Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vance n Hines Power Dual X Pipe with Hi Output pipes?  (Read 8767 times)

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
Vance n Hines Power Dual X Pipe with Hi Output pipes?
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »

Has anybody done it yet?

Tech is telling me the Hi Output pipes will not fit with the X pipe even though the book says they are compatible

Says the heat shield on the X pipe sticks out an inch to far and wont let the slip on pipe go on enough to get a good seal

Call is into VnH tech support they are supposed to call back at some point

I seriosuly cant imagine Vance n Hines making a new slip on that wouldnt fit with their existing header system

If somebody has done this set up already please share with me how you got around the heat shield obstruction
I've spent every dollar ever made on either Harleys or women. The rest I've just wasted.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Vance n Hines Power Dual X Pipe with Hi Output pipes?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »

This is straight from the V&H web site. Says they fit!   Face

About HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS
Designed specifically to address the needs of tuned motors built for high horsepower applications, (hi compression, large displacement, big cams). Every aspect of the Hi-Output slip-on's design is singularly focused to yield maximum horsepower by improving the volumetric efficiency of heavily modified engines as well as stock. Race quality black ceramic or chrome. Compatible with Dresser duals, Power Duals and CVO drop skirt bags.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/touring/slipons/16457
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

This is straight from the V&H web site. Says they fit!   Face

About HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS
Designed specifically to address the needs of tuned motors built for high horsepower applications, (hi compression, large displacement, big cams). Every aspect of the Hi-Output slip-on's design is singularly focused to yield maximum horsepower by improving the volumetric efficiency of heavily modified engines as well as stock. Race quality black ceramic or chrome. Compatible with Dresser duals, Power Duals and CVO drop skirt bags.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/touring/slipons/16457

Oh I agree 100%

But the heat shields from the power dual stick out way to far and are hitting the pipe, even ramming them up and in under the x heat shield there is still about 1/2" to much, cant get a good mount

Thats why i am tryin to see if anybody else has this set up yet, and how in the hell they did it!!!!
I've spent every dollar ever made on either Harleys or women. The rest I've just wasted.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »

I have the x pipe but my mufflers are Bub Boom Cans so I can help you there, sorry. I'm sure there is someone on here who did it. Good Luck!  Face
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »

Did you check out the bottom video on that V&H web page linked-to above?  Those mufflers are on that pipe...

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

There we go.............wonder if they trimmed the heat shields or something

Didnt see the vid, thanks man

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »

Clone this guy on road glide . org has that set up (screen name = ichiban). Maybe he could answer your question.

FACE

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?p=177085#post177085
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:53 AM »

I've got the High Outputs and the X pipe - no problems fitting at all.......

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »

I have the HI-Outputs on my 2011 CVO Street Glide but with V & H dresser duals. I have to assume that the end connections of the hed pipes are the same.

It was very difficult for me to get the slip-ons under the heat shields of the head pipes. Like you mention they appeared to stop about 1/2" short. I almost gave up but then decided to pull off the heat shields to see if I could get the slip-ons on. After doing so they fit but with a little extra hard taps on the ends of the slip-ons (wood block & hammer). Once I could see the would actually fit to dimension I pulled it all back apart and installed the heat shields and tried all over again.

After several attemps I finally decided to make a wood wedge to drive under the shields to get some additional room. Difficult but it worked.

Love my Hi-Outputs!!! They sound great ripping down the highway at 80 mph.

Good Luck!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »

I have the HI-Outputs on my 2011 CVO Street Glide but with V & H dresser duals. I have to assume that the end connections of the hed pipes are the same.

It was very difficult for me to get the slip-ons under the heat shields of the head pipes. Like you mention they appeared to stop about 1/2" short. I almost gave up but then decided to pull off the heat shields to see if I could get the slip-ons on. After doing so they fit but with a little extra hard taps on the ends of the slip-ons (wood block & hammer). Once I could see the would actually fit to dimension I pulled it all back apart and installed the heat shields and tried all over again.

After several attemps I finally decided to make a wood wedge to drive under the shields to get some additional room. Difficult but it worked.

Love my Hi-Outputs!!! They sound great ripping down the highway at 80 mph.

Good Luck!

Ok so I just need to force it then it sounds like

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »

I also have the power dual header and hi-output slip-on.  No issue, no grinding, no problem.

I am in the process of changing the whole system though...... the sound type is not for me.

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »

Well took it apart and decided to try the heat shields OVER the pipe instead of under as the destructions state

Of course doing it arse backwards works fine! why wouldnt it!

The destructions state that the middle heat shield is supposed to go UNDER the heat shield on the pipe

Well after fighting with it for 24 hours it just wasnt hapening, and that was with 3 different techs and just about every free hand in the place tryin it

So, we pulled the heat shields and did some modifying. IE: beat the chit out of them on the pipe end to open them up in a bell type form, and the pipe slid right on

Not quite how Vance n Hines intended, but the fuggers are on there

Had to do the same thing on the left side

Open it up to go OVER the muffler not under as intended

Tuning it now

Hope to be riding in an hour

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
X-Pipe and V & H muffler problem.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »

Has anyone found a way for the V & H X-pipe to work with the V & H high output mufflers on a '12 SEUC?? The heat shields on both sides of the header won't allow the muffler to slip on. The heat shield is hitting the flare in the muffler and won't allow it enough room to make a good seal. Anyone else run into this problem?

Opee
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

Clone

• Junior CVO Member
Re: X-Pipe and V & H muffler problem.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:39 PM »

Has anyone found a way for the V & H X-pipe to work with the V & H high output mufflers on a '12 SEUC?? The heat shields on both sides of the header won't allow the muffler to slip on. The heat shield is hitting the flare in the muffler and won't allow it enough room to make a good seal. Anyone else run into this problem?

Opee

Got them on Ope. Its at the Dyno now, cause of course the dealerhsip couldnt immediately tune it was over their heads so its off to the dyno guy

Prolly be next wednesday or thursday before its back

but, it is on

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »

Woo Hoo!!
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.