Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: TTS Mastertune  (Read 8745 times)

UltraKla$$ic

Re: TTS Mastertune
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

This is awesome gettin some good feedback..........Ok now what do you guys think about the race tuner?

You'll need 02 sensors.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:30:59 PM by UltraKla$$ic »

2007 UltraClassic\103"BB\manual CR's\.030 Cometic Head Gasket\SE 255's
Doherty PowerPACC w/vents\D&D FatCat 2:1\TTS Mastertune\Bagger Brace
M1 15W-50 in crank\Redline MTL in Primary\Redline Shockproof in Tranny

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

I have a 09 se roadglide ,I went with tts race tuner and basani pipes with a vance and hines thunder header and got 95 horse and 112 torque and have no problems
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

rkpultrase

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

fullsac.com

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »

I checked out the site, do you think they offer a better set up than what I already did ?I always appreciate input
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:24:23 AM »

I checked out the site, do you think they offer a better set up than what I already did ?I always appreciate input
I'm not going to say Better, but i will say cheaper
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

warwick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »

The TTS Mastertune IS the latest and greatest IMO for FI bikes.  It offers the individual the power of tuning via the V-Tune mode for his particular build/components capable of tuning the bike to 90-95% efficacy in the range you as the rider actually ride the bike versus paying a dynotuner big money to get the last 5% out of the motor at WOT where none of us ride anyway.  

Just finished TTS training here at Latus and we are now a dealer for that product. It is the pre-Pro Tuner version of SERT and is by the same people who made SERT. But it has several new features that SERT/SEST does not. How "user friendly" the software is depends on your experiance with SERT. New users to SERT have traditionaly found the learning curve fairly steep.

The TTS does NOT eleminate the need for dyno tuning. In fact a dyno is required for non-closed loop cells, WOT and "learned" cell tuning. An owner can, however with diligence, record "learned" cell VE values and generate new VE tables based on these, in the closed loop active areas. They will not be as accurate as those done on a dyno as they are transitional vs steady state. But this wil not address WOT fuel, timing and open loop functions. Timing could be tuned via data record by looking at knock control but this will not give a complete picture, especially on high compression motors.

Head or compression changes are massive to air flow and the closed loop system may not have the ability to account for these. Other tables may also require adjustments, that are done manually, with these changes.

End of quote

So how user friendly is TTS? 

Warwick

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

keep in mind, when he said "just finished training" he didn't say it was for the Dyno/TTS marriage. mastertune offers different training programs. one for dummies, and others for more advanced.
A Dyno will fine tune but to what degree beyond V-Tune, according to Steve Cole, the designer of TTS, you can get as close as 98% of a dyno with a good V-tune.
as far as ease, as long as you have good computer skills, way beyond email, you can do it. just read all the manuals and help files.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »

keep in mind, when he said "just finished training" he didn't say it was for the Dyno/TTS marriage. mastertune offers different training programs. one for dummies, and others for more advanced.
A Dyno will fine tune but to what degree beyond V-Tune, according to Steve Cole, the designer of TTS, you can get as close as 98% of a dyno with a good V-tune.
as far as ease, as long as you have good computer skills, way beyond email, you can do it. just read all the manuals and help files.

Being a "dummy", it WAS a steep learning curve to get comfortable with the V-Tune program, but, once you use it, it works pretty well.
IMO
HOGMIKE

Herko

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »

Just finished TTS training here at Latus and we are now a dealer for that product. It is the pre-Pro Tuner version of SERT and is by the same people who made SERT. But it has several new features that SERT/SEST does not. How "user friendly" the software is depends on your experiance with SERT. New users to SERT have traditionaly found the learning curve fairly steep.

The TTS does NOT eleminate the need for dyno tuning. In fact a dyno is required for non-closed loop cells, WOT and "learned" cell tuning. An owner can, however with diligence, record "learned" cell VE values and generate new VE tables based on these, in the closed loop active areas. They will not be as accurate as those done on a dyno as they are transitional vs steady state. But this wil not address WOT fuel, timing and open loop functions. Timing could be tuned via data record by looking at knock control but this will not give a complete picture, especially on high compression motors.

Head or compression changes are massive to air flow and the closed loop system may not have the ability to account for these. Other tables may also require adjustments, that are done manually, with these changes.

End of quote

So how user friendly is TTS?  

Warwick

Being a Dyno Tuner myself and using the TTS MT almost exclusively, I agree with a lot of the philosophy that Mike Stegmann writes.
But I also have assisted with and have witnessed some pretty good tunes via the street using the TTS MT and the V-Tune feature. I also know getting 98% as close a "good" Dyno Tune is a pretty lofty goal. If truly obtained, this percentage would take patience, tenacity, as well as a thorough understanding of Delphi system and the ability to read and comprehend the graphs and data logs produced by the TTS MT.

As far as percentages, a local HD dealer that sends me Dyno Tuning work puts it this way...
[Paraphrasing]    Most guys are happy with 70% and we can do this in house. When they want 100% we send them to you.
I humbly receive this as a compliment but also understand where he is coming from and admire his honesty.

The 70 percenters may not ever know what they are missing until they ride a bike of a given (same) build tuned to 100% of its potential.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:54:09 PM by Herko »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

Don't get me wrong, if I had someone close that dyno'd with MT, I would take the Ghost there without a doubt. It's just that there aren't that many out there. And I don't have the spare 20 k to get one. So for now the Vtune is great

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »

Being a Dyno Tuner myself and using the TTS MT almost exclusively, I agree with a lot of the philosophy that Mike Stegmann writes.
But I also have assisted with and have witnessed some pretty good tunes via the street using the TTS MT and the V-Tune feature. I also know getting 98% as close a "good" Dyno Tune is a pretty lofty goal. If truly obtained, this percentage would take patience, tenacity, as well as a thorough understanding of Delphi system and the ability to read and comprehend the graphs and data logs produced by the TTS MT.

As far as percentages, a local HD dealer that sends me Dyno Tuning work puts it this way...
[Paraphrasing]    Most guys are happy with 70% and we can do this in house. When they want 100% we send them to you.
I humbly receive this as a compliment but also understand where he is coming from and admire his honesty.

The 70 percenters may not ever know what they are missing until they ride a bike of a given (same) build tuned to 100% of its potential.

Thanks! Excellent write up! Couldn't agree more, especially the last sentence!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ram

• "If it was easy, someone else would be doing it"
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 06:32:04 PM »

Have purchased my TTS MT from Herko. Great to deal with, most highly recommend.

I've also added o2's to my '06 FLHRI as well as tuning it myself as an '07 with o2's for closed loop operation.

IMHO, I feel that the TTS tune is at least 70% better then a stock tune.  So if I've got another 30% to go, then a stock tune right off the dealerships floor must be in the negative numbers? And many ride with them for a long time. Heat, popping, back fires, heat management issues, and other issues to numerous to list.   

I would not be discouraged by how close to a dyno tune that you can or not get.  

You can get very close and I'm sure all the percentals are purely subjective, but if you had a tuner with a dyno you would get the the very best tune.  

IMHO I bought this TTS MT for my bike to do many mod's myself. So I would not have to get a good street-able tune from a dyno and  have to pay for the tune over and over.  I feel that TTS MT has done it very well with my first tuning, and I'm not a tuner.

I don't have the excess heat, back firing, or missing.  My mileage has increased to higher then 27 mpg, to what I'm not exactly sure this moment. But estimate its over 37 mpg. And the seat of the pants tq has increased a quite a bit over what it was stock.  Its really running great IMO.  

And if you do choose to do all yourself you have quite a reference library right here as well as a number of other forums.  (but a lot of these members as myself frequent more than this one so you may see them around with the same name at the other sites)

More food for thought.

Best of luck with your choice.

Gary

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:39:48 PM by Ram »
'06 FLHRI "Ultra" Road King

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »

The number of 98% tune was/is a lofty goal but the truth is people are out there doing it. Proving it by going to the dyno afterwards and letting the dyno tuner trying to get more. While I said the number would be around 85% of a good dyno tune to start with people have been proving me wrong a lot more than I expected. The truth of it is that some dyno tuners are losing some business while customers are having fun doing it themselves. While other dyno operators are embracing it and learning more. The goal is/was to get the tune in each bike the best it can be and i believe we have moved the bar a very big step forward with our products. Whatever you chose to do as long as you enjoy it that's what counts.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.