Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: is it worth it or not, that is the question  (Read 18483 times)

anzac

• Full CVO Member
is it worth it or not, that is the question
« on: October 21, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »

I have a Ultra CVO 2009 , love the bike but I like what harley has done to the new 2014 model and when all the bugs are worked out I'm sure 2015 will be terrific. I spoke to my dealer the other day and he said with the new engine enhancement on the limited 103s you are better off just gettine a 103 limited instead of the 110.  price and value wise

Now my question is besides the heated seats and crome is there anything else the new CVO screaming eagle has over the Limited 103 Ultra for the extra 10 grand, any advice would be
helpful

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: is it worth it or not, that is the question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »

well, whether or not it is worth it is a question only you can answer.  but for your $12,000 + you're gonna get a bigger engine, much nicer paint job, 75 watt per channel amplifiers, mirror chrome chisel wheels, hd ventilator a/c, LED passing lights, better exhaust (subjective), wrap around led run/brake lights on the tourpack and dual control heated seats.  plus some other chrome bits.

if you were to add the items individually, it would come up more than the cvo cost wise.  but, the question becomes, would you add all those things? or only some of them?

if you look at the limited edition paint sets, with the extended saddlebags, and tourpack, they run about $10,000 for the complete set.

course, you also get the improved resale value of the cvo vs the limited which all your add-ons don't really increase the book value of the sale (if thats a consideration for you)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:27:46 PM by ekim60 »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »

I have a Ultra CVO 2009 , love the bike but I like what harley has done to the new 2014 model and when all the bugs are worked out I'm sure 2015 will be terrific. I spoke to my dealer the other day and he said with the new engine enhancement on the limited 103s you are better off just gettine a 103 limited instead of the 110.  price and value wise

Now my question is besides the heated seats and crome is there anything else the new CVO screaming eagle has over the Limited 103 Ultra for the extra 10 grand, any advice would be
helpful
Here's what's going to happen. You're going to buy the Limited then spend a bunch of time and money trying to dress it up like the CVO. Just get the CVO  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »

Here's what's going to happen. You're going to buy the Limited then spend a bunch of time and money trying to dress it up like the CVO. Just get the CVO  :nixweiss:

Agree, been there done that

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »

power locks $1000  :apple:
upgraded speakers $1000   :bananarock:
110 $2000  :jalapeno:
Paint $1000+  :cucumber:
Crome and Crome and More Crome $??  :pineapple:
Heated Seat $1200  :pepper:

:2vrolijk_21: Just get the CVO  :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »

Oh and I forgot to mention when it's time to trade/sell it's a limited, not a CVO  :-\

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »

Thank you very much, I just needed that extra push, I'll get the Screamin Eagle

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 07:03:35 PM »

Oh and I forgot to mention when it's time to trade/sell it's a limited, not a CVO  :-\
X2 Agree
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »

Now the question is , which color?
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »

... Bought the t-shirt...

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 08:04:23 AM »

If you have the cash..........CVO........if you don't Ultra it is a lot of bike for the Bucks
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 08:16:41 AM »

Here's what's going to happen. You're going to buy the Limited then spend a bunch of time and money trying to dress it up like the CVO. Just get the CVO  :nixweiss:

Jesse, I had to clean my computer screen after reading that one.... :huepfenlol2:
....as if we ALL don't do that with our CVO's anyway..... :2vrolijk_21:

ANZAC:  To answer your original question....you can't make a stock Limited into a CVO limited for anywhere near the MSRP on a CVO Limited.  Plus, after you do the mods to the stock Limited, it's still just a stock Limited when it comes to selling/trade-in time.  Look at it this way, if you spend $27K on the Limited and then put say $12,000 in accessories on it (appearance, performance, sound, paint, etc), when you go to trade in a couple years, those $12,000 mods equate to maybe 10% of their original cost (so figure at the most $1,200 if you are lucky) not to mention depreciation on the stock Limited.  Take the Limited CVO at $39K.  The extras that come on the CVO are part of the bike, not extras.  So while it will depreciate just like the stock Limited does, the extra "stuff" on the CVO keeps more of the original value and isn't figured separately as extras.  Of course, all of this depends on what you can afford AND if you do any mods to the Limited.  If you kept it stock and like it that way and don't really want/need all the bling that comes with the CVO, by all means jump on the Limited.  Really, it comes down to what you like.  Good luck on whatever road you take.

Haird
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:29:18 PM by Haird »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »

Jesse, I had to clean my computer screen after reading that one.... :huepfenlol2:
....as if we ALL don't do that with our CVO's anyway..... :2vrolijk_21:

ANZAC:  To answer your original question....you can't make a stock Limited into a CVO limited for anywhere near the MSRP on a CVO Limited.  Plus, after you do the mods to the stock Limited, it's still just a stock Limited with it comes to selling/trade-in time.  Look at it this way, if you spend $27K on the Limited and then put say $12,000 in accessories on it (appearance, performance, sound, paint, etc), when you go to trade in a couple years, those $12,000 mods equate to maybe 10% of their original cost (so figure at the most $1,200 if your are lucky) not to mention depreciation on the stock Limited.  Take the Limited CVO at $39K.  The extras that come on the CVO are part of the bike, not extras.  So while it will depreciate just like the stock Limited does, the extra "stuff" on the CVO keeps more of the original value and isn't figured separately as extras.  Of course, all of this depends on what you can afford AND if you do any mods to the Limited.  If you kept it stock and like it that way and don't really want/need all the bling that comes with the CVO, by all means jump on the Limited.  Really, it comes down to what you like.  Good luck on whatever road you take.

Haird

Hehe well said my friend, well said.  :coolblue:

anzac

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »

thank you once again for all the valuable advice
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.