Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What do you all do for theft potection?  (Read 9636 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: What do you all do for theft potection?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 09:02:48 AM »

Psycho just take "reasonable" precautions and you'll be fine.  That thread that you read over on the "other site".......he said that two or three of those bikes were not locked up.  If you lock yours wherever you go, there will always be somebody who didn't lock theirs.  Don't worry about it....just go enjoy yourself.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 09:35:59 AM »

Psycho just take "reasonable" precautions and you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 09:36:25 AM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2004, 01:40:51 PM »

Hey Psychoduece,

I got my cover from good ol' JC Whitney. $54.00 and it's red and gold to match my 2001 Wideglide2 colors too.

Look here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?makeId=12050410&productId=3696&catalogId=10112&langId=-1&storeId=10101

Like I said, this will fit an EG, so it goes all the way to the ground AND it comes with a pouch that you can actually get it back in!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 01:41:22 PM by Buffy »
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2004, 05:02:57 PM »

And your gonna keep your own personal theft protection system to yourself unless I make those reservations, huh?

Yep! ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 09:17:47 AM »

I us the fork lock, ignition lock, caliper lock w/tag to grip (no fun to try and ride off with it on) [smiley=confused5.gif] must be getting up there, touring cover no emblem, arm the alarm, and if riding in a group us a cable to lock 2 bikes together.  And hope some other bike is easier. [smiley=nervous.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2004, 10:01:15 PM »

Psycho,  something else to think about.  Stay at a hotel that has some type of security (aka.. rent-a-cop). n Generally the higher price hotels may be worth the extra cash for a small piece of mind.
'03 FLHRSEI2

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 04:59:21 PM »

A couple of years ago, there was an attempt to rifle both my 98 Fatboy and 00 Road King from my garage.  Ignitions were locked, as all as the fork locks; however, the devices that saved me were the disc locks. Both bikes had been rolled halfway out of the garage, and the disc locks were up against the forks.  The thieves only got away with the stuff in my RK bags, two helmets, and a pair of gloves.

As glad as I am that my SEEG has an audible alarm, I don't think it would have helped in my situation, because I don't think the thieves intended to drive the bikes away, but rather load them into a truck.  

Benerag [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2004, 08:01:58 PM »

.... from my garage....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2004, 08:08:52 PM »

Unbelievable!!! This suggests that the thieves knew you had bikes in there, took their time, and planned it out, and eventually enacted their plan!! I was wondering though, with the forks locked, the bike can only roll in an arc, right? Do you think they man-handled it back in line in order to roll it? I was going to get some disc locks as well, but was wondering if the fork locks made them unnecessary? I guess not. What am I missing here? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Psycho your fork lock only slows them down for twenty seconds......get a disk lock (you only need one) along with a disk lock reminder.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 08:17:08 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2004, 09:19:30 PM »

Just get good insurance and forgetaboutit....  [smiley=wall.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2004, 10:44:35 PM »

Just get good insurance and forgetaboutit....

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2004, 08:58:36 PM »

You know, when I was 10 years old or so, I had a Chopper minibike. Although it went thru clutches pretty fast, it was really cool and I loved riding that baby along the railroad tracks. Well.........after a month or so....it was stolen right out of our shed out back. I'm sure it was some kid I let ride the thing....decided he wanted it for himself....guess I'm still ticked off about that.....so personally....I'm electrifying my bike...perhaps with a taser or something like that....you touch it...your lights go out!   [smiley=laugh.gif]

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2004, 11:55:21 PM »

You know, when I was 10 years old or so, I had a Chopper minibike. Although it went thru clutches pretty fast, it was really cool and I loved riding that baby along the railroad tracks. Well.........after a month or so....it was stolen right out of our shed out back. I'm sure it was some kid I let ride the thing....decided he wanted it for himself....guess I'm still ticked off about that.....so personally....I'm electrifying my bike...perhaps with a taser or something like that....you touch it...your lights go out!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.