CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

future ride idea for psycho

(1/1)

naitram:
McGregor to travel world -- by motorcycle
Tuesday, April 13, 2004 Posted: 1:49 PM EDT (1749 GMT)
Across Channel, Europe, Asia, Bering Strait, and to N.Y.

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Scottish actor Ewan McGregor said Tuesday he undertook survival skills training and medical emergency lessons for his next big project -- a round-the-world trip by motorcycle.

The 33-year-old film star will embark on a three-month journey later this week to New York by way of Eastern Europe and the hostile terrain of Mongolia, Siberia and Alaska.

Accompanying him on the 20,000-mile trip to be filmed for a documentary will be his friend Charley Boorman, an actor who is the son of film director John Boorman.

Since January, the pair have trained with ex-soldiers and learned how to perform emergency medical procedures to ensure they can survive any encounters with unfriendly weather, wildlife or serious accidents.

McGregor, who called the adventure a "once-in-a lifetime trip" said Tuesday the pair's original plan had been to go to China, but then the idea "grew and grew and grew."

He said he and Boorman would carry everything they needed on their off-road bikes, including camping equipment and tools.

The actor, who last appeared in Tim Burton's film "Big Fish," said his wife and two children "understand and are fully behind us."

But he said: "I think if the whole thing was called off tomorrow they would probably be delighted."

the O`Fender:
Now that is hardcore!!!
[smiley=beerchug.gif]

psycho:
No problem. I'm there! After reading about all the accidents and stuff, just got my new riding suit.

Road_Hog:
This one's better for us Psyco!  Maybe color matched???

JCZ:
Psycho I'm getting a little concerned.  I think you should put a little more thought into your safety! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version