Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 rear cylinder  (Read 6422 times)

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
110 rear cylinder
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »

I could not find where anyone talked about this, so let me know if the discussion is somewhere else.  I am looking for more info on the rear cylinder on the 110 motors that will shut down before the motor over heats.  I have never heard about this until yesterday.  (probably a small issue seeing that the 110 has other issues, but I have been lucky) :confused:
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: 110 rear cylinder
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:24:34 AM »

its called "parade duty" never had it happen on my fxstsse 07,  do a search
08 09 throttle by wire models have a manually operated version of this, just by rolling the throttle forward on tick over

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:53 AM »

I had my bike in for a service problem and one of the questions from the service tech was "did you have the download done to ECM if your engine overheats?".  "I said what down load?".  "The one that shuts down the rear cylinder if the engine gets too hot"  Don't know if this is true or not but service tech said you have to ask for it. all the 110's have this option.
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

macman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »

Mine had it turned on when I bought it. I rode it for about 500 miles and then had them turn it off.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »

I could not find where anyone talked about this, so let me know if the discussion is somewhere else.  I am looking for more info on the rear cylinder on the 110 motors that will shut down before the motor over heats.  I have never heard about this until yesterday.  (probably a small issue seeing that the 110 has other issues, but I have been lucky) :confused:

See attachment.  The system is called EITMS, for Engine Idle Temperature Management System.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

pokerpig

• CVO1: 2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:55:20 PM »

Mine had it turned on when I bought it. I rode it for about 500 miles and then had them turn it off.

Why would you NOT want it?

macman

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:12:46 PM »

I dont need it where I ride. (Lake Tahoe area)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:00:26 AM »

Cause it's ridiculous!!! It's a sorry state of affairs if ya can't design an engine that has to be half turned off to attempt to maintain normal operating temperature, even in an air-cooled V-Twin!!! Setup up the engine so you don't ned to activate that. This is the sorriest fix for a problem like that I've ever seen! FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »

soulfly,  the heat management system use to be standard on the efi bikes and it became a nightmare at service counter and hd's customer complaint line that thay made it optional @ the07 model year. most of the ones i turned on came back to be turned off.  hoist wins the brass ring on what he said above.    axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »

Cause it's ridiculous!!! It's a sorry state of affairs if ya can't design an engine that has to be half turned off to attempt to maintain normal operating temperature, even in an air-cooled V-Twin!!! Setup up the engine so you don't ned to activate that. This is the sorriest fix for a problem like that I've ever seen! FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Second that there !

Anybody know if it can be disabled via my tuner ? (seems I saw thread stating that once) , anything to keep the crackerheads at HD from touching it !

:cucumber:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »

It is my understanding that the purpose of shutting the rear cylinder down is to pump fresh air through the cylinder and exhaust in order to cool the rider down. The rear cylinder pumps fresh air only when the machine is idling and stationary, or moving very slowly.

Beginning in mid 2008, the drive by wire fresh air option can be enabled and disabled by the rider. When you roll the throttle control forward at idle and hold it, the cruise lamp will flash either red or green; red for disabled and green for enabled. I think that the system works pretty well. The other option is to simply shut the engine off when you are sitting for prolonged periods in traffic.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

Nice Dutch!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »

I have an appt. at a dealer service department to deal with a leaking fork seal and make sure my stupid "Engine Idle Temperature Management System" is totally disabled.

Just curious, since this is intended to be the last time my '08 FXDSE graces an H-D dealer with it's presence, are there any other retarded gay "features" I should get disabled or otherwise "dealt with" while there ????

:jalapeno:

.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.