide.
They were the stock silver spoke wheels, I got them fairly cheap (200 I think).
A friend of mine bought a new Street Glide and I disliked his stock wheels so much I gave him those R/G wheels.
They look great, certainly much better than stock.
So just remember you have options,,,and some may not be very expensive.

And Bob,,,,, all we need is a little notice.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Boatman, I am thinking of the street glide for my wife,great bike. My wife is 5'4 so she needs bars and a seat for sure. She loves the Mustang seat on her Lowrider. Was wondering if you know if taht seat lowers her I see you have the Corbin I think. Thanks for the help Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »

Very nice Bob! Congratulations to you and Sandra on fine rides.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »

Boatman, I am thinking of the street glide for my wife,great bike. My wife is 5'4 so she needs bars and a seat for sure. She loves the Mustang seat on her Lowrider. Was wondering if you know if taht seat lowers her I see you have the Corbin I think. Thanks for the help Billy

Hi Billy,

I'm a woman riding a Street Glide, 07. I'm 5'4" with a 29" inseam. I also have a corbin close solo and I love it! It definitely lowers me and brings me closer to the handlebars. I did have it shaved pretty close on the sides where my thighs hit and that helped alot. I have about 23,000 miles on that seat.

I also recently sat on a 09 SG at a dealer that had progressive shocks (11 and a half inch)...418's that really made a difference. That bike also had a badlander seat by Harley on it. I could easily flat foot that bike.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »

Beautiful bikes! I'm jealous.

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »

Beautiful SG Boatman! I'll bet Sandra is loving it! I've seen Terrie's in person and love the color...gorgeous in the sun!!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »

Billy-

Sandra is 5'7" with 32" in seam.  As SGChick has, it is a Corbin close solo with the nose shaved even more than stock.  You can SGChick is flat footed.   The bars are the Harley Pullback reach bars.  The seat, windshield, and bars make all the difference in the world.

Chip-

Agreed the stock wheels are ugly, even believe they would be ugly chrome (sorry d00d)..  I think chrome wheels would really set the bike off-as it is now, it still needs something.  A fellow Buckeye has wheels/tires off his 2009 SEUC for sale, but don't want to spend that much right now.   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »

Billy-

Sandra is 5'7" with 32" in seam.  As SGChick has, it is a Corbin close solo with the nose shaved even more than stock.  You can SGChick is flat footed.   The bars are the Harley Pullback reach bars.  The seat, windshield, and bars make all the difference in the world.

Chip-

Agreed the stock wheels are ugly, even believe they would be ugly chrome (sorry d00d)..   I think chrome wheels would really set the bike off-as it is now, it still needs something.  A fellow Buckeye has wheels/tires off his 2009 SEUC for sale, but don't want to spend that much right now.   
I can't argue that when it comes to the stock wheels. :no: But there are a lot of options out there though. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »

If you notice on Melanie's (sgchick) bike, she has the Road Glide rims that we had chromed, just an option. The bars now are stock chrome SEUC bars, internally wired. Also, we added the Arnott alden air ride shocks. The bars and air ride were added after the last posted pic. Here is a new pic with the additions and the link to newest additions.(it never ends) http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=34485.0
Also, here's a link to a member selling some take offs...   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=34947.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »

That goes two ways Bob........thanks for the tip on the handlebars! :2vrolijk_21:

I know what you mean......if it were up to Terrie, her bike would still be stock....stock.....stock.  But you and I know the value of a bike that's set up for comfort for the rider.  If they're comfortable they'll want to ride more often and will want to ride further.  Terrie shared with me today "I can't wait to ride out of this state.........someplace different".

If you want to go with a set of Python slip with very low miles on them......let me know.  I'd like to change hers to the Bub 7 slip ons.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »

One more pic for the heck of it :D

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:20 PM »

Looking Good there Bobby Boy  :2vrolijk_21:

Give any thought to my PM?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »

Boatman..........just a head's up.  I think the wheels have to be off of (or made for) 09 since they're different size than previous years.  Also, there's something different (I don't remember what it is) on the wheels if her bike has ABS.  

I just remember when I was talking to them about trading with the Ultra Classic wheels..........they were telling me "we can do that if we have an 09 Ultra Classic with ABS........ABS and non-ABS aren't interchangeable".
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

Boatman..........just a head's up.  I think the wheels have to be off of (or made for) 09 since they're different size than previous years.  Also, there's something different (I don't remember what it is) on the wheels if her bike has ABS.  

I just remember when I was talking to them about trading with the Ultra Classic wheels..........they were telling me "we can do that if we have an 09 Ultra Classic with ABS........ABS and non-ABS aren't interchangeable".

The wheels definitely have to be for an 09 and as you stated, for ABS also.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 24 queries.