CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

Corbin Seats

(1/4) > >>

JCZ:
I contacted Corbin to get a seat custom made for my bike.  It seems they need an 04 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide and an 04 Screamin Eagle Deuce to use to mock up some parts that they're going to manufacture.  The trade off is that you get the item for free.  Now I'm not sure what it is that they're going to make but I'm curious.

So, I have an appointment to drop my bike off (in Hollister), for them to use.  But they still need a Deuce.  Any Deuce owners in Northern Calif that can live without your bike for a couple weeks, it might be worth your time to call.

naitram:
you just bot it and you're ready to part with it for a couple of weeks  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JCZ:

--- Quote ---you just bot it and you're ready to part with it for a couple of weeks
--- End quote ---

psycho:
Hey JC, I'm feeling a little schizophrenic cause it seems I'm having a conversation about seats with you in three or more different areas and in two different groups!!!! Since you're heading over to Corbin, this is where I'm at on seats. I've got my "touring" set up all set now with a sundowner and touring backrest (on bike right now). A Universal storage bag mounts very nicely to backrest and sits on rear seat. Luggage rack will also hold a bag as well. I'm gonna ride around with this set-up this riding season to test the seat out.  

I was initially set on always having the luggage rack on bike which severely limited the choices of seats from Corbin (many don't fit with luggage rack). However, the next time I have the seat off, I'm gonna look at how easily the luggage rack comes off. If it's relatively easy, I might consider a Corbin Gunfighter type seat (with a backrest) for local riding--looks cool and super comfortable! (break out the touring set-up when needed)

So I'm all set while Corbin comes up with their seats for the 04 SED. Questions for Corbin: Will seats for 04 SED be the same seats the have for 03 Deuces? When will seats be ready? How many/which seats compatible with HD luggage rack?          

naitram:
touring setup?, i dont know psycho sound like your planning a ride out to meet up with JCZ  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version