Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone have any experience with Nolan helmets  (Read 1505 times)

mark61

• CVO1: '08 SEEG
Anyone have any experience with Nolan helmets
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »

I am new rider.  I see lots of helemt makers.  Want a full face.  Possibly a 3/4 too.  Does anyone have any experience with Nolan?  It seems like pretty good reviews on the Nolan 103.

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
Re: Anyone have any experience with Nolan helmets
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »

I have a Nolan Modular. I think it's a 102. Good helmet for the money and J&M makes headsets for Nolan helmets. I personally think that their helmets run larger in size than most so be sure to try one on.

bobroadglide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Silver SERG
    • CVO2: 05 Cherry SEEG
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »

I had a Nolan for the last 5 years, as it is time for a new one, I bought an HJC, wish I had bought another Nolan.  My breath steams up the faceplate, did not have this issue with the Nolan.   Buy the Nolan.

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »

I have had a N102 for 3 years with all the blue tooth com stuff and I love it. I had a speaker fail after a year and the liner tore a seam after 2 years and they took care of it both times. Didn't even ask when or where I bought it. I have an older Nolan modular (when you needed both hands to open) and have had HJC modulars and the 102 is a better helmet. The N103 has the tinted visor inside. Thats probably OK and the new blue tooth is stereo and two channel. That would be nice. I use a walkie talkie, MP3, and blue tooth to my blackberry all at the same time. It also has a cable to plug into the com on the Ultra.

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »

I have the new N43 Trilogy. It is six helmets in one. Amazing. Just great.
http://www.nolanhelmets.com/n43trilogyncom.htm
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:30 AM »

The wife and I ride with the Nolan.  We've rode with Nolan for a few years, due to the wireless intercom and bluetooth (she rides her own bike).  Recently we've both upgraded to the N-103 and it's the best helmet I've ever owned.

Much like the seats before I found Corbin.......I had many helmets and many different brands.  Now it's just Nolan. :2vrolijk_21:

She's also got the new N-43 Trilogy for the summer time but continues to wear the N-103 for the winter.

There are a number of couples in the Nor Cal area that ride with the Nolan, for the wireless intercom.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.