Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Vrod Traxxion AK-20 and Bitubo Shock  (Read 15831 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Vrod Traxxion AK-20 and Bitubo Shock
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »

$35 for the lawn isn't bad. Last month's bill was $23.88. This month it's $172.34. I didn't take that many more showers last month. My bad months are June, July and August. In Sep, it drops right off.

If I don't water the lawn, it gets real bumpy, requiring good shocks since I drive over the lawn to get the bike down to the shop in the basement.

Chief

That is the front only and only three times a week.
And that's only 6 months a year, of the other 6, 4 months it's off and the last two months is only twice a week.

Now let me get really off topic?
What's the scoop and poop on the brick lintel?

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Vrod Traxxion AK-20 and Bitubo Shock
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

Chief

That is the front only and only three times a week.
And that's only 6 months a year, of the other 6, 4 months it's off and the last two months is only twice a week.

Now let me get really off topic?
What's the scoop and poop on the brick lintel?

Front only here too, and not all of it. When I get the other side of the driveway sodded, it will only get worse.

After having the SE here on Friday, Pinki and I pulled the frame from the garage door. The header is twin LVL's, so we can't get much better than that. We pulled a string across the bottom of the beam, and it has deflected about 3/8", so I won't even call that a sag. The lintel has probably moved about 1/4" or so too, so the combination of the two is enough to allow it to crack and shift like it did. The lintel is lagged in on two foot centers, but I think the problem lies in the fact that they shimmed it with std framing shims, so they couldn't really pullit up tight and the lags have deflected down a bit. I'll confirm with the SE tomorrow, but I'm thinking it can be fixed by engineering a lintel reattachment plan involving jacks to raise the lintel back up level, shimming with something more solid than cedar shakes, removing lags and through-bolting everything together. This will require sawing out some brickevery 2 feet to get to the lag screws and maybe even adding a few more bolts.

I think if the lintel can be pulled up real tight to the beam, instead of just hanging on the lags, which have probably drooped down from the force 1/2" out from the beam, I can get it all level again without major destructive work.

We'll see what he says tomorrow.

If it all fals down, I'll need REALLY good shocks to get over the pile of rubble. (Staying on topic herre.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 1.072 seconds with 22 queries.