Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Fullsac and the FP3  (Read 8952 times)

Toneaero

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Street Glide
Fullsac and the FP3
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »

Anyone have a full fullsac DX + fullsac power core with a V&H FP3 tuner?

If so, which options did you pick for the fuel map?

I'm guessing on the following options:
-Exhaust Manufacturer = Generic
-Exhaust Name = Typical Slip-ons W/Typical 2-1-2 Duals with cross over
-Baffle Type = Standard Baffle
-Engine Size = Stock 110 Twin Cool

Anyone have settings that are better?

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: Fullsac and the FP3
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »

Sell the FB3 and buy TTS batter for you, FB3 maps may work with V&H products not fullsac
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Toneaero

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:53:12 AM »

Sell the FB3 and buy TTS batter for you, FB3 maps may work with V&H products not fullsac

I like the ability to blutooth my maps from my phone and the "autotune" feature on the FP3.  Or are these features overrated?

Toneaero

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »

Got my answer by calling up the FP3 manufacturer. 

Here's what they told me and for future folks trying to google the answer:

For Fullsac DX head pipe and Fullsac Power Cores, use the following options in the FP3 app:
*Exhaust Manufacturer : Vance & Hines
*Exhaust Name: Twin Slash Round Slip-ons W/Power Duals
*Baffle Type: Standard Baffle
*Engine Size: Stock 110 Twin Cool

This canned map should get you very very close.  Just run autotune after the first tank of gas and 3 hours worth of autotuning afterwards. 

mark

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »

Auto tune? You really believe that?

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 07:10:27 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding, there is not a Turner on the market

that feature a true "auto tune".

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 09:03:10 AM »

the auto tune feature works very well.  i have the pro pipe and fp3.  the first canned tune worked, but then after some auto tune time there was a noticeable difference in power and smoothness with less decel popping.

so to answer your question, if you define change or difference between the canned tune and how it runs after the auto tune then YES it works
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

mkevns

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

• CVO1: Street Glide CVO
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:43 AM »

ccaballero@vanceandhines.com

Just email Carlos and tell him exactly which components you have and he will give you the exact settings for the tuner.

Have a great weekend!

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »

I am also running a FP3 for now until I get a chance to do cams and a professional dyno.  I do not have any misconceptions that the FP3 is a replacement for a full dyno by a competent tuner.  For now my 110 is running smooth with little to no decal popping and getting almost 45 mpg depending on road.  Also does not run as hot as my prior 103 Limited.  I have a Fuelmoto x-pipe and Fullsac 2 inch cores.  I started with the V&H power dual and monster round map and then autotuned the areas I usually ride in.  I was not able to autotune the full throttle ranges so will eventually get the pro's to do that. The auto tune is not automatic by any means but does get the AFR a bit closer in the ranges sampled.  I know the future dyno tuner will probably want me to add a different tuning system unless FP3 makes their system significantly easier for pros to deal with.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

CVO Limited

• TN

• CVO1: 2014 Limited
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »

YES! I'm enjoying every mile of it!

Here is my set up.
FullSac - 2.25 Power Cores (I've started out with the 2.0 but it was to quiet for me)
FullSac - Perforated Muffler Sleeves
Fuel Moto - Jackpot 2/1/2 Steel Plasma Ceramic (SPC) Coated Head Pipe
V&H - FP3

I'm not going to tell you "this brand or that brand is the best and all other suck". You should do just what you are doing. Research! If you have ever noticed there are some hard-core (iPhone or Android) (Ford or Chevy) fans and they hate the other brand. Well, please beware that the same things happens with HD tuners.

My map is: V&N Tapered Slash cut SO w/Power duals, standard Baffles, stock 110 engine. I've run this for over a year and 8000 miles with 45 to 53 MPG. I have no complaints and it runs great.

If I had it dynoed with one of the other tuners would it have more HP or Torque? Maybe so but I didn't want to spend the extra money, down time, and ran to red line for more power that seat-of-the-pants would not be able to tell the difference.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 12:42:04 AM »

I, as stated before, have over the years had a Power Commander with professional tune on a Road King Classic, a Race tuner with Professional Tune on a SEEG, a TTS with the free Fulsac download first then a professional tune using the TTS on the same SERG and now a FP3 with a set of 1.75" Fulsac baffles on my RGCVO.
Those of you who are bad mouthing the FP3 do not have one. I bought it for $289 from Eastern during a sale. My bike runs great, gets 45 mpg, has no decel pop, has a 6000 rpm redline, runs cool, runs cool, did I say it runs very cool? is VERY smooth thru-out the RPM range, has the throttle to throttle body ratio increased by approx 25% and cost $289 Complete, flashed, done done done. No need for anything else.
Please do not tell me it would be better with a professional tune, it would not be better, FOR ME, because I am fully satisfied and I do not have to have anyone beat the hell out of my bike for hours making a sometimes somewhat educated guess' until they get to a point that makes the bike happy. 
Those days are over for me, maybe not for you. But you should not bad-mouth the auto-tune feature of a FP3 unless you have completed it and ridden the bike. You may have a few more ponies than me but I no longer care. Mine does everything I want it to do.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:43:53 AM by CVODON »

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 07:48:03 AM »

I had the FP3 prior to getting the 117 kit installed and a proper dyno tune done.

Nothing wrong with it it worked fine without issues.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »

I am still open for anyone in the area to drop on by and lets how well it really works. We can compare it to the hundreds of others that I have tuned and lets see how it really stacks up.. And yes I have used it and found it to be a rather basic tuner that is no where near what it should produce.. and this is not just about peak numbers ..

Will it run better than before , it should but the tuner is a basic item and that's that .. If you are ok with spending money to have a bike that runs better than it did but no where near what it can then buy it .. Myself will not take customers money to try and improve the tune with the item.. Waste of my time and customer is not getting much benefit..   

If a few think that is bad mouthing it well then ignore the facts .. as the dyno is a tool nothing more , it will show you what it makes or does not make.. Last one we tested on a stage 1 tune made 6 off on hp from my lowest file I could pull up and was down over 10 on tq ..  Funny to spend the money for the " NB auto tuner "  then hours of testing a few e mails back and forth some more testing to still end up short..

That guy had a SE tuner and wanted this one so he could do it himself.. well we re loaded a base SE cal and it was better than his best tune from the VH..  :2vrolijk_21: 

It is hard to say that it works well when you have nothing to compare it to.. Meaning that same bike back to back with a proper tuner and correct tune. 

I have customers swap mufflers to get it louder and they will swear it makes more power but in fact the bike is making less now ..   Some times you need a machine to just show you back to back runs and nothing more..  As if you are trying to improve performance why not do it correctly.. we can and do  use the PV for a flash ( 200 flash  + tune 450 )  sure we can bring the money into it but really .. you bought a CVO bike and lets be honest they are a toy nothing more , no one needs these for true transportation ..  in the big picture its a drop in the bucket..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »

If I want performance I ride my Jap or German bikes.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »

well ok  , go post on that forum then, as facts are facts , and this has nothing to do with import bikes at all.. thats just silly .

Have a open mind and will look at vaild points that are facts it easy to see what can and cannot be done. its that simple you have one or dont , I dont care I look at what I can use the tool to do nothing more..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.