Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 21 tooth comp sprocket  (Read 3120 times)

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 21 tooth comp sprocket
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 10:43:52 AM »

Aussie FLSTFSE,
   I bought the bike new in May of 2000 and it already had a stage one kit & vance & Hines pipes and made 87 hp, by july and only 600 [smiley=nixweiss.gif] miles I installed a 95'' kit [smiley=nixweiss.gif] which are the pic's you see on wolftrax,and made 100 hp and would light it up like the 4th of july and almost lost it, thats when I saw the 240 on the Big Dog Mastiff bike and said I just got to have that, so I got on the internet and spread the word if anyone had a 240 kit for a softail Deuce, hahaha!! ssuuurrree! I  even talked to Arlen Ness, Jessie James and about every builder out there, Arlen Ness said theres no such puppy BUT!! if I came across one to let him know, and sure as chit I get a call from these boys in Arizona called the weired brothers, they said that there was 240 kit for a Deuce being welded up togeather as we talked in Germany!! all I said was how much and it was $3500 plus shipping, I wanted to keep it looking like a Deuce so I ordered the kit with a 18''x8 1/2'' solid polished rim that was made by Ricks with all the 1'' spacers for the primary, jack shaft for the starter, trans shaft, swing arm, bearings and the shaft for the rim plus all the hard ware,and buy spring it was on the road, and I like to add it was the FIRST Deuce in the US to have a 240, when I called Arlen ness and told him what I did he asked me to send him as maney pictures as I could and I did, I never talked to him and he never called me back again but guess what he started making 240 kits right after that.

I sent my fenders to the good old boys at Mulwakee Iron and they made up what you see on my bike out of 1/4'' steel/ iron? and yes I cut my struts off the rear fender was so strong I stood on it while it was on the floor and diden't flex at all and is held on by 4- 5/16th crome round bolts, and it corners as good as the stock set up you just have to lean into it a little harder to the right side because of the offset, but then again I don't go flying around any corners anyway, it wasen't till I built the 116'' that I started having some little problems LIKE!! snapping my trans shaft right in two,smoking clutche's and went through 4 starters till I got the one that would fire this monster up with out frying the starter clutch (Tec-Tornado) started has been it ever since, this summer I raced the guy Fire Man *&^% no names but he know's what happen, he's taken the torque shoot outs for 4 years or so in Florida but lives here were I do, anyway to make a long story short, and of course with a FXR and a big motor but a 140 rear tire he just wanted to do roll on starts at 35 mph and he did get me on the top end I trulley admit But!! when agreed to a dead stop run well all I can say is that comming off the line at 4500 and that 240 hooked like to white on rice and bearing the needle at 120 and still pulling hard I looked to my left when he let up on his bike and I was 1 1/2 bikes in front [smiley=jalapeno.gif] damn did that feel good, and he was mad as a hornet and offered to race for $500, maybe he was saving the NOS for some sucher... not this boy, he had 3 try's and blew the last one, I know he will be looking for me come spring, can't wait [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] sorry for the long reply but good news travels fast, don't get me wrong He is a good guy and I have all the respect for him but chit happens and I'm sure theres a whole lot of bike's out there that can clean my clock [smiley=drink.gif]        

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »

lair116,

Thanks for the info

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

TEXASTAL

• under construction
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 05:50:04 PM »

This is what I love about this site, I ask a $50 question and pretty soon it works its was around to a $10,000+ answer. HUBBARD , my cousin called the other day and was telling me he had a 2001 serg and always thought the gears in it gave him more getty-up than his other bikes. I think I'll give this combination a try and see what I think.

2004 seeg
1997 springer bad boy
1990 hertiage
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.