Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 FDXSE - Power Commander Installation Problem  (Read 920 times)

cdog

2007 FDXSE - Power Commander Installation Problem
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »

Hey guys.  I can't get the electrical box to slide out of the frame.  It's hooked at the bottom by two felt covered electrical cables that look pretty beefy.  They won't let it go.   Anyone done this?

Also, where dynojet says to mount the PCIII - right below the ECM....there is already something there.  A black plastic relay looking thing.  Anyone have ideas on this?

If I can't do it, is it safe to drive it to a shop?  My only mod is a Rinehart Exhaust system.

Thanks.
2007 CVO Dyna FXDSE, Rinehart Exhaust, PCIII.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2007 FDXSE - Power Commander Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »

Hey guys.  I can't get the electrical box to slide out of the frame.  It's hooked at the bottom by two felt covered electrical cables that look pretty beefy.  They won't let it go.   Anyone done this?

Also, where dynojet says to mount the PCIII - right below the ECM....there is already something there.  A black plastic relay looking thing.  Anyone have ideas on this?

If I can't do it, is it safe to drive it to a shop?  My only mod is a Rinehart Exhaust system.

Thanks.
cdog,

The latest installation instructions I could find were for 2004/2005 models; there may have been changes on the '06/'07 models.  You may want to call the PC folks to make sure you have the correct instructions (1-800-992-4993).

With only an exhaust system change, you should be fine riding to a dealer if that becomes necessary.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cdog

Re: 2007 FDXSE - Power Commander Installation Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:03:09 PM »

:bananarock:
I checked here and elsewhere and found out it could go under the seat.  That worked well, but VERY cramped.  Now, I could do it again in like 30 minutes....

Bike seems to run well and exhaust change was great.
2007 CVO Dyna FXDSE, Rinehart Exhaust, PCIII.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.