Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 110 Piston replacements  (Read 3172 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
110 Piston replacements
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »

For those interested in upgrading your motor it is becoming increasingly difficult of late to find the 10.25 pistons for the 110" engines.   Whether or not they become active again is a who knows kind of question, but for those interested J&E has a replacement piston made explicitly for the 110" engine.   It comes in standard bore, +5, +10.

Also note they have stock replacements as well for the 9.3 to 1 pistons listed there in all 3 sizes as well.

For those interested the chart is below.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: 110 Piston replacements
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »

Can't get pistons?
Can't get D&D exhaust?
Can't get a SERT?
What's up with all that?

:nixweiss:

Hope this means there's a lot of fun motors being built!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »

My dealer can't get SE251 cams either.  Apparently a "national backorder".
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »

Chip boy you said a mouthful with this one and they really make you go hrmm or if you want the stuff you go WTF is up with this.  You almost have to wonder if the EPA is truly winning this battle or if its something else?

FWIW:
Some of the SERTS have begun to be delivered, pistons are a who knows answer (WTF), and D&D is supposed to be shipping in less than 2 weeks.   Poor Howie is waiting on a pipe now ... poor poor howie, but good news is Binx will read this and ask for more SPA time to compensate.

For those that like the 251 or are in process of building a motor and waiting for a cam and your not stuck on HD they may want to look at the woods 77 cam.   It has a broad curve and comes in both chain and gear drive.   If you call Bobby Woods he is great to speak, I called him when Rhino was looking to get a feel for that cam and what was different about it.  Two or three people from the site have already put them in and maybe they will comment on how they like the cam.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:10:29 PM »

Chip you said a mouthful with this one and they really make you go hrmm or if you want the stuff you go WTF is up with this.  You almost have to wonder if the EPA is truly winning this battle or if its something else?
FWIW:
Some of the SERTS have begun to be delivered, pistons are a who knows answer (WTF), and D&D is supposed to be shipping in less than 2 weeks.   Poor Howie is waiting on a pipe now ... poor poor howie, but good news is Binx will read this and ask for more SPA time to compensate.

For those that like the 251 or are in process of building a motor and waiting for a cam and your not stuck on HD they may want to look at the woods 77 cam.   It has a broad curve and comes in both chain and gear drive.   If you call Bobby Woods he is great to speak, I called him when Rhino was looking to get a feel for that cam and what was different about it.  Two or three people from the site have already put them in and maybe they will comment on how they like the cam.

Harry (man),,, (never seen a boy on a dresser)

Was wondering if anyone would catch my real point?
I am hoping it's just high demand and not the EPA reeling in the strings!
I have never left anything I have stock so here's hoping it's just high demand!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 01:18:04 PM »

My dealer can't get SE251 cams either.  Apparently a "national backorder".
maybe try calling other dealers that may have in stock :nixweiss:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »

Chip (Man),
Boy was more of a phrase than a description of you sorry, I will try and be less colorful about it.

I surely hope it is demand, but on the site I really haven't noticed a ton of builds other than Mrs Rooster commenting for Mr. Rooster and infamous FTW Howie build heeh.   I mean people are doing cams, but not a lot of top end builds.   I was really thinking we would start to see stuff now that almost a year has passed that the bikes have been out.   What sucks is that Harley had all the stuff available for the 103's the day they hit the floor, but these 110's it all seems to have disappeared.   

Harry

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

Alright then,  :2vrolijk_21:

How about a dumb question?

I'm thinking the 251's have been out a while,( :nixweiss:) so has Harley introduced a new cam since the 110 came out? (well besides the stock 110 cam?)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »

Chip,

No, they haven't what they did was retrofit all the old style TC cams to work in the new chain style from previous years. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »

The day all my parts shipped, I was notified that I won't be getting my new piston rings. I searched around the country to try to find a new set of stock piston rings for the 110". No luck whatsoever! I did, however, find a new set of comlete pistons assembly w/rings, pins, and locks. $300 instead of $50, but I'll have all my new parts in time for the build. I think I'll put new cylinders on too! ::) Thank you Latus! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »

The day all my parts shipped, I was notified that I won't be getting my new piston rings. I searched around the country to try to find a new set of stock piston rings for the 110". No luck whatsoever! I did, however, find a new set of comlete pistons assembly w/rings, pins, and locks. $300 instead of $50, but I'll have all my new parts in time for the build. I think I'll put new cylinders on too! ::) Thank you Latus! ;)

Hoist! 8)
What pistons are you getting?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »

What pistons are you getting?

Stock Pistons and cylinders. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie,

Wow that is another 2 hour massage for Binx hehe.   Did you do a dealer locate on the rings?   

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 02:16:18 PM »

Howie,

Wow that is another 2 hour massage for Binx hehe.   Did you do a dealer locate on the rings?   

I think another full day massage now! ::) They dealers searched for rings and came up empty. F it! A whole new top end! I'll have a spare top end to play with now! ;) Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »

I think another full day massage now! ::) They dealers searched for rings and came up empty. F it! A whole new top end! I'll have a spare top end to play with now! ;) Hoist! 8)

Man, you've lost me now. What are you gaining by buying new stock parts to replace your current stock parts? Did I miss something here?

Bagger

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »

Here's another outfit that's always had 4.000" cylinders pistons and larger - very well respected in their field.

http://www.axtellsales.com/
2002 Road King Classic (117ci  (CR 10.62:1 / 
S&S 4 3/8” Flywheel / Baisley Superstock Plus Heads (83cc 1.94” I / 1.630” E)
4.125" Axtell cylinders / 4.125” JE -0.10" dished
0.030" Head Gasket / TMan 625G cam /
HPI 55mm TB / HPI 5.3 Injectors / Trask Assault A/C / FM Jackpot RTX 2-1

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »

Believe it or not there's a method to my madness! ::)

Thanks Henry, already working on that too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 02:47:43 PM »

Believe it or not there's a method to my madness! ::)

Thanks Henry, already working on that too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Are you going to let any of us in on that, or just keep it to yourself?  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »

Are you going to let any of us in on that, or just keep it to yourself?  ;D

In due time Chuck! ::) Since my mods are somewhat of an experimental nature, I want to make quite sure my experiment works first. Believe me, you'll know in a few weeks if I'm a happy camper or not! ;) Hoist! 8)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »

Howie,

Ronnie is on the phone and wanted me to relay a message to you.   Unless you put the TMax on that build your not going to be very happy with it.   I want you to know he is cackling pretty good about it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »

Howie,

Ronnie is on the phone and wanted me to relay a message to you.   Unless you put the TMax on that build your not going to be very happy with it.   I want you to know he is cackling pretty good about it.

That's funny, Ronnie told me not to use it! He thinks it might be his only hope when you guys come up here to see me! ::) Hoist! 8)

Rhino

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 12:03:10 AM »

Howie, for pete's sake, what ARE you doing by getting extra heads, pistons etc.  Are you starting a collection?  And, BTW, IF you are using the 50MM SE TB, talk to me to avoid some problems, or Harry, I spoke w him re some TB discoveries. So, what's this IN DUE TIME schtick?  You already let the cat out, now you gotta speak up.

Rhino

That's funny, Ronnie told me not to use it! He thinks it might be his only hope when you guys come up here to see me! ::) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »

Howie, for pete's sake, what ARE you doing by getting extra heads, pistons etc.  Are you starting a collection?  And, BTW, IF you are using the 50MM SE TB, talk to me to avoid some problems, or Harry, I spoke w him re some TB discoveries. So, what's this IN DUE TIME schtick?  You already let the cat out, now you gotta speak up.

Rhino

:lipsrsealed2: :P ;D Nothing to let out. Nothing much to tell.  Doing head gaskets and rocker box clearancing. Throwing a little cams in. A lotta bulletproof extras (hopefully!). Exhaust. And a couple of other things I'm experimenting with. ::) I won't know til I'm done. How can I tell you anything! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.