CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

HD wont replace my pitted rocker box cover

(1/10) > >>

newseultra07:
Have some looks to be pitting under the chrome on my rocker box cover & cam cover. Took to dealer & they took pics. Just got notified that HD denied my claim. Reason is if there is more than 2 items claimed with same problem they feel like they don't have to replace it. Said there is something in the manual that states this... Well if they don't replace it this will be my last HD bike I will ever buy....I called HD customer support & they are gonna look into it some more.. My bike is still under factory warranty..

ultrafxr:
That make no sense to me but then again a lot of things mother Harley does (or won't do) don't make much sense.  Good luck and hope you get it covered under warranty.   :2vrolijk_21:

grc:
It's not the first time someone at Harley tried to pull that "won't cover more than one chrome part" horse hockey, but under current laws they can't blow this off so easily under the factory warranty.  Unless they can prove the pitting is from something that happened to the bike after you took possession, like contamination by a caustic chemical that attacks cheap chrome, they have to cover the defect.  If the only chrome parts on the bike that are pitting are the rocker covers, it's pretty obvious the problem is related to the manufacture of those covers and not some nebulous atmospheric pollution or other hogwash.

I'm pretty sure that one part only thing was originally created for non-warranty policy adjustments, where they agree to cover damaged, not defective, parts.  Someone at H-D has been telling dealers and customers that also applies to warranty items, and it does not.  Take them to small claims court if they don't do the right thing.

Jerry

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: grc on May 26, 2020, 05:08:59 PM ---
Take them to small claims court if they don't do the right thing.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

Or pull up on their parking lot on a Goldwing or a used Harley you paid a lot less for and bought somewhere else and tell them to go reproduce themselves.

J.D.:
It's just cast aluminum with flash chrome.  These chrome parts pit up pretty quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version