Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for feedback on trade in value  (Read 1635 times)

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

Looking for feedback on trade in value
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:16:42 PM »

Hello Everyone, 

I have a 2016 CVO limited that I am looking to trade in for a 2020 Roadglide limited.  What should I expect in terms of trade in value? The  RG limited is about 31K without the tax and fees.   I am also open to trade for a 2019 RG special and add a tourpak later if needed.

The 16 Limited has the 117 SE Kit with SE tuner, 7 year ESP warranty including tire/wheels, Harley boom stage 2 with 8 speakers, detachable tour pak and rinehart mufflers.  New tires, 19.5K miles and all service done at local dealership.  No issues, Runs great.

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Looking for feedback on trade in value
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 10:44:24 PM »

My guess is that they'll offer you somewhere in the ballpark of $16k for your cvo and you'll want to cash out the residual on your warranty.  They'll want to try selling the new buyer a new Warrenty and make their commission.  They will probably ask $25k for it and take $22k.  You'd do better selling it yourself, if you can get $20k, I'd take it.  If you wait until spring, you might be able to get $22k but who knows.  Cvo buyers don't grow on trees so selling it yourself could take a while. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 06:42:16 AM »

If you get an offer of 19 to 20 K take it and if your bike has a lot of miles good luck getting that out of it. I had the same bike and traded it last November and got 23 K with less than 30 K on the Bike.

Dante
DND

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:28:25 PM »

I would also say anywhere from 18-20 G.. If they offered 20 I would make the deal...

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »

Khan, not sure which state you are in but in TN and most others, you only pay the taxes on the difference in a trade.  If you sell it yourself, you may have to take into account how much more you would pay in taxes.  Sometimes you can get more than enough to offset the difference in a sell-it-yourself but you could be sitting on it for a while OR you may only break even (I've done both).  Depending on your state taxes, trading can make a big difference in the OTD pricing.

Investigating your offer with none of the extras based in my area, I would expect a good offer of $18,000 with some wiggle room to maybe $19,000 or $19,500.  I didn't figure any of your options into the trade as most dealers only allow $.10 on the dollar for additional equipment.  If you are trading at the dealer you bought the bike (and options), you may do better than that on a trade...sometimes you do, sometimes ya don't. 

Good luck whichever way you go... :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 02:38:14 PM »

Get a refund on what's left of your ESP.  Might be surprised how much that is, depending on how much time is left.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »

I appreciate the feedback.  I expect roughly the same as everyone's estimates.  Buying back the ESP or if I can roll it into the new bike is a good idea.  I'll take it in next week and see what they say.  I'm in Las Vegas NV so have several dealerships here and close by in Utah/AZ. 

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »

Investigating your offer with none of the extras based in my area, I would expect a good offer of $18,000 with some wiggle room to maybe $19,000 or $19,500.  I didn't figure any of your options into the trade as most dealers only allow $.10 on the dollar for additional equipment.  If you are trading at the dealer you bought the bike (and options), you may do better than that on a trade...sometimes you do, sometimes ya don't. 

Good luck whichever way you go... :2vrolijk_21:

Haird, thank you for checking.  I really appreciate it.   Another reason to consider the trade is paying sales tax only on the difference. 

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.