Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics Brake Pad  (Read 2280 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Traxxion Dynamics Brake Pad
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »

Just heard from Max at Traxxion...he has two sets of front and rear brake pads for a HD for us to test.  Jerry (Utrafxr) is going to test one set on his upcoming 8K posse ride.  This should be a good test over a real variation in conditions, and also help show how the pads are going to wear.  Thanks Jerry!!

These are the pads Max has been working with the Japanese company on...the one's that Don and I had the opportunity to test on the shop's Gold Wing at Traxxion.  Amazing difference in stopping power/distance.

I have given Chief first dibs on the other set to test, unless he refuses.  It needs to be someone local to their shop, and able to install the pads, if necessary.  Also, the person must be willing to allow Max to ride his/her bike to test them himself.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Traxxion Dynamics Brake Pad
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

Just heard from Max at Traxxion...he has two sets of front and rear brake pads for a HD for us to test.  Jerry (Utrafxr) is going to test one set on his upcoming 8K posse ride.  This should be a good test over a real variation in conditions, and also help show how the pads are going to wear.  Thanks Jerry!!

These are the pads Max has been working with the Japanese company on...the one's that Don and I had the opportunity to test on the shop's Gold Wing at Traxxion.  Amazing difference in stopping power/distance.

I have given Chief first dibs on the other set to test, unless he refuses.  It needs to be someone local to their shop, and able to install the pads, if necessary.  Also, the person must be willing to allow Max to ride his/her bike to test them himself.

I'd be interested in knowing how they compare to the Lyndall Z pads, not necessarily the HD pads. Anyone with Lyndalls testing them? Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:23:13 AM »

I'd be interested in knowing how they compare to the Lyndall Z pads, not necessarily the HD pads. Anyone with Lyndalls testing them? Hoist! 8)

Only two sets available at this time, Hoist.  I am confident they will be at least as good as the Lyndalls.  Chief is installing them on his bike tomorrow, with some testing to be done on Friday at Traxxion.

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »

Only two sets available at this time, Hoist.  I am confident they will be at least as good as the Lyndalls.  Chief is installing them on his bike tomorrow, with some testing to be done on Friday at Traxxion.

Anxiously awaiting the results! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:34:23 AM »

I would be interested in this test. I will be doing pads real soon because my brake are real soft since the wheel swap.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »

I would be interested in this test. I will be doing pads real soon because my brake are real soft since the wheel swap.

Q...when Don and I got to ride the Wing at Traxxion, with ABS, there was a good 20 to 30 foot difference in stopping distance from the same speeds.  This was back to back rides, with only time enough between to change the pads out.  I, for one, was totally amazed that a set of pads could make a difference that huge.  This was from speeds of 60 or less.  Max, Mike, and the group have tested these more thoroughly under controlled conditions ( I think they were at an old airport runway), both one up and two up, and from much faster speeds.  Mike told me that on the two up runs, he had to hold onto something to keep from coming off the rear seat...extremely large differences in stopping distances were measured and recorded.

TTS Mastertune

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »

I second the comparison with the Z-Pads, since that's what a lot of us are currently using.  Also, what's he thinking about charging for them?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »

I second the comparison with the Z-Pads, since that's what a lot of us are currently using.  Also, what's he thinking about charging for them?

Ernie...these are the first two sets he's gotten from the company.  He has not set a price point yet, as it will depend a lot on how many sets he orders, etc.  Nobody around here is running the Lyndalls that is close to his shop.  When it's all said and done, maybe Max will do a test on their Wing with stock, Lyndalls, and then these.  I would be hard to compare anything on a HD because the brakes are not ABS and it would be hard to determine if the same braking pressure was applied otherwise. 

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 11:55:58 AM »

I'll add this...knowing Max, and the fact that he can get the Lyndalls, he's gone to a lot of trouble (flying to Japan, etc) to get these, so he must feel they are better.  He's a perfectionist and doesn't want to offer anything but the best to his customers.

TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.