Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: air cleaner  (Read 1663 times)

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
air cleaner
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »

Does any one run a s&s teardrop air cleaner on there bike ( not the indution system)? I have heard that they don't flow as much air as the SE. But I was asking at the dealer today about a power commander map for it and they told me that s&s flows to much air. Any feed back on this?

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
Re: air cleaner
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:37:24 PM »

Go with a K&N, made for your motor, mounts and airflow needs.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:45:31 AM »

Does any one run a s&s teardrop air cleaner on there bike ( not the indution system)? I have heard that they don't flow as much air as the SE. But I was asking at the dealer today about a power commander map for it and they told me that s&s flows to much air. Any feed back on this?

I seriously doubt there would be much id any airflow difference between the S&S and the SE kit. They are both open in the rear and allow flow all around the filter.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »

mhjimh,

I've looked through the entire file of PC maps for Harley's, and they all refer to the SE air filter (none with the S&S filter).
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:26:04 PM »

I planed on installing a K&N filter in the s&s filter box any way because I know it flows more air.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

mhjimh-

« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:40:37 PM by GROVER »

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »

Need some help I was looking at some picture in the gallery and seem a bike with a S&S air filter on it. In the gallery 2nd page, 103HunDer's photos, album 2005 cvo smoky mt. gathering picture 56 of 58 there is a picture of a blue and black seeg with an S&S air filter does any one know how owns the bike? That is what I want to run on my bike. just like to know how well it works.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Need some help I was looking at some picture in the gallery and seem a bike with a S&S air filter on it. In the gallery 2nd page, 103HunDer's photos, album 2005 cvo smoky mt. gathering picture 56 of 58 there is a picture of a blue and black seeg with an S&S air filter does any one know how owns the bike? That is what I want to run on my bike. just like to know how well it works.

Was there a pink hat proudly adorning the seat?  I think you're talking about Spyder's bike.

Spyder, you out there?  Guy here wants to know about your air cleaner!

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 03:31:26 PM »

Yes that is the bike and there is a nice??? pink helmet on the seat.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 07:36:11 PM »

Yes that is the bike and there is a nice??? pink helmet on the seat.
Careful mhjimh, that's a genuine spyder pank helmet there...and the wimmen LUV it!  :-* Har!  ......about the air cleaner.......it's a S&S w/ the K&N mesh re-oilable filter in it.  Works great.  Go for it.  I forgot the cost, but a number of aftermkt. catalogs will list it.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »

Thanks Spider [just kidding about the helmet. I mist the cool spider the first time I was looking at the air filter insted of the helmet] but I am assuming it flows like a SE air filter and there was no problem with maping the ECM? and I was planing on using a K&N filter in it.

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.