Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thundermax?  (Read 1604 times)

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Thundermax?
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:16 PM »

Can someone give some more comparisons as to what the differences are between the Zippers Thundermax and a SERT?
I know the basic ones and I have read the manual.  But it's pretty basic, not quite as detailed in explaining all the monitored systems.  I know it's Alpha-N but what about the rest?  Are there A/F ratio tables, injector pulse tables?  Monitoring engine temp, baro pressure adjustments and cold start enrichment tables?
I know there are others that I forgot, but the RT is pretty robust and want to know how they compare.
I have to make a decision this week on an EFI solution for the SEEG.  Did some maintainance on the plugs and A/C and the plugs were rich and a/c dirty.  I keep hedging to the Thundermax just hoping they can provide a cam/heads solution.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Thundermax?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:54:26 PM »

Re-read the manual again and think I understand the tables a little better.  They just don't show the values....you have to open each cell to see the value.  Makes it a little harder to visualize where an area may have been over added.  Does it have the 3D Graphing?
2 other areas not mentioned:  Does the Thundermax monitor detonation and adjust timing to compensate?
When the engine temp reaches 325 degrees the engine light comes on in the speedo.  Is there no fuel richening or spark skips like the SERT to cool the engine?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »

Suggest you get that info from the horse's mouth, so to speak.  Contact John at Zipper's - email   john.k@zippersperformance.com    or PM him on this site  jdk20723

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »

Better yet post your question for him here in the newly created Zippers Forum:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=vend_zippers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »

Tally if your checking the forum, I made a call over to Zippers for you.  I am not all the way up to speed yet on dynoing with the Thundermax I have set it up and worked with it, but I wanted to be sure you get the right answers for comparison, so one of the guys is going to either post here for you or call me and give me the answers for you.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

thanks Harry.  John at Zippers did PM me and we are going to talk on the phone.  He also offered that if I meet him at Daytona they can answer all my questions at their booth.  Maybe a CVO + Daytona discount??  [smiley=banana.gif]
I just have a feeling that once the Big Sucker goes on, the tune is going to go way lean, even though I still have the stock touring mufflers still on.  But right now the stock filter is so dirty it's making it run rich.  
So, I'm going to have to decide before then.....

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 11:28:07 AM »

Does anyone else have a RT and used the Ignition Advance feature to tweek the Ignition Chart?  Is the RT temperature feature useful?  Has anyone had it kick in?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 12:39:34 PM »

Tally,

If you do it at bikeweek I am sure you guys could head over to Bragging Rights and fix whatever issues if any.  My buddy sean has an 03 roadking we just did with pipes / air cleaner and he had No issues other than making sure he had the right year for the ECM even though it was an 03 bike he had an 02 ECM.   I can not see you having major issues, but if there are any they could easily be addressed.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

Tally the temperature feature is automatic so I would presume unless it is defective everyone with one has had it kick and work for them on a regular basis.   The timing question is really going to depend on the tuner.   Generally a good tuner is going to play with timing to get the most for you out of his tune.

-harry

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 08:14:38 AM »

thanks Harry.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.