Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: throttle position at 75 mph 2800 on 110?  (Read 1508 times)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
throttle position at 75 mph 2800 on 110?
« on: May 25, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »

I was playing with my tmax and noticed that the throttle position at idle is 11% (via the tmax guage)  -- i thought it should be zero.

I'm wondering that if my assumptions for TP are off across the board -- ie cruising at 75 in 6th at 2800 rpm should be tp = 40 to 50?

any guesses or measurements from the rest of you?

I'm using map 377 and my mpg still sux!!!  (30mpg)

Mark
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:31:07 PM by nixobilly »

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
Re: throttle position at 75 mph 2800 on 110?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »

Thanks for the correct placement dood!

Mark

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »

While I do not have the expierience with the TMAX I do know that at idle the ECM should think that your throttle position is at zero. The whole map is based on the starting point and if your at 11% i'd say your way off.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Now you have to wonder which starting point is off though.  The factory positions are often less than perfect.  So is it an error?  Or an error on top of an error?  Or the compensation for an error?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

I was playing with my tmax and noticed that the throttle position at idle is 11% (via the tmax guage)  -- i thought it should be zero.

I'm wondering that if my assumptions for TP are off across the board -- ie cruising at 75 in 6th at 2800 rpm should be tp = 40 to 50?any guesses or measurements from the rest of you?

I'm using map 377 and my mpg still sux!!!  (30mpg)

Mark
Mark,

Steady cruise at 75 mph, no significant grade or wind, would normally be closer to the 20-30% throttle setting, and most definitely less than 40-50%.  You can verify this by making a simple "gauge" with a narrow strip of masking tape applied to the throttle grip next to the switch housing.  Mark the housing in a convenient location for viewing from the seat, then mark the tape on the grip at idle and at wide-open-throttle relative to the housing mark.  Measure the distance between the two marks, calculate 10% of the total, and then mark the tape in 10% increments.  With your "gauge" in place, hit the road and check throttle position at whatever road speed you desire.

As for your reading of 11% throttle at idle, that is definitely not kosher.  I took a quick look through the software and installation guides that I still have from a previous "trial" ownership of a T-Max, and I don't see a means for "zeroing" the throttle plate % like there is on a Power Commander.  You'll probably need to call Zipper's for an answer.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »

Mark,

Steady cruise at 75 mph, no significant grade or wind, would normally be closer to the 20-30% throttle setting, and most definitely less than 40-50%.  You can verify this by making a simple "gauge" with a narrow strip of masking tape applied to the throttle grip next to the switch housing.  Mark the housing in a convenient location for viewing from the seat, then mark the tape on the grip at idle and at wide-open-throttle relative to the housing mark.  Measure the distance between the two marks, calculate 10% of the total, and then mark the tape in 10% increments.  With your "gauge" in place, hit the road and check throttle position at whatever road speed you desire.

As for your reading of 11% throttle at idle, that is definitely not kosher.  I took a quick look through the software and installation guides that I still have from a previous "trial" ownership of a T-Max, and I don't see a means for "zeroing" the throttle plate % like there is on a Power Commander.  You'll probably need to call Zipper's for an answer.

Jerry

Jerry's back!!! :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :2vrolijk_21: Hey Jerry, you sure were missed here. Typical Jerry, jump right in and help people after an extended absense, without missing a beat. I hope all is OK with you and we'll get to see you back for good! Good to have you back, Jerry!!! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

GRC,

Thanks for this info -- I'll install this new gauge on my scoot this AM and take her out for a spin.  I'll also re-verify my eyes and make sure the guage is reading zero instead of 11 that I saw last time.

Mark

PS -- glad to see you back on the forum!   You gonna be able to join us at the Nelson GTG?

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.