Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headers  (Read 668 times)

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
Headers
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:11:33 AM »

I was in my local Harley Store the other day and asked them about headers on a new Harley. I had heard that after Harley settled their lawsuit with the EPA that they would void the warranty on any bike that had the catalytic converter removed. My local shop said that this used to be true but now if you use a “ Harley” approved header and a Harley Tuner the warranty is still good.  Anyone else ever hear this. I like the sound and performance of headers verses just putting slipons on

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Headers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:38:01 AM »

I was in my local Harley Store the other day and asked them about headers on a new Harley. I had heard that after Harley settled their lawsuit with the EPA that they would void the warranty on any bike that had the catalytic converter removed. My local shop said that this used to be true but now if you use a “ Harley” approved header and a Harley Tuner the warranty is still good.  Anyone else ever hear this. I like the sound and performance of headers verses just putting slipons on
HD has a performance exhaust that moves the cats into the mufflers instead of the headers. Using that setup along with the HD tuner, you're good with the warranty.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.