Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: police traffic cop...can you do this?  (Read 8903 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: police traffic cop...can you do this?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:27 PM »

Bike's still at Jim's or I'd be out there practicing this weekend.  That's some pretty skillful riding! 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »

Bike's still at Jim's or I'd be out there practicing this weekend.  That's some pretty skillful riding!
What did the clutch problem turn out to be Ken?

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 12:13:23 AM »

Not sure yet. He's rebuilding the entire hydraulic system. All the seals for the reservoir, slave cylinder and the master cylinder. 

The bike has had some pretty hard service the last three years; with parades, PGR missions, daily riding and two up touring under full load.  I can't complain, except for my lack of maintaining the DOT 4 fluid properly.  That's on me, nobody else.  Lesson learned. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:40:09 PM by Eagle Eye »
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 06:28:39 AM »

Damn good rider! Looks like fun, but no way would I want to put my clutch through all that.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »

While there might be suspension mods (I.e., upgraded dampers), it looks like a stock RKP to me (muffler baffles have been obviously modded) He's sitting higher because police models come with the pedestal mounted sprung solo air seat and the stock bars keep you ideally leaning slightly forward, just like on the std RK.

If you're having trouble with side-to-side transitions, your solution begins and ends with HEAD TURNS! Want an extreme tight turn? Head over your shoulder in that direction...and keep it turning further as you turn further! Want fast transitions? The sooner you turn your head, the sooner your turn begins!

Of course the bars must follow the head turns! Counter-weighting may help you to get to full-lock and/or to dragging the boards consistently

Friction zone/throttle problems? You're in the sweet spot in the friction zone when moderate throttle variation no longer affects vehicle speed...just don't remove power to the rear wheel by closing the throttle or squeezing in the clutch. Ride Like A Pro's founder Jerry "Motorman" Palladino demo's offset slow cone weaves with ONE hand: locked throttle, LH modulating the clutch and RH on his mic describing what he's doing!

Dragging the rear brake helps stabilize the bike and helps control speed in addition to the friction zone by providing  an opposing force to the forward motion of the bike.

How do I know all this? I'm a skilled and practiced MSF RiderCoach that specializes in ERC's (BRCIi) and ARC's (sport bike course). 30yrs in the saddle, 10 as an R/C. I'm a grad of RLAP and was trained by Motorman and his wife. Many of my riding buddies and co-R/C's are MO's and/or MO Trainers. Two MO trainer buddies run NJRLAP, and I can hang with them easily.

To do what you see in the vid and be competitive in a police MO rodeo requires an obsessive desire and dedication to practice, practice, practice an inordinate number of hours. You will drop the bike, and you will burn-up clutches!

That's a helluva lot of info  :nixweiss:
My favorite color is chrome

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »

How about the Seattle Cossacks , www.seattlecossacks.com   on old 45s, not to "threadjack" BUT
  We got to see them at a Nat HOG rally in Knoxville a few years back, very cool to watch !!
My favorite color is chrome

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »

How about the Seattle Cossacks , www.seattlecossacks.com   on old 45s, not to "threadjack" BUT
  We got to see them at a Nat HOG rally in Knoxville a few years back, very cool to watch !!
Very cool, that would be a fun show to see

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »

I have started practicing at the school parking lot and have scraped the boards once or twice while riding two up.  I feel like I am getting better but a long ways to go.

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »

I have started practicing at the school parking lot and have scraped the boards once or twice while riding two up.  I feel like I am getting better but a long ways to go.

:2vrolijk_21:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »

What amazes me is the speed.

You can't turn that sharp going slow....and that is what I have the most trouble with...committing to  sharp turn at that rate of speed.  :'( :'( :'(

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »

Switch Back Semi!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.