Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D&D Exhaust on a '10 Convertible  (Read 1219 times)

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
D&D Exhaust on a '10 Convertible
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:16:19 AM »

Has anybody put D&D Boarzilla's on a FLSTSE? I'm looking at the Exhaust Ports which are Tapered and the head pipes which are not. And for the life of me I can't figure out how they are gonna seal. The headpipes are 1 7/8" OD and the exhaust ports are 1 7/8" I'D and tapered. I know all aftermarket pipes are not tapered. I don't even think I can get the flange to bolt up cause that pipe ain't gonna go in that Tapered exhaust port. What am I missing?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:19:14 AM by 1Man »
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

Re: D&D Exhaust on a '10 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:56:28 AM »

Ok, flange studs are 15/16" long. From the face of the headpipe to the outside of the flange is 15/16", without the crushwasher. Also bung depth, short side of angle closest to head - 5/8", long side of angle away from head - 1 1/4", O2 sensor from crush washer to tip - 1". So the back side of the sensor is 1/4" from clearing the wall of pipe. Stock head pipe bung depth, short side - 7/16", long side - 1". So even on the stock headpipe the O2 sensor doesn't clear. But overall it still sticks down into exhaust flow a little more. Gonna call D&D this afternoon when I get up. Will check this Post first, but I'm not impressed. In fact I'm a little Pissed.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

K, Not D&Ds fault! Mine. All good now. Just my dumb ass. Will elaborate later.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

1ManMardiGras' excellent Adventure
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »

So I call Johnny Kindle up. ( He's the guy I call when I run into something that's over my head. ) Johnny takes a screwdriver and pops the stock Donut Gasket out of the head n says," Now it'll work." Wow! It was the same color as the exhaust port, and I thought it was part if the head!  :confused5: Now I'm truly embarrassed but still honest. Here's where y'all can all laugh.  :nervous:   :D Me too, lifes too short! Ok so I've got em on, and let me tell you, I'm impressed with the sound! As posted above, after reading the Bosch article S Cole posted, I think that they can do a little better job getting the 02 sensors down into the exhaust flow. But the Stock headpipes aren't much better. My plans are to Tune as is, when my TTS gets here. ( Backordered ) At some point I'm going to pull em off and go to a machinery friend of mine and mill approx 1/8" off the Bung hole and re-tap. By the way, I do have access to a four-gas monitor. We have personal passive monitors, and ones with a pump on em to check lines and vessels with in the Refining Business.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 1ManMardiGras' excellent Adventure
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »

So I call Johnny Kindle up. ( He's the guy I call when I run into something that's over my head. ) Johnny takes a screwdriver and pops the stock Donut Gasket out of the head n says," Now it'll work." Wow! It was the same color as the exhaust port, and I thought it was part if the head!  :confused5: Now I'm truly embarrassed but still honest. Here's where y'all can all laugh.  :nervous:   :D Me too, lifes too short! Ok so I've got em on, and let me tell you, I'm impressed with the sound! As posted above, after reading the Bosch article S Cole posted, I think that they can do a little better job getting the 02 sensors down into the exhaust flow. But the Stock headpipes aren't much better. My plans are to Tune as is, when my TTS gets here. ( Backordered ) At some point I'm going to pull em off and go to a machinery friend of mine and mill approx 1/8" off the Bung hole and re-tap. By the way, I do have access to a four-gas monitor. We have personal passive monitors, and ones with a pump on em to check lines and vessels with in the Refining Business.
Don't feel bad... you're not the first this has ever happened too. Glad you got it all figured out. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 01:06:05 PM »

You might want to contact D&D about the O2 bungs. They know about it and have already machined a few for customers that I know about.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.