Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Howie will you have your head checked ?  (Read 1329 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Howie will you have your head checked ?
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:43:28 PM »

Howie,

Sorry Howie the subject line was just to good to pass on.

Would it be possible when they go in to replace your head gaskets to see if they (engine guy) would be willing to take the springs off one head and check them?   

I thought of you because your dropping it off for them to work on Monday and well it would possibly be the fastest turn around time for an answer.

My other thought is that maybe Latus or Hal's would share the info?  Anyone know them well enough to ask?

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Howie will you have your head checked ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »

Howie,

Sorry Howie the subject line was just to good to pass on.

Would it be possible when they go in to replace your head gaskets to see if they (engine guy) would be willing to take the springs off one head and check them?   

I thought of you because your dropping it off for them to work on Monday and well it would possibly be the fastest turn around time for an answer.

My other thought is that maybe Latus or Hal's would share the info?  Anyone know them well enough to ask?

Are you looking to have the spring pressure tested? Something specific you're trying to find out? :confused5: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »

Howie,

Yes trying to find out what max lift the stock springs in our heads will handle.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:11:55 PM »

Howie,

Yes trying to find out what max lift the stock springs in our heads will handle.

Gotcha. I just saw the other thread. I'll ask them to check it. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:07:44 AM »

Thanks Hoist,

I'm very interested by this object.
Now, I have not my bike before the end of August (Pistons and cylinders need change)
my dealer propose me to change my cams in same time.
I'll pay only the cams not the work because it'll be with the warranty.

I need to define the best choice without change TB, springs or others if it's possible. (More Tq -2000/3500 rpm)
I think that the SE 255 are for the EPA and it's possible to find more powerful cams.
If I help my dealer in the choice it'll be a good thing.

I've seen SE 251, SE257 and now SE 260...

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:05 AM »

Thanks Hoist,

I'm very interested by this object.
Now, I have not my bike before the end of August (Pistons and cylinders need change)
my dealer propose me to change my cams in same time.
I'll pay only the cams not the work because it'll be with the warranty.

I need to define the best choice without change TB, springs or others if it's possible. (More Tq -2000/3500 rpm)
I think that the SE 255 are for the EPA and it's possible to find more powerful cams.
If I help my dealer in the choice it'll be a good thing.

I've seen SE 251, SE257 and now SE 260...

Jacques

Sure thing Jacques. The 251 will bolt in and that's a 579 lift. If you're not doing TB or adding compression, stay away from the 257, 258, or 260. Ask if they'll let you use a cometic head gasket instead, and bring compression up just a touch. I'd think about doing the TB as well. The SE 50 mm w/it's 4,89 injectors should make this a nice, rideable, bolt-in package that the dealer should stand behind with no problem. I'll let you guys know about the valve springs next week.

Hoist! 8)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »

Howie,

Thanks for checking on that for us.

-harry

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.