Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: cvo convertible exhaust  (Read 7320 times)

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: cvo convertible exhaust
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »

V&H makes true duels  i think  part#16735   16923 - Fishtail Optional Tips   16921 - Slash-cut Optional Tips   21869 - Quiet Baffle
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:10:13 PM by Lever »
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 02:57:41 PM »

I'll try to do a U-Tube for you tomorrow. But yes. This is the most awesome sounding set of pipes I've ever heard. I encourage you to research D&D exhaust, Ft. Worth Texas. The company is" Heavy" into performance. You wont be disappointed. They sound like a porsche race car. And on deceleration or just while switching gears, like a monster growling with his tongue out, head shaking side to side. I went with the wrapped, "Quiet" baffles. And believe me, they are plenty loud without being too obnoxious. But by no means could you describe them as" Civilized.
      The Boarzilla is" built for" softails. Any other 2 into 1 performance pipe will drag. Hence the"  Upswept" muffler.
Your Convertible looks awesome with those pipes.  I can't locate a part No. on D&D's web site for those set of pipes. Can you provide what part no. those are?  Did you order them through your H-D dealer or on-line? They are gorgeous, I must buy a set for my bike.

nazzz46

• Junior CVO Member
  • harley beast 1 and 2 at rest

• CVO1: 2009 cvo fotbob red and black (beast #1)
    • CVO2: 2008 cvo road king (harley beast #2 )
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »

Your Convertible looks awesome with those pipes.  I can't locate a part No. on D&D's web site for those set of pipes. Can you provide what part no. those are?  Did you order them through your H-D dealer or on-line? They are gorgeous, I must buy a set for my bike.
.... i have the d and d 2 into one pipe set up with the  torque baffle on my 2009 cvo fatbob it sound great ...sert ,high flow air filter ,and pipes + dyno tune no other mods 97 hp 114 torque very happy with the d and d exhaust set up
i would never belong to a club that would have me as a member ................

nazzz46

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »

Looking for some info. for my 2010 cvo convertible.
Can or has anyone put true duals on this bike?
of so, what brand?

Thanks
i used the d and d true dulls header pipes and kept my rush slip on, on my 2008 serk (roadking) they look good sound good and still mounted in the same place as the stock exhaust, i ordered them from the dealer about 600.00 for the header pipes and all hardware was included 

nazzz46

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »

Looking for the lenght like the original pipe look. V&H are shorter
go to d and d exhaust and type in your bike year and model or your local dealer can hook u up with a set

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »

The mounting brackets for hardbags won't work with slip-ons(bracket hits top of muffler). I need true duals for the mounting brackets to work properly. V&H true duals will work. Anyone have video with duals on their cvo convertible?
Also looking at Freedom Exhaust#HD00200. Anyone have any advice on the Freedom exhaust? The people at Freedom says the exhaust will work, but the muffler has a 4" diameter(nice looking muffler). Don't know if this muffler would hit the mounting bracket.

Any imput would be great

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

Well, i decided to go with V&H True Duals for my 2010 cvo convertible. This company is the only one that could guarantee that their pipes would work on my bike. They will work with OEM hardbags which is a plus.
So for anyone else looking for true duals for their cvo convertible this really is the only option without paying a restocking fee. All exhaust mfg. i contacted only could tell me their pipes should work, but wasn't 100% positive. They all said there's a 20% restocking fee if they don't fit.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

2smoke, Just Google D&D exhaust and call them on the phone and talk with them. Tell them the bike you have and mention to them that you know someone who has the Boarzilla on the '10 Conv. They are very knowlegeable and will talk with you. You also need to discuss with them upfront the well depth for the O2 sensors. This is very important! As they have had to modify some peeps pipes that were marginally shallow. The deeper the O2 sensor rides in the exhaust stream, the more accurate the data will be when you go to tuning the ECM. I recomend TTS Mastertune. What I'm saying is they've had to do some machine work already on the O2 sensor wells for some peeps that have sent them back and they know about it. You want to insure them you know about it and want yours right the first time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:18:12 PM by 1Man »
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

nazzz46

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

Well, i decided to go with V&H True Duals for my 2010 cvo convertible. This company is the only one that could guarantee that their pipes would work on my bike. They will work with OEM hardbags which is a plus.
So for anyone else looking for true duals for their cvo convertible this really is the only option without paying a restocking fee. All exhaust mfg. i contacted only could tell me their pipes should work, but wasn't 100% positive. They all said there's a 20% restocking fee if they don't fit.

Good luck with the new pipes

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »

2smoke, Just Google D&D exhaust and call them on the phone and talk with them. Tell them the bike you have and mention to them that you know someone who has the Boarzilla on the '10 Conv. They are very knowlegeable and will talk with you. You also need to discuss with them upfront the well depth for the O2 sensors. This is very important! As they have had to modify some peeps pipes that were marginally shallow. The deeper the O2 sensor rides in the exhaust stream, the more accurate the data will be when you go to tuning the ECM. I recomend TTS Mastertune. What I'm saying is they've had to do some machine work already on the O2 sensor wells for some peeps that have sent them back and they know about it. You want to insure them you know about it and want yours right the first time.
Thanks for the great advice.  When I call them I will ask about the oxygen sensor well depth.  How do you feel about illiminating the O2 sensors altogether?  My dealer recommended the V & H Pro-pipe with the SE race tuner.  The Boarzilla looks better on the Convertible than the ProPipe.

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »

I just put some V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius pipes on my 2010 Conv.
D&D will not fit because of the bags brakets and they reduce your clearance
We called D&D from teh dealer and they said no.
So we called V&H and they recommened the 2 into 2
PN# 26029

These pipes are very loud but i love the sound......kinf of sounds like a dragster getting to launch LOL
I also put on the SE Chrome intake and filter and am getting almost 102HP and 123.15lbs TQ now and teh fule mixture is almost consistent from idle to redline
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

chywy

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »

I just put some V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius pipes on my 2010 Conv.
These pipes are very loud but i love the sound......kinf of sounds like a dragster getting to launch LOL
I also put on the SE Chrome intake and filter and am getting almost 102HP and 123.15lbs TQ now and teh fule mixture is almost consistent from idle to redline

OMG - I just got my bike back from the shop after having the V&H Big Radius 2 into pipes put on - along with a heavy breather and SE Pro Tune.  I nearly blew the windows out of my garage when I started the bike with the garage door closed.  I did not know these pipes would be THAT loud.  They look super cool on the 2010 Conv - but going from the stock pipes to these was like jumping the grand canyon in pipes. 

I'm impressed with your tuning results - can't say I got the same from the HD Shop - but I expected them to be on the conservative side of tuning.  Your numbers are pretty rad.
I've got the same flat line for A/F at 13.00 and just 113 TQ.
What tuner did you use?

Take care,
CHYWY

PierceEye

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »

OMG - I just got my bike back from the shop after having the V&H Big Radius 2 into pipes put on - along with a heavy breather and SE Pro Tune.  I nearly blew the windows out of my garage when I started the bike with the garage door closed.  I did not know these pipes would be THAT loud.  They look super cool on the 2010 Conv - but going from the stock pipes to these was like jumping the grand canyon in pipes. 

I'm impressed with your tuning results - can't say I got the same from the HD Shop - but I expected them to be on the conservative side of tuning.  Your numbers are pretty rad.
I've got the same flat line for A/F at 13.00 and just 113 TQ.
What tuner did you use?

I used the SEPST
Here are some pics: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=56832.msg814068#msg814068

Take care,
CHYWY

chywy

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 10:54:24 PM »

It's a good looking bike - hard not to sit and stare at it huh  :)

I've got the same thing going just in inferno orange - I chose the orange hoping not to go unnoticed on the road - when driver's aren't paying attention.

And I guess if I had paid attention - you indicated the tuner along with your numbers.  I noticed the shop didn't give me my dongle from the SEPST when they returned the kit to me.  Probably figured I wouldn't use it, ha ha.

It's supposed to warm up to 54 degrees tomorrow - so I guess I'll ride it to work and take it down the interstate during the lunch hour and check the tune more fully.  It's going to be a long wait until spring to get some real riding in.

Ride safe,
CHYWY

PierceEye

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »

It's a good looking bike - hard not to sit and stare at it huh  :)

I've got the same thing going just in inferno orange - I chose the orange hoping not to go unnoticed on the road - when driver's aren't paying attention.

And I guess if I had paid attention - you indicated the tuner along with your numbers.  I noticed the shop didn't give me my dongle from the SEPST when they returned the kit to me.  Probably figured I wouldn't use it, ha ha.

It's supposed to warm up to 54 degrees tomorrow - so I guess I'll ride it to work and take it down the interstate during the lunch hour and check the tune more fully.  It's going to be a long wait until spring to get some real riding in.

I don't have my dongle either now that you say that.....hmmm....

Nice it only hit 57 here in Tampa today! It was 33 at 06:30....drove the van today LOL
Maybe Saturday...supposed to hit 71..Sunday is 74 but 40% chance of rain.......sucks here to

Ride safe,
CHYWY
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.