Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the difference  (Read 996 times)

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
What's the difference
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:17:13 AM »

Maybe someone here can tell me...  I am looking to put a tuner on my 2011 SESG2....going to use a Harley product (for warranty purposes)....but I see they have several.... Race Tuner, Super Tuner, Street tuner....what is the difference...do I really need a high priced Race Tuner??  I am just changing to VH Power Duals and Hi-Flow slip on's.
2018 CVO StreetGlide

Dennis the Menace

• HD Tech
Re: What's the difference
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »

Stay away from the street tuner.....its pretty mcuh for the dealer to download a canned map.  You cant do anything with it yourself.

SEPST (Pro tuner) has SmartTune and you can do your own tune

TTS has VTune and you can do your own tune, and has more variables you can adjust over a SEPST

SEPST and TTS are both great products that many professional dyno tuners can tune your bike with.  Obviously, with only pipe change you dont need much, so either SEPST or TTS is a good choice.

I would ask your tuner what he/she prefers to use.  And, go with that.  Since TTS is the old HD Race Tuner product brought into the modern age, any veteran pro tuner can tune the bike with it.  So, that may sway your decision.  Neither one will void your warranty, dont let anyone BS you any different.

Dennis

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.