Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Report, update on 120R Motors in Australia....  (Read 14534 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Report, update on 120R Motors in Australia....
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »

Hey Steve... can you build me one?
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

gabbyduffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 02:36:15 PM »

Hey Steve... can you build me one?
          Steve I want one too. Do you have your own shop? would you do a motor for a customer? I like the way you think.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »

Steve I want one too. Do you have your own shop? would you do a motor for a customer? I like the way you think.

:nervous:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:16:38 AM by cvobiker »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »

Yesterday afternoon I cracked a cold one and started reading this thread.
It got me thinking of how popular this 120R motor is going to become. It really does make a lot of sense from a financial standpoint.
I'm due for a new project. Maybe its time to build a new X Pipe just for the 120R? Run it with the SE 58 TB that most people will use, get a TTS fuel map all dialed in
for guys who want to bolt it in and rip. I'm starting to think this is a really good idea. A 120R with Fullsac X Pipe and TTS fuel management, all plug and play!
I like the sound of that!

Next thing you know I'm on the phone ordering a new 120R with an SE 58mm TB. 5K Poof!

Then I crack another and get to thinking again, why stop there? A new 2012 Vivid Black Street Glide with lace wheels would sure
make nice shop bike to drop the 120R in. I like the sound of that too!

Back on the phone I go. Quadra $ Poof! Due in end of Sept. That will give me time to tear into the 120 and clean things up if needed.

Well, that was an expensive Friday afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration Guys! You too Cole. Can't wait!  :orange:

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 10:13:14 AM »

Oh this is gonna be cool. Bookmarked for sure.

Hey George, is there a SERT tune that works well with your Xpipe? As usual, I found out about your products after I bought my ride and had the Rinehart T/D and SERT installed. I reckon I could sell my Rinehart system but the only thing I'm curious about is putting exhaust next to the hydraulic clutch. Maybe the heating problem is just due to the cat installed in the stock system.

Thanks in advance.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

ultraswede

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »

Steve,
A very good idea.
I am a die hard tinkerer,
but street V-tuning a 120r is as realistic as street tuning a Busa, Big risk of a messy passing away. :oops:

I think you will get a lot of business when your done.
Maybe offer both a .mt7 and an .mt8 file?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »

Yesterday afternoon I cracked a cold one and started reading this thread.
It got me thinking of how popular this 120R motor is going to become. It really does make a lot of sense from a financial standpoint.
I'm due for a new project. Maybe its time to build a new X Pipe just for the 120R? Run it with the SE 58 TB that most people will use, get a TTS fuel map all dialed in
for guys who want to bolt it in and rip. I'm starting to think this is a really good idea. A 120R with Fullsac X Pipe and TTS fuel management, all plug and play!
I like the sound of that!

Next thing you know I'm on the phone ordering a new 120R with an SE 58mm TB. 5K Poof!

Then I crack another and get to thinking again, why stop there? A new 2012 Vivid Black Street Glide with lace wheels would sure
make nice shop bike to drop the 120R in. I like the sound of that too!

Back on the phone I go. Quadra $ Poof! Due in end of Sept. That will give me time to tear into the 120 and clean things up if needed.

Well, that was an expensive Friday afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration Guys! You too Cole. Can't wait!  :orange:

Steve George
Fullsac Performance

Steve

That is great.
But the most important question is, what happened first?
Did you run out of beer before you ran out of money?
If yes, we will get a Fullsac Beer Collection Fund for you here at CVOHarley if it keeps those creative juices flowing.
Your products are great and if the creative process requires more beer, we are here for you.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 12:47:17 PM »

Selling my 09 Electra Glide today not only made the 2012 purchase easier, but mandatory. Having less than one Baggger is unacceptable.
Beer inventory is still in the green. The 120R decision was easy too after watching all the interest. MT8 map for sure with that huge cam.
Guys are saying these 120s are well manored even with the big cams. I'm a little skeptical. Going to find out first hand soon enough.

SG

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:51:22 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

strokerjlk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »

Guys are saying these 120s are well manored even with the big cams. I'm a little skeptical. Going to find out first hand soon enough.

they really are well mannered. especially with the se 266 cams. they are a little down on compression for the 266 to shine as it could. but 185-190 ccp makes a nice street machine.
should be interesting to see what you come up with.
put a cam in that builds more ccp, or has more overlap than the 266, and they start getting a little less manored,at parking lot speeds.
kinda like a big dumb motor. even though they are labeled a race motor,when you look at the cam profile,and ccp....i think the moco knew all along these were going to see the street more than the track. step up into the hurricane and then the "race" starts to fit.
your gonna love it. :2vrolijk_21:

If you point your oxygen-acetylene cutting torch
at a temperature sensor and adjust it for the highest temp you have found stoichiometric
Ron Dickey

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »

If you want one done I'm sure I could get it handled for you guys. I do not do this for a living (build motors) or have a shop doing it. The testing on our project bike should wrap up here over the next few weeks and allow me to release a Mastertune base calibration for the 120R engine. We've got over 7000 test miles on an engine now so we are pretty happy with it. Now the bike owner after seeing what I'm doing to mine wants me to do his next as he loves the way it rides and is worried how his might be inside. So far his has been fine.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »

Just got finished with the heads from the 120 and found them to be pretty good, both heads came in at 93.1 cc. The guide and valve clearances was good but did not care for the valve seals they used so we just hand lapped the valves and replaced the seals. I have to cc the piston reliefs properly but a quick measurement on them and all the other measurements bring the motor in at 10.32:1. A little low for the cam but once I get the  real cc from the pistons I will know for sure. I will do what it takes to make it a true 10.5:1 before it gets reassembled.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 07:48:01 AM »

This topic has come up at a nice time since I'm tossing the idea around...
paul
Ride safe

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »

I've curious about updates myself. Wonder how Steve Cole and Steve Fullsac are enjoying their sleds now. If I spend another full year over here I think I wanna do one of these but want the crank done up right like Steve Cole did. Should be a blast but I'm might cheat a bit and put 110 labels on there.  8)
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »

Just got finished with the heads from the 120 and found them to be pretty good, both heads came in at 93.1 cc. The guide and valve clearances was good but did not care for the valve seals they used so we just hand lapped the valves and replaced the seals. I have to cc the piston reliefs properly but a quick measurement on them and all the other measurements bring the motor in at 10.32:1. A little low for the cam but once I get the  real cc from the pistons I will know for sure. I will do what it takes to make it a true 10.5:1 before it gets reassembled.
So Steve
have you had a chance to cc the piston's reliefs and if so what did they come out to?
paul
Ride safe

fatboybern

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 11:23:22 PM »

yeah yeah yeah i think im gonna do it to that 110 still runs strong but is using oil good enough for a spare
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.