Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear whell noice  (Read 1448 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Rear whell noice
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »

Harley replaced my rear tire and now all the road noice is gone. i am glad they found the problem. Now all I hear is the metal pinging in the engine which they say is mormal. Looks like an extened warranty for me. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Rear whell noice
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »

Harley replaced my rear tire and now all the road noice is gone. i am glad they found the problem. Now all I hear is the metal pinging in the engine which they say is mormal. Looks like an extened warranty for me. Billy

From what I've read here, it's normal for the 110's that have rocker box clearance problems.

Glad to hear you got the tire noise taken care of...just a bad tire?  Anything phycially visible on the tire?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »

From what I've read here, it's normal for the 110's that have rocker box clearance problems.

Glad to hear you got the tire noise taken care of...just a bad tire?  Anything phycially visible on the tire?
No they could not find anything. Maybe bad belts on the Elite 3's not sure. The bike tire is quite now.
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

Possibly a wheel alignment problem, belt rubbing on the rear pulley???

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.