Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Installed my Fullsac Stage 1  (Read 3457 times)

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
Installed my Fullsac Stage 1
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »

Just installed my Fullsac Stage I  X-Pipe C with 2 in Cores, Arlen Ness big Sucker A/C and TTS Tuner. 

Only got to take it around the block, however, got it up to 90 mph pretty quickly.  I am going to assume the smell is just the initial burning
in of the pipes.

The thing I really noticed is how quick it cooled down.  :orange:

Riding to work tomorrow.  I just know I will want to keep going.

Thanks  Steve and Alice.  I enjoyed working with you.

Joe

Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Installed my Fullsac Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »

You are going to love it. The smell will go away...
Bill

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »

You are going to love it. The smell will go away...

Rode it to work this morning.  The performance is night and day.  Even the valve noise is a little easier to take.

I could not be more happy. :pepper:

Joe

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »

Rode it to work this morning.  The performance is night and day.  Even the valve noise is a little easier to take.

Joe
Thanks for the report Joe!

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

m1215

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

thats good to hear. i cant wait to get the x pipe and tts. right now im running with the 2 inch cores.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »

Good to hear you like it.   I've been on the list for a C-Pipe and a tts for about 5 weeks now can't wait to get it and cool this thing down a bit.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »

Good to hear you like it.   I've been on the list for a C-Pipe and a tts for about 5 weeks now can't wait to get it and cool this thing down a bit.

Our second welder is online and X Pipe production has doubled in the last week. We are catching up on back orders fast.

SG

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »

Joe

Always glad to hear that. I'm still on the fence with the TTS but just because I already have a tuner. I know it's best to run them across the rollers for an accurate tune but I do wonder if the cost of have it dyno tuned using the SERPT will be tha same cost as buying the TTS with one of Steve's canned tunes. My thinking is that ok, I have it tuned now but then I'll want to tune again if I go to a Stage 2 setup. Plus now Andrews has there 57 grind which puts another minor jog in the selection process. With the new TTS version coming out soon I'd probably want to wait for that one...if I go that route. I'm just all over the place with this crap huh. Kinda like Steve doing burn outs in his videos. All over the place.  ;D :2vrolijk_21:
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »

Always glad to hear that. I'm still on the fence with the TTS but just because I already have a tuner. I know it's best to run them across the rollers for an accurate tune but I do wonder if the cost of have it dyno tuned using the SERPT will be tha same cost as buying the TTS with one of Steve's canned tunes. My thinking is that ok, I have it tuned now but then I'll want to tune again if I go to a Stage 2 setup. Plus now Andrews has there 57 grind which puts another minor jog in the selection process. With the new TTS version coming out soon I'd probably want to wait for that one...if I go that route. I'm just all over the place with this crap huh. Kinda like Steve doing burn outs in his videos. All over the place.  ;D :2vrolijk_21:

I like you can come up with 1000 excuses to wait.  Not this time......Just do it

codten

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

Our second welder is online and X Pipe production has doubled in the last week. We are catching up on back orders fast.

SG

Thats great news. I will miss talking to Alice every two weeks, asking if they are ready yet!!! :orange: :orange:

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »

Steve, I got a call from Alice just 2 hours after I posted that a C pipe is ready. After talking to her and the fact that there wont be a TTS available for at least a few weeks I decided to pass on this pipe and am now on the list for the TTS and C pipe. Dont really see the point in getting one without the other. Just hope that the TTS single is ready pretty soon. The CAT needs to DYE  :o

Mike

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »

Steve, I got a call from Alice just 2 hours after I posted that a C pipe is ready. After talking to her and the fact that there wont be a TTS available for at least a few weeks I decided to pass on this pipe and am now on the list for the TTS and C pipe. Dont really see the point in getting one without the other. Just hope that the TTS single is ready pretty soon. The CAT needs to DYE  :o

Mike

Hey Folks i just got off the phone with Alice, she is sending my stage 1 kit out today, pipe 2" cores and the (two bike tts tuner it's in stock) just because i didn't want to wait any longer for the single bike unit. In the big scheme of things whats a couple hundred bucks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
My favorite color is chrome

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

Thanks for the report Joe!

Steve

Steve,

Its been a couple of days now.  I am running into a problem....Seems my bike likes to stay in the 3500 to 4000 rpm range.

Cant figure it out!!!! :bananarock: :apple: :huepfenjump3:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »

Steve,

Its been a couple of days now.  I am running into a problem....Seems my bike likes to stay in the 3500 to 4000 rpm range.

Cant figure it out!!!! :bananarock: :apple: :huepfenjump3:

That's a common result, especially pulling a hill or passing a truck......the throttle likes to "stay" in that position longer than necessary!
 8)
HOGMIKE

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »

Try a set of Andrews 54s.   Then see how it likes 3500 rpm.   :) :carrot: :pineapple:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »

Try a set of Andrews 54s.   Then see how it likes 3500 rpm.   :) :carrot: :pineapple:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »

Andrews 57H cams would likely be even better than the 54Hs, now that they are available (wish they had been when I got the 54Hs...), and Cometic MLS .030" head gaskets will help them by increasing the squish without doing crazy stuff. The duration of the 54H and 57H cams is still in the mid-RPM power range (236 to 240), and the valve timing will help keep the engine cooler than the SE 255 cams - plus provide a lot more power in the mid-to-high RPM range for passing... and "stuff"...

I've been reading good stuff about the 57Hs, and I talked with Andrews for awhile last week about them. They told me they designed the 57H from the ground up with a wider lobe to increase the dwell, and they seem to perform very well in the 110" engine, even though they weren't really designed specifically for the 110. I suspect they might be a tad noisier than the 54Hs tho... I don't know... but with a wider lobe tip, I would think that the ramps would have to be steeper than the 54H ramps.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

Andrews 57H cams would likely be even better than the 54Hs, now that they are available (wish they had been when I got the 54Hs...), and Cometic MLS .030" head gaskets will help them by increasing the squish without doing crazy stuff. The duration of the 54H and 57H cams is still in the mid-RPM power range (236 to 240), and the valve timing will help keep the engine cooler than the SE 255 cams - plus provide a lot more power in the mid-to-high RPM range for passing... and "stuff"...

I've been reading good stuff about the 57Hs, and I talked with Andrews for awhile last week about them. They told me they designed the 57H from the ground up with a wider lobe to increase the dwell, and they seem to perform very well in the 110" engine, even though they weren't really designed specifically for the 110. I suspect they might be a tad noisier than the 54Hs tho... I don't know... but with a wider lobe tip, I would think that the ramps would have to be steeper than the 54H ramps.

The all new 57 is a 37 with more lift. Should work just fine in a small motor, the 37s did.

Attached is a before and after dyno done on a 2011 stage I XPipe CVO. The only change was taking out the 255s and installing Andrews 54s with .030 head gaskets.
I'm not really seeing where the 255s had the bottom end advantage? It is possible to use to small of a cam and have less bottom end. I think this is a good example.

SG

SG

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »

The all new 57 is a 37 with more lift. Should work just fine in a small motor, the 37s did.

Attached is a before and after dyno done on a 2011 stage I XPipe CVO. The only change was taking out the 255s and installing Andrews 54s with .030 head gaskets.
I'm not really seeing where the 255s had the bottom end advantage? It is possible to use to small of a cam and have less bottom end. I think this is a good example.

SG

SG

LOL! Steve - THAT chart pretty much tells ALL! The 255s are not good cams and produce a lot of heat. The 54Hs run great with the Fullsac X-Pipe and baffles. With the Drago's 2-1 I am running now... Meh...

Wiz is STILL kicking me for going to a 2-1 pipe...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

crackers

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »

I have the 54H now and a great dyno tune but if I do anything different it will be having the heads done and back to the 255

Fullsac "D" pipe
4" Rineharts
Heads by Jack Larson
Diamond cut
TTS Tuner
Progressive 944's and Progressive Monotubes

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »

I have the 54H now and a great dyno tune but if I do anything different it will be having the heads done and back to the 255

How about having the heads done and staying with the 54Hs? They would benefit from head work, I would think.

Why would you want go back to the 255s? Steve's chart above clearly shows the 54Hs provide more power across the board.

The Wizard's Tune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:16 PM »

Ken.   You can still come back.  Even make the Wiz happy again.  ;)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »

Stock heads, little more squeeze, good tune, 54 cams.......
I'm a happy camper!
 :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:31 PM »

I didn't do the squeeze.  I'm fine with that.  I like the 54s. Most of my riding is cruising and I like the way it gets going at 2500. Just right for me.  :2vrolijk_21:

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 02:30:28 AM »

LOL! Steve - THAT chart pretty much tells ALL! The 255s are not good cams and produce a lot of heat. The 54Hs run great with the Fullsac X-Pipe and baffles. With the Drago's 2-1 I am running now... Meh...

Wiz is STILL kicking me for going to a 2-1 pipe...

I wouldn't say that the 255s are not good cams. IMHO, they are just better suited to smaller motors with less compression. They have a very early intake close that
builds lots of cylinder pressure early. Great for early TQ and pinging issues in larger hotter running motors. The bigger the motor the bigger the cam you can run and still have a broad TQ curve. The 120R is a good example. It has a 266E with 658 lift and 262 duration with the intake closing at 58 degrees. That motor was more civilized with better bottom end than I ever would have believed. That cam in a 96" motor would be a whole different story. A good combination of parts is always the key.

SG
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:03:52 AM by Fullsac Perf »

Hammbone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »

i recived a  email from alice on june 11th sayin x pipes were in but tts would be a couplw weeks longer i been runnin 2.5 cores for a while i am very anxious to get tuner and x pipe to cool down bike and unleash the beast and get rid of cat...how much longer aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
Semper Fi

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »

i recived a  email from alice on june 11th sayin x pipes were in but tts would be a couplw weeks longer i been runnin 2.5 cores for a while i am very anxious to get tuner and x pipe to cool down bike and unleash the beast and get rid of cat...how much longer aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
I was in the same boat as you.  Even started a thread hoping it would come in faster.

x-pipe is installed, 2 in cores are rumblin, Arlen Ness is a sucken and TTS Tuner has been tunin.......RELEASE THE CRAKIN!!!!

Joe

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:55 AM »

I wouldn't say that the 255s are not good cams. IMHO, they are just better suited to smaller motors with less compression. They have a very early intake close that
builds lots of cylinder pressure early. Great for early TQ and pinging issues in larger hotter running motors. The bigger the motor the bigger the cam you can run and still have a broad TQ curve. The 120R is a good example. It has a 266E with 658 lift and 262 duration with the intake closing at 58 degrees. That motor was more civilized with better bottom end than I ever would have believed. That cam in a 96" motor would be a whole different story. A good combination of parts is always the key.

SG

Steve - I was referring to the 255s in a 110" engine like I have. I think they have far too little intake duration (211 seems crazy-low for a big engine), and build a lot of unnecessary heat due to the high comp. The 54H cams are much better, as your chart shows - they breathe better, stay longer, and run cooler with your X-Pipe and baffles, and a good tune as you provide with your cal.

It will be interesting to see how the 57Hs perform in 110s due to their higher dwell and "all-new" grind (even though the timing is the same as the 37H, the grind is quite different according to what Andrews told me, with a much wider tip). 

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »

It's a beutiful sunny day today and i want to ride , installed my FULLSAC stage 1 kit but NO EMAIL fuel map ????????? :sauer005:
My favorite color is chrome

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »

got my c pipe a couple weeks ago...TTS was not available at that time...decided to go with the SE Tuner, then remembered  :o I had sent an ecm and tuner to Steve @ TTS to get corrected, the ECM was bad, and he cleared or corrected the tuner so it could be used since I had used another tuner to get another bike rolling...got the TTS back on Thursday and will be getting my bike in the DYNO tomorrow!!!  :bananarock:  FULLSAC C PIPE just may become a new favorite since I love a sleeper :2vrolijk_21:
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 21 queries.