Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Daytona  (Read 1715 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Daytona
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:44:14 AM »

Unless I missed it Harley did not have a display at the race track. Lots of other brands.
Bill

ultrarider123

Re: Daytona
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »

Unless I missed it Harley did not have a display at the race track. Lots of other brands.

What?  No large booth or tent set up for the mass interest and pre-order for the upcoming Livewire?  Say it ain't so.... ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

Maybe they spent all their event cash on that kid's electric bike company... ;D

Seriously though, the start of the "riding season" for most of the country with demographics right in line with the MoCo and no show at the track?  Sumptin's up.  I'm betting Indian had a nice set-up... :2vrolijk_21:

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »

You did miss it as they are there but you have to walk and walk all the way to the east section to find them all by themself.  Trust me other then getting our pin, it was not worth the walk.  Only seen 2 bikes on display and they had a small tent trying to push some Willie G tee shirts.  Did not even see the electric bike there.  Very poor display for HD.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »

What?  No large booth or tent set up for the mass interest and pre-order for the upcoming Livewire?  Say it ain't so.... ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

Maybe they spent all their event cash on that kid's electric bike company... ;D

Seriously though, the start of the "riding season" for most of the country with demographics right in line with the MoCo and no show at the track?  Sumptin's up.  I'm betting Indian had a nice set-up... :2vrolijk_21:

Indian unveiled this limited edition Springfield in Daytona on Saturday. Has a factory installed 116.
https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/jack-daniels-2019-springfield-dark-horse/

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

Was there three years ago, HD was on Beach Street. But then the HD dealer on Beach turned into an Indian Dealer, so not sure of HD is also still on Beach

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »

Indian unveiled this limited edition Springfield in Daytona on Saturday. Has a factory installed 116.
https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/jack-daniels-2019-springfield-dark-horse/

Sure is purdy...website has a link to sign up for a lottery for purchasing but I'm wondering how well that is going over (yes, I signed up...don't know if I'll buy it if chosen but didn't want to miss an opportunity....just in case... ;D )

How was the reaction from the crowd when they introduced?

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »

Sure is purdy...website has a link to sign up for a lottery for purchasing but I'm wondering how well that is going over (yes, I signed up...don't know if I'll buy it if chosen but didn't want to miss an opportunity....just in case... ;D )

I was not there.....Darn it..... But here is a link to a video taken by a gentleman from the Indian Forum of the unveling.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »

The Jack Daniels bike last year was a scout and sold out in something like 10 minutes. They only make 177 of them.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 09:07:31 AM »

Nice Indian
Bill

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »

nice

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 07:41:38 AM »

3 bikes display on the track for HD.
All bikes from Indian display on the track and Main street.

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »

We rode down there yesterday & it was a good ride.  Destination Daytona & Iron Horse was a early stop with minimal traffic on the road & not packed. Rode to the Speedway & went down to Beach St. & it's vacant except for the Indian dealer. Beach St. is now history. The Hog tent was a long walk from where it usually is. Not many bikes to look at, just Hog selling their wares. Bike Week & Biketoberfest is all about who has the loudest system on their bike. Just plain ear shattering, gut wrenching noise! After 26 years of going to Bike Weeks this was my last. As they say "same sh##t different day". I can go to Daytona & enjoy it anytime as it's only a 90 mile ride.

Ya'll ride safe!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 09:00:40 AM »

HD display was sad, only three bikes.  They did have lots of Demo Bikes for rides. 

Indian had two huge displays of all their bikes, plus demo rides.

Vendors were down some at the Race Track.

Nothing on Beach Street. 

About normal at Destination Daytona.

Weather was very good.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 09:53:14 AM »

I live close to Daytona and make Bike Week and Biketoberfest yearly.  I think we're seeing a sign of the times - fewer riders = less vendors & smaller displays.  Seems smaller every year.  I can recall visiting the old Daytona HD shop and standing in a line 20 deep just to buy a shirt.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 04:59:40 PM »

I was there for 3 days. The Harley display was alot smaller than the last few years but still there. Lots of Demo bikes to ride & look at but not much else. No way I would walk from center of main stretch where HD was to outside turn 1 where vendors stopped, We rode bike down the center concrete path, stopping where we wanted to look and then moved down further when finished. Did appreciate the solar farm and shade/picnic tables for a little socializing.
The Beach Street lack of vendors has been well covered in the media the last few years, this area is being redeveloped. Housing, business etc are moving into this prime water side area, No more bikes/vendors, this was publicized last year during  bikeweek. Daytona Indian (the old Daytona HD) had several events, shows but with them being the only game on the street not many visitors.
Ormond seemed to be hopping in the Bar area and the Big dealer had about the same amount of vendors as usual & if Main Street is your thing it seemed to be very busy both times I was there. Music actually seemed good.
Had a good time and will continue to go, just not as many venue's as in past.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.