Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: MY CVO HAS ARRIVED!!!!!  (Read 4457 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: MY CVO HAS ARRIVED!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »

Without question, that is absolutley the best looking model that HD has produced to date.  I thought the Krypto would be tough to beat, but IMO that color combo and add ons is the cats meow!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

Congrats  :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »

Nice...wikit nice! Congratulations! Ride on in good health!

Slainte!  :drink:

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 05:35:04 PM »

Nice looking bike.  Saw my first black on last week end and thought it really looked good. Have seen all three in person now and have to say pics just don't do these bikes justice.

M Bon

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »

Congrats.....  Beautiful bike.......

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 09:29:09 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Without question, this bike is amazing!!!  I am so glad I made the plunge to invest is such and incredible machine!!  I will say, that I have found a few flaws in the manufacturing, but HD has agreed to correct all under warranty, with no cost to me.  I have to give a little plug here to Pat Rogers Harley Davidson, Concord NC.  They have been treating me very well and helping out all along the way.

You would think that $35,000 would but you a flawless vehicle but hey, if it all gets taken care of in the end, I'm good.

99c5pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange!!
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »

What flaws have you found? I just picked up a Citrus SG but have 20 inches of snow in Denver and can't ride..... What should I be looking for?
99c5pilot - 2012 CVO Street Glide - Citrus Orange
Castle Rock, Colorado & Wasilla, Alaska

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »

Well, one is definitely not the fault of the build process.  During shipping, the front fairing was struck by something, causing a couple of TINY scratches (probably would not have even noticed if the dealer hadn't of pointing it out)  New Fairing was already ordered upon purchasing the bike.

Second is what looks like a thumbprint in the paint on the rear of one of the saddlebags.  At first I thought it was a grease smudge as it was not wanting to come off with a easy wipe from a soft cloth.  When I washed the bike 2 days ago, I realized it wasn't coming off because it was UNDER the clearcoat.  Took it up to the dealer, they looked at it, spoke with the MoCo, and told me it would be covered and a new saddlebag would be ordered on Monday!

The speaker in the right saddlebag is not 100% sealed and leaked a little water into the bag when I washed it.  Not sure if the saddlebags are supposed to be "Water Tight" , but with the little bit of water that leaked around the speaker, I am not too terribly concerned.  I do plan to follow up with the dealer again on this one.

There is a small scratch on the heat shield where the 2 pieces meet near the end of the floorboard.  Again, the scratch is barely noticeable so I am not real distraught about it.

Other than that, I wish they had paid a little more attention to detail when they "detailed" it prior to pick up.  There was still some glue from the shipping tape on the passenger pegs, front fender and lowers, but that all came off fairly easily.

Overall, I am very satisfied and the fact that the dealer is taking care of everything is saving me from having to be a real A-Hole.

Yeah, its a bit disappointing to spend that kind of money and not have perfection, but I guess you can never take the human factor out of things.  And since these bikes do not roll off their own line anymore, I am sure they have lost some of their Perfectiveness (yea, just made that word up!  LOL)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Without question, this bike is amazing!!!  I am so glad I made the plunge to invest is such and incredible machine!!  I will say, that I have found a few flaws in the manufacturing, but HD has agreed to correct all under warranty, with no cost to me.  I have to give a little plug here to Pat Rogers Harley Davidson, Concord NC.  They have been treating me very well and helping out all along the way.

You would think that $35,000 would but you a flawless vehicle but hey, if it all gets taken care of in the end, I'm good.

Sorry to hear you had some minor defects.  Glad to hear that the MoCo is stepping up and replacing everything.  It doesn't matter what you pay, nothing is perfect.  You can pay $125000 for a Mercedes and it won't be perfect.  Just sayin'.....

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

rrussow

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »

Nice bike CVOmedic.  I was extremely happy when I bought my 2010 CVO SG and approximately $10-15K later, I am loving it even more.  When it comes time for me to sell/trade, someone is going to be getting a great deal.

Enjoy!

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »

Nice bike CVO Medic, I've bought three bikes at P.R.'s Speedway HD. Mostly good experiance, had one service issue but they made good on it. Hope to see ya around town. Be safe and enjoy the new glide. :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »

Really a sweet ride you have there,,  enjoy!!
 :2vrolijk_21:

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 06:03:40 AM »

If i knew they were going to run the street glide CVO for three years I definitely would have waited.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 09:02:53 AM »

I was wondering if the speakers on the saddle bags would be water tight and for how long?
Hawg

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

Sweet looking ride!!!  Glad MoCo is stepping up and replacing things!!!
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 25 queries.