Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Terminal Velocity EFI?  (Read 1430 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Terminal Velocity EFI?
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:49:07 PM »

Anyone care to comment on the Terry Components' Terminal Velocity EFi system with A/F sensor?  Got to catch up on my reading this weekend and saw in AIM/D.Petersons TC article the mention of it.
Has anyone used this product?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Terminal Velocity EFI?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Anyone care to comment on the Terry Components' Terminal Velocity EFi system with A/F sensor?
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: Terminal Velocity EFI?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:31:17 PM »

I have one on my bike and it works great. It's not the Terry one, but it's made by the same guy that makes 'em for Terry. http://www.worldthunderempire.com/alphan.html Gary Betherum, the guy who invented them, did the install. The bike runs better than ever, so I can't complain. However since Gary installed it when he did the dyno tune, which was shortly after my heads and cam were installed, I can't say for sure if the bike runs better because of the fuel processor, the heads and cam, or the tune. It's probably a combination of all these factors. In any event, my mpgs have gone up a couple over all too.

In my quest to rid my bike of spark knock I had the fuel processor installed by Gary when he did my first M&M SERT dyno tune. The bike ran great till the late summer heat came back and the engine got heat soaked. Then the pinging started. I told Gary that I was doing heads and cam, and asked him if I would need another dyno tune since I had the fuel processor installed. He said maybe not, but to let him check it after the install. I took the bike back to him after the heads and cam went on, and he tweaked the MAP on the dyno. The bike runs much better now. So, my overall impression is that while the fuel processor does a fine job of compensating for changes in altitude, humidity, loads, and minor mods like pipes and air cleaner, it is not capable of handling wholesale changes like heads, cams and displacement. It is also not a substitute for a spot on dyno tune.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 24 queries.