Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: D&D FATCAT 2 into 1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS:  (Read 8928 times)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Re: D&D FATCAT 2 into 1 EXHAUST SYSTEMS:
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »

I bought the pipes for my CUSE in July of '06.  I just checked and I've got the mid-mount down in the passenger peg area.  I never knew any different.  I assume that the Ghost pipe without this middle mount must have gone back prior to last July.
Mine was bought in October 06 go figure?

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »

Twojay

Thans for the reply, will be looking forward to hear from you.  Where did you order the pipes from?  What did they charge you?

Andy

Check out the "GROUP BUYS" area.  Talk to Steve Pool at AMS - 800-210-8675.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »

Twojay

Thans for the reply, will be looking forward to hear from you.  Where did you order the pipes from?  What did they charge you?

Andy

Andy, Sorry for not responding earlier but I must have missed your post. I bought mine from my local dealer because of relationship that I have with them. They only charged me $625 for the pipes which is a really good deal. At the time the cheapest I had found were at cyclespot - just checked their site and they are advertising pipes for $635 which is about $20 higher than they were a month ago. No problems with install and they look great. If you go to cyclespot.com do a search for part no 502-32B and that should be the 07 pipes. Good luck, JJ.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

As far as finish they are about the best finished pipe on the market.  If you go with the quiet baffle vs. the performance baffle you can hear the stereo just fine.   If you go with the performance baffle the bike does get a lot louder.   I have had them on the 04 SEEG for a long time now and had them on my 05 SEEG as well.   At one time I had put sound bites out there for people.   The installation is easy and the fit is super.   I doubt you will have any issues installing the pipes.  A also have the ghost pipes.  If you do some checking I am sure you can find the old threads on the subject

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DanR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE BLUE
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 10:03:12 PM »

I WAS AT DEALER SAT AND SEEN A GHOST PIPE ON A NEW ROAD KING AND SEEN IT HAD A SECOND BRACKET AND PIPE DIDN'T MOVE LIKE MINE SO I ASKED ABOUT IT .HE SAID BRING MINE BACK AND HE WOULD GET ME ONE WITH SECOND BRACKET THAT BOLTS ON SWING ARM MOUNTING BOLTS RIGHT NEXT TO BACK OF PRIMARY AND MAKES IT MORE SOLID.SO IF YOU GET ONE THAT ONLY MOUNTS UNDER SADDLE BAG AND ON STARTER ,AND DON'T LIKE THE WIGGLE CHECK WITH D+D OR DEALER.RIDE SAFE JDO

I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. My ghost pipe doesn't have the support bracket either. I called D&D today and talked to Mark. He is sending me a new ghost pipe with the support. I thought He may want a credit card number till they received the old pipe back, but to my surprise He didn't ask for one.. BTW, I am the guy that talked to you a while back at Thiels .

Skycuse2 .... Thanks for the phone number.

Hogit
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:10:16 PM by HOGIT »

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »

I installed a set on my 2007 110" FLHR with "Quiet baffles" today. The the earlier comment about sounding like a small block chevy is about right. Not a criticism, sounds like a sprint car. The quiet baffle is not....quiet that is. Sounds just right. Pretty loud when romping on it in town. Quiet at cruise. Fit and finish perfect. Installation couldn't be easier.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 10:47:49 PM »

Glad to hear the report on the "quiet" muffler.  I just bought a set of the D&D's with the quiet muffler and I'm going to take the existing "not so quiet" muffler off my '06 CUSE and mount it on a SERK that's to be built next week.  The quiet muffler is going on the '06 CUSE.  I'd like it just a little quieter when cruising and trying to enjoy tunes, but think I'll be OK with a little more sound from the SERK.  I've heard that the 110's tend to be a little louder than the 103's.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »

Andy,

I have the 2 into 1 D&D Fatcats with Quiet baffle and Ghost pipe installed on my R/B 07 FLHTCUSE2. I installed them my self and installation could of been easier with another set of hands, but fit and finish are top notch. I'll include a picture.

Hogit

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:22 AM »

Good morning Muffman,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction",
with a pic of your bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.