Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Leak Crankshaft position sensor 0-Ring  (Read 1757 times)

evilroadking

Oil Leak Crankshaft position sensor 0-Ring
« on: July 08, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »

Tried to check out Holister yesterday. Got as far as Stockton with a group leaving Yuba City. My new (1200 miles) CVO Ultra blew the O-Ring sometime  5-mile an hour traffic. (at least we think, looks like oil was spurting from this  area) It was hot as hell out, bike pinging like a mother, once the traffic let up and was able to accelarate through gears I was thinking damn, no power here. Oil pressure was 25Lbs and droping quick. Got off the next off ramp, What a pissy mess of oil that looked like it was puking out of the oil cooler. Got that apart, no leaks there. Started her up, and oil puked 3 feet out from area around the crankcase sensor. Lost 1-quart of oil. Called my wife to bring the trailer and we trailered her back to the dealer. Dealer said, em, sounds like motor started to sieze on you,, It's under warranty. He pointed at another one same year, different color, that came in earlier, He said the core in the oil cooler blew. Im starting to wonder here.. Could there be a tremendous amount of oil pressure build up casuing somthing with these bikes. Or maybe there running so fricken hot, chitz breaking down. I dont buy bigger cubic inch more heat excueses from the dealears. The SE 120 inch never gets close to the heat ranges these 110's are running at. I had one in an 05 Supper Glide, best runing motor i ever experienced.  Somthing is fuc*ed with these 110's
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:59:13 PM by evilroadking »

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.