Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expected price for 2008 FXDES2  (Read 2997 times)

jdoc7

Expected price for 2008 FXDES2
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »

Hello everyone.  I'm a noob here and am making the change-over from metrics.  I am interested in a 2008 FXDSE2 and would like to purchase one from a dealer.  What can I expect to pay on these?  Since I am new to the Harley world, I have no clue as to discounts on their bikes, especially the CVO's.  Any help would be appreciated.  Look forward to joining you all soon.  Thanks!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Expected price for 2008 FXDES2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »

Hello everyone.  I'm a noob here and am making the change-over from metrics.  I am interested in a 2008 FXDSE2 and would like to purchase one from a dealer.  What can I expect to pay on these?  Since I am new to the Harley world, I have no clue as to discounts on their bikes, especially the CVO's.  Any help would be appreciated.  Look forward to joining you all soon.  Thanks!

Where do you live? Who is your closest HD dealership?

jdoc7

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »

Where do you live? Who is your closest HD dealership?

Peoria IL.
Walters Bros. Harley is closest, also Nee's Harley in Galesburg IL.
Looks like most people pay MSRP or more.  When do next model years typically come out?  Wondering if I should wait.  Or will there even be a CVO Dyna SE in 09'?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »

Peoria IL.
Walters Bros. Harley is closest, also Nee's Harley in Galesburg IL.
Looks like most people pay MSRP or more.  When do next model years typically come out?  Wondering if I should wait.  Or will there even be a CVO Dyna SE in 09'?

I don't know of any dealers discounting CVOs.  Not sure about the Galesburg dealer, but Walters Bros. sells at MSRP.  If you go there, be sure to ask for Brad Wiebler.  I've purchased 2 bikes from him; a 2002 Electra Glide Classic (sold) and my 2004 SEEG.  He's the Sales Manager and a nephew of the owner.  I think you'll like him.  He's an all-around Good Guy and straight shooter.  My only beef with them has been that they do not install any parts that are not purchased through them, so if you decide to do pipes, cams, accessories, etc. and want them to put them on, you will have to pay full retail through them and not be able to take advantage of any internet discount sites or discounts offered through cvoharley.com vendors, etc.  That may or may not be an issue for you, I just thought I'd mention so you were aware ahead of time.

Probably won't here anything solid about the '09s until sometime in mid-August when the new models are introduced.  By then you could have a couple thousand miles on an '08.

jdoc7

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »

I don't know of any dealers discounting CVOs.  Not sure about the Galesburg dealer, but Walters Bros. sells at MSRP.  If you go there, be sure to ask for Brad Wiebler.  I've purchased 2 bikes from him; a 2002 Electra Glide Classic (sold) and my 2004 SEEG.  He's the Sales Manager and a nephew of the owner.  I think you'll like him.  He's an all-around Good Guy and straight shooter.  My only beef with them has been that they do not install any parts that are not purchased through them, so if you decide to do pipes, cams, accessories, etc. and want them to put them on, you will have to pay full retail through them and not be able to take advantage of any internet discount sites or discounts offered through cvoharley.com vendors, etc.  That may or may not be an issue for you, I just thought I'd mention so you were aware ahead of time.

Probably won't here anything solid about the '09s until sometime in mid-August when the new models are introduced.  By then you could have a couple thousand miles on an '08.

Thanks for the info!  Very helpful. 

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.