CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

Who to paint?

(1/6) > >>

TraumaSlave:
So, I put my bike in the trailer last night after a wonderful day of riding. Set in my condor, closer the door and went fishing. Go out this more to find it on it's side. Fairing and saddle bag paint scuffed bad and gas had leaked all down the tank ruining the paint. My 05 Cherry looks rotted. Now I need either someone to fix (repaint) the paint. Who should I get?  Figure it's not something my local body shop will be able to do.

CVODON:
I would assume this would be an insurance claim? If so let them look at it first. Most  Insurance companies will not repair and paint a Harley due to costs etc it and will replace with pre-painted new parts. Due to age you have a problem there but either way let insurance inspect it and if you have a repair facility let the adjustor know and he/she will work with them. Makes a easier more seamless deal that way.
When that was my job I always liked it when the owner already knew who he wanted to do the repairs. Two things, One I had not been part of the decision process and if they did a crappy job it was between the owner and shop and two the shops are more used to dealing with insurance company and my involvement was minimal.
Choose a GOOD shop or let the insurance company offer suggestions, remember if they make suggestions they have some liability in quality of repairs.

VRODDAVE:
Dude ,   I feel for ya brother.   Please share if you can what went wrong with the condor.   I just purchased a condor myself recently and now you made me afraid to use it. 

Thanks.
Dave

GregKhougaz:
Contact Joe at Xtreme Dimension. http://www.xtremedimension.com/

TraumaSlave:
No clue what happened with the Condor. It has been Rock solid and I can't lend blame to it. We had bad storms last night and I'm sure the wind rocked the trailer but, that shouldn't have been the cause.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version