Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: True track  (Read 8104 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
True track
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »

I'm looking into the True Track, St-8 or the TRZ stabalizer.  Does any0ne know if there is a performance difference between the 3  Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: True track
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »

I'm looking into the True Track, St-8 or the TRZ stabalizer.  Does any0ne know if there is a performance difference between the 3  Thanks Billy

Billy...I don't know of a direct comparison anyone has done, but most seem happy with any one of the three.  They all seem to accomplish the same end result, just in slightly different ways.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:32:19 AM »

I picked a little vibration through te floor boards aroung 2400-2500 rpm with the ride-str8.  I opted for that only because the tru track was not available but I notice there is a little more gound clearance and it tucks in a little better.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:33:23 AM »

I picked a little vibration through te floor boards aroung 2400-2500 rpm with the ride-str8.  I opted for that only because the tru track was not available but I notice there is a little more gound clearance and it tucks in a little better.

Miker

I have a TrueTrack, but I recently saw that they have a new style, without the adjustment rods. I notice no adverse effects from it. And I've not gotten any wobble yet either. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »

I have a TrueTrack, but I recently saw that they have a new style, without the adjustment rods. I notice no adverse effects from it. And I've not gotten any wobble yet either. Hoist! 8)

Tween the stab and new shocks the back half is a loy better, I need to trax the front....and pay the painter
(looks good so far, just needs to cleared with about a bazillion coats for love bug protection), pay the resto guy, shipping company,  anyone else/

What cams have you selected Howie?

Thanks

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:09:26 AM »

Tween the stab and new shocks the back half is a loy better, I need to trax the front....and pay the painter
(looks good so far, just needs to cleared with about a bazillion coats for love bug protection), pay the resto guy, shipping company,  anyone else/

What cams have you selected Howie?

Thanks

Miker

WTF is that thing mike? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »

Howie, I think you posted this somewhere else, but did you notice much difference when you installed your True Track.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:52:04 AM »

I choose the RideStr8 over the others because it allows you to use the RivCo Centerstand.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:05:49 AM »

WTF is that thing mike? :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

I don't quite know but it is effin hugh, talk about heat issues!  Silly Euro's

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »

I don't quite know but it is effin hugh, talk about heat issues!  Silly Euro's

Miker

If that's a V configuration, that thing is 48 cylinders! :o Now that's some scary lookin' chit! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 10:52:40 AM »

I have the Alloy Art TXR stabilizer on the SEEG.  No issues.  I only went with that one because it's the prefered one of my mechanic.
 :cherry:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »

I have the Alloy Art TXR stabilizer on the SEEG.  No issues.  I only went with that one because it's the prefered one of my mechanic.
 :cherry:

I have this stabilizer as well.  (I only went with it because I got a good deal on it off of Ebay  :2vrolijk_21:).

I can't compare it to any of the others since this is my first one, but it is very easy to install, no extra vibration, and you can feel a difference in how the back end follows the front.

Ghost

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »

I have this stabilizer as well.  (I only went with it because I got a good deal on it off of Ebay  :2vrolijk_21:).

I can't compare it to any of the others since this is my first one, but it is very easy to install, no extra vibration, and you can feel a difference in how the back end follows the front.

Ghost

Ghost, please do not tell me what you paid for yours on ebay and I won't tell you what list price I paid!!  Dammit. :-\

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 09:45:25 AM »

Ghost, please do not tell me what you paid for yours on ebay and I won't tell you what list price I paid!!  Dammit. :-\

DEAL!   :2vrolijk_21:

Trust me, for those keeping score, the BAD DEALS are still well ahead of the GOOD DEALS.  :D

Later,
Ghost

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »

I choose the RideStr8 over the others because it allows you to use the RivCo Centerstand.

Mark, one thing I discovered (at least on mine) recently.  The RideStr8 device can stand a bit of regular maintenance.  The heim joints on that rear cross link can get awfully stiff living in all the mess and muck they are exposed to. 

Had to unhook the outboard link on mine recently to allow a path to remove a harness from an o2 sensor.  The joint moved, but only with effort that was too significant to be comfortable.  A little WD40 and some compressed air got it moving again completely freely.  Cleaned up both ends while I was at it.  Think that doing this will now be part of the bikes annual spring clean-up and service.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.57 seconds with 21 queries.