Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lower exhaust sound  (Read 7587 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Lower exhaust sound
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 07:30:36 PM »

Jerry is right....
Bill

Torchmaster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 08:47:40 PM »

How much sound difference between the stock cvo baffles and the fullsac  1.75" baffles? I have a stock headpipe with the cat removed and I'm trying to decide which size baffles to put in.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 10:02:54 PM »

Loud (or Load as typed above) pipes do NOT save lives. Where this came from is beyond me. The only thing it does is make others, who don't ride as well as those who do, upset and for good reason.
I also do not ride in groups often, but the main reason is that so many have straight pipes and I am not willing to listen to it.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »

You guys would definitely hate my pipes!
Alan

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »

Yes LOUD pipes do save lives, I had it happen that a driver did not see or hear me right next to him. He looked in his mirror but not to his left. NOW I HAVE LOUD PIPES.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

Tut

• Tut
  • Three CVO's Ultras now The Road Glide CVO
    • GA

• CVO1: 07' Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 12' Ultra CVO
    • CVO3: 16' RG Ultra CVO
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 11:23:02 AM »

+1 on the Fullsac baffles. I'm using the 1.75 on my 11.5 ultra and like the sound, nice mellow rumble at cruise and just enough "bark" when you twist the grip.
Picking up my 2016 COV Road Glide next week "I Hope". The Fullsac 1.75 sounds like what I'm looking for "BUT" has anyone used or know of anyone that used CFR slip-on's??
Thanks for any response guys!
Hoping I like the Road Glide CVO!!!  Pickup on 1-21-16... I just love these New Adventures

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 08:06:46 PM »

Picking up my 2016 COV Road Glide next week "I Hope". The Fullsac 1.75 sounds like what I'm looking for "BUT" has anyone used or know of anyone that used CFR slip-on's??
Thanks for any response guys!
Do a search in this sub forum for CFR.  You will find many post.

Huge torque dip down low RPM which is where we ride, also hard to tune.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »

You guys would definitely hate my pipes!

Yer right.....we do!  :huepfenlol2:  But if you ever want to get rid of that motor and are feelin charitable.....well, I'd take it off yer hands.  :P

Seriously, I was young once.  I thought loud was good and louder was even better and loudest was best.....so I ran Thunderheader for years.  There's no doubt in my mind that Thunderheader is probably the only reason I'm getting tone deaf with certain tones.

Fast forward to 64 yrs. old......talk to Steve at Fullsac.  Explain my goal....#1 is to get rid of the heat under my thigh when riding in triple digits (this was never a priority years ago)....#2 was the performance increase (this used to be second priority years ago)....#3 was to have a Harley that sounded just a bit more like a Harley than the totally stock exhaust but still want to hear the stereo at 3/4 volumn when cruising the freeway or being able to talk to my passenger without having to yell.  Steve said "oh you'll want the quiet baffle, the 1.75". 

The Fullsac ceramic coated headpipe and the 1.75 baffles and Steve tuned it.  He achieved my #1 goal....even better than I was expecting after all that I'd read on this forum.  Goal #2 was also a bigger success than what I was expecting (I didn't bump compression, change cams.....never opened up the motor at all) and that was nice increase in performance while keeping the motor completly stock.  Goal #3.......well, it's not as quiet as I would have liked....actually, nothing quiet about it.  But it has a nice tone at cruise and a much more aggressive tone at WOT but not "to loud".

I'll end this by asking does anybody here know of anybody that's not happy with their Fullsac product?  I know that several have bought the 2 or 2 1/4 baffles and sold or traded them on here for the 1.75 or vica versa but I'm talking about do you  know anybody that just plain doesn't like the Fullsac product?  I don't know of anybody.  There's a few companies out there that have a pretty high customer satisfaction rate but I don't know of anybody that has the customer satisfaction rate that Steve & Cammy have over there at Fullsac. :2vrolijk_21:

Let me just add that I had to pay for my baffles, head pipe and tune just like all of you did.....no freebies.  Oh wait.....I got a t-shirt.....but I had to buy Steve breakfast for that. :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:36:58 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 12:00:39 AM »

Yer right.....we do!  :huepfenlol2:  But if you ever want to get rid of that motor and are feelin charitable.....well, I'd take it off yer hands.  :P

Seriously, I was young once.  I thought loud was good and louder was even better and loudest was best.....so I ran Thunderheader for years.  There's no doubt in my mind that Thunderheader is probably the only reason I'm getting tone deaf with certain tones.

Fast forward to 64 yrs. old......talk to Steve at Fullsac.  Explain my goal....#1 is to get rid of the heat under my thigh when riding in triple digits (this was never a priority years ago)....#2 was the performance increase (this used to be second priority years ago)....#3 was to have a Harley that sounded just a bit more like a Harley than the totally stock exhaust but still want to hear the stereo at 3/4 volumn when cruising the freeway or being able to talk to my passenger without having to yell.  Steve said "oh you'll want the quiet baffle, the 1.75". 

The Fullsac ceramic coated headpipe and the 1.75 baffles and Steve tuned it.  He achieved my #1 goal....even better than I was expecting after all that I'd read on this forum.  Goal #2 was also a bigger success than what I was expecting (I didn't bump compression, change cams.....never opened up the motor at all) and that was nice increase in performance while keeping the motor completly stock.  Goal #3.......well, it's not as quiet as I would have liked....actually, nothing quiet about it.  But it has a nice tone at cruise and a much more aggressive tone at WOT but not "to loud".

I'll end this by asking does anybody here know of anybody that's not happy with their Fullsac product?  I know that several have bought the 2 or 2 1/4 baffles and sold or traded them on here for the 1.75 or vica versa but I'm talking about do you  know anybody that just plain doesn't like the Fullsac product?  I don't know of anybody.  There's a few companies out there that have a pretty high customer satisfaction rate but I don't know of anybody that has the customer satisfaction rate that Steve & Cammy have over there at Fullsac. :2vrolijk_21:

Let me just add that I had to pay for my baffles, head pipe and tune just like all of you did.....no freebies.  Oh wait.....I got a t-shirt.....but I had to buy Steve breakfast for that. :P
My t-shirt was free. I bet you feel foolish. :confused5:
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »

Several of us got 70 per cent off same stuff you got. Steve said just don't tell JC.......  Like you I'm thrilled with Fullsac's stuff and keeping stock Cans  a real plus----AK
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:32:22 AM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 08:36:54 AM »

I'm not feeling the love.   ???
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »

I'm not feeling the love.   ???
just pulling your chain . Your info is always spot on.  Newer bike owners can save time and money following your tips. Before joining the site. Can't tell you how many time i purchased the wrong stuff, having to waste hard earn money to get the result I was looking for.
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »

I know.  Andy I was just funning with you and Big Chuck.

By the way, I think your solar panels are clean for this year!  :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »

When I had quiet pipes no one saw me or looked as I approached. I too ran and still have a T-header on my old wide glide. It makes me feel better when I see a cager look in the mirror or crank their head as I approach. I have had many close calls with quiet bikes rippin by or around me and I never heard or saw them. Once on hwy 17 three sport bikes almost took off my right arm as they lane split by me about 60. I do agree that some just use them to be annoying and look at me.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »

I know.  Andy I was just funning with you and Big Chuck.

By the way, I think your solar panels are clean for this year!  :huepfenlol2:
I knew you were kidding. Forum discount, free end of year shipping, great product, excellent tech support and a free shirt. All for half of what I spent on my last bike. What more could I ask for? Thanks to all of you for the knowledge you share.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.