Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Street tuner questions  (Read 711 times)

Jordan1200

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

SE Street tuner questions
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »

Well I did my first tune session with SE pro Street tuner and have a few questions.

1) During the initial tune flash, The software detected my bike no problem. In the training video it says to select your O2 sensor, if I didn't manually select it, What effect will that have if any?

2) During my street tune session, I was starting and stopping the VCI recording to not fill the buffer with things like idling at light for too long. I was actually surprised the software said I had 30 minutes of recording time.. Now the question sorry..
When I reconnected the VCI and tried to update the ECU it had a connection issue so I restarted the import process. It detected the VCI recordings automatically and I went through the process I believe without issue. How can I tell that all my recordings were imported and flashed to the ECU?

3) If I wanted to start from scratch, and refreshed the base map,would it reset all fuel information stored in the Street tuner software? If not, how can I accomplish that?
2010 Street Glide 96" (Canadian edition)
S&S 106 Big Bore
Stage 2 ACR Heads
Fueling Oil Pump
Fueling Cam plate and
Fueling 543 Gear Drive cams
Supertrapp Supermeg 2 into 1 Exhaust

2019CVONH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

Re: SE Street tuner questions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »

Well I did my first tune session with SE pro Street tuner and have a few questions.

1) During the initial tune flash, The software detected my bike no problem. In the training video it says to select your O2 sensor, if I didn't manually select it, What effect will that have if any?

2) During my street tune session, I was starting and stopping the VCI recording to not fill the buffer with things like idling at light for too long. I was actually surprised the software said I had 30 minutes of recording time.. Now the question sorry..
When I reconnected the VCI and tried to update the ECU it had a connection issue so I restarted the import process. It detected the VCI recordings automatically and I went through the process I believe without issue. How can I tell that all my recordings were imported and flashed to the ECU?

3) If I wanted to start from scratch, and refreshed the base map,would it reset all fuel information stored in the Street tuner software? If not, how can I accomplish that?

1. If you didn't select your O2 sensor, it would default to narrow band. There are some that say to tune it with narrow and run it with wide band and auto tune.
2. You would have two entries in the log. Original and the one you uploaded. Should have two different times and the data would be different as far as tables.
3. Your first initial read of the ECU grabs the original mapping on the ECU and stores it in a read only register. This register cannot be written to or written over. Always keeping your original tune safe. Any other tune you recorded / uploaded would be in register 2 and above.

To start over perse you would select your original map and upload it to the bike. You can then do this all over again and you can save it to register 3 or over write it to register 2.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.