Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breakout TBW wiring question  (Read 2365 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Breakout TBW wiring question
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:07:46 AM »

Put 12" Todds Cycle Strip Bars on the Breakout.  Removed wires from stock bars, wrote down the pin connections for the Throttle By Wire 6 pin connector, laid the paper on the seat of the bike, the shop heater kicked on and blew the paper into a used oil container destroying the information. 

The TBW has red, white and black wires running through a yellow conduit and also has red, white and black wires running through a gray conduit.  These all plug into the 6 pin connector.  I purchased the electrical service manual and I can't find this connection in the schematics but it is somewhat confusing.  Can someone tell me where I can find the correct wiring sequence or if you happen to have the tank slid back on your Breakout, it is very easy to see under the front right area of the tank.  Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Bike30

Re: Breakout TBW wiring question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:42:23 AM »

I have access to the 2013 FXSBSE which appears to have a similar TGS wiring color out.

In the Yellow bundle, Black goes to Black/Gray #1 pin, White goes to Gray/White #2 pin, Red goes to Red/Gray #3 pin at the 204A/B plug. The first wire color is the main, the second on a wire is the stripe. The second connection color is for the frame plug.

In the Black bundle, Black goes to Black/White #4 pin, White goes to Green/White #5 pin, Red goes to Red/White #6 pin at the plug. Note that the bundle color is different for 2013, but the wires may be the same.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:47:02 AM by Bike30 »

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:50:36 AM »

Thanks Bike30, you really helped me out.  What page was that on in electrical service manual?   I looked for two hrs and never did find it.

Cowboy

Bike30

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »

The CVO's have their own service manual supplement and wiring diagrams. It's separate from the main service and electrical manuals. I have a digital edition of HD 99494-13. Best to get the supplement, not sure of the P/N for your year. Maybe go to HD's webpage and look under their listing for manuals. Might have to register your ride to gain access.

Good luck with your project.

Gary in Fairbanks

24v

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »

Also, a trick for the future.  I always take a picture or two of the connectors with my phone right before pulling the pins out.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »

The CVO's have their own service manual supplement and wiring diagrams. It's separate from the main service and electrical manuals. I have a digital edition of HD 99494-13. Best to get the supplement, not sure of the P/N for your year. Maybe go to HD's webpage and look under their listing for manuals. Might have to register your ride to gain access.

Good luck with your project.

Gary in Fairbanks

Thanks Bike30

Also, a trick for the future.  I always take a picture or two of the connectors with my phone right before pulling the pins out.

Great idea, why didn't I think of that!

Cowboy

Bike30

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »

I haven't looked, but maybe the harness connectors are numbered on the plastic? Anyway wire color to color should work if there's a SM handy. I also take pics before disassembly.

I bought both manuals for my '14 FLSTNSE after looking at the Dealer's trying to figure out the heated grip installation. Some heated grip wiring was already in place (TGS wiring for the right grip), but I had to run the left grip both through and outside the handle bar, plus connect to the Digital Tech connector by the battery for power with an adapter harness. Fun job.

There's lots of info that's not in the regular '14 SM's. Need all apparently to figure stuff out on a CVO.

PS: One of the TGS' bundles is for ~0-5 VDC, the other for ~5-0 VDC. That way the ECM can set the twist grip position vs throttle body plate opening with a backup in case one fails.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:06:48 PM by Bike30 »

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.