Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384620 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #2880 on: March 26, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »

Hey Don,

Congrats on Brindle.

Greyhounds are fast friends

Cool that she's a rescue dog

:2vrolijk_21:

Wife & I almost got another Dal to keep Dr Zeus company but the shelter said the one up for adoption needed to be in a single dog home. Dals are needy and I guess this one (Tango) was especially needy. FYI, they don't pester you for attention, they just stay very close.

For anyone looking for a Dalmatian, Tango is full on Dal. 5 years old and after nearly starving to death, coming back very well. Loves to run You can see pictures of him on the Dalmatian Rescue of Southern California website.   

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:16:26 PM by Spiderman »

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #2881 on: March 26, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »

Only one persistent issue so far.  She's a little gassy....  ???
She will fit right in, I take it.  Glad to hear that you will have a great companion around the office.  Congrats Senior Don (aka Taco Lover)  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2882 on: March 26, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

Thanks Brian, thanks Greg.  Have already learned one slightly unexpected difference between the Italian Greyhounds and the big one.  The big one tolerates cool weather much better.  Dizzy couldn't go on our walks with temps much below 50.  That took sweater.  Brindle has been out in the yard for 15--20 minute stretches in high 30 degree temps today without getting the shivers.  So when it hit 45 just a bit ago decided to see how she'd do on a leash.

For a first time on a walk she did very well.  Didn't try to lead too much but didn't understand that crossing in front of me would trip us both.  She got the hang of it quickly though.  Only issue is that she's just never done much of it before.  Her stamina isn't what you'd hope for.  After about six blocks of consistent walking at a decent pace she was done.  She's also a bit tender footed so the sidewalk wasn't her friend. 

Those things will change though.  Just playing in the yard and slowly extending our walks will aid her stamina and toughen up her feet.  She'll get getter slowly as time goes by. 

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #2883 on: March 26, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »

Don, Brindle needs a sandwich!lol I like the brindle color. Looks very happy on the new big dog pillow.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #2884 on: April 03, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

Before

Archie sure has came a long way from when we adopted him
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2885 on: April 03, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »

After the take down

Zoey the slobber head  ;D

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #2886 on: April 03, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

Archie and Zoey are a great pair, even shared their bone-bones with Ruthie and Peeka

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2887 on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:08 PM »

Everyone's lined up for a cookie   :2vrolijk_21:
Archie, Zoey, Ruthie and Peeka 

Sharkbiker

« Reply #2888 on: April 05, 2013, 08:40:16 AM »

My 2-year old Silver Lab "Forrest" with my Bichon "Izzy" in the background.  Izzy is the bitch of the household and rules the lab.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2889 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »

My 2-year old Silver Lab "Forrest" with my Bichon "Izzy" in the background.  Izzy is the bitch of the household and rules the lab.

Nothing like a "Bitchy Bichon"  :'(
But she is so adorable!  Look at that cute little face standing guard over your beautiful Lab.   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2890 on: April 07, 2013, 11:13:10 AM »

Thanks Brian, thanks Greg.  Have already learned one slightly unexpected difference between the Italian Greyhounds and the big one.  The big one tolerates cool weather much better.  Dizzy couldn't go on our walks with temps much below 50.  That took sweater.  Brindle has been out in the yard for 15--20 minute stretches in high 30 degree temps today without getting the shivers.  So when it hit 45 just a bit ago decided to see how she'd do on a leash.

For a first time on a walk she did very well.  Didn't try to lead too much but didn't understand that crossing in front of me would trip us both.  She got the hang of it quickly though.  Only issue is that she's just never done much of it before.  Her stamina isn't what you'd hope for.  After about six blocks of consistent walking at a decent pace she was done.  She's also a bit tender footed so the sidewalk wasn't her friend. 

Those things will change though.  Just playing in the yard and slowly extending our walks will aid her stamina and toughen up her feet.  She'll get getter slowly as time goes by. 

Shug was different in that regard...he came pretty much straight from the track, so had HUGE muscles in his upper legs, particularly his rear haunches.  Feet were tender though.  It really is a joy to see them running just for the sheer joy of running instead of chasing something fake on a track.  He used to love it down at my friends lake house when the water was down...the soil was sandy/clay and he could fly like the wind on that surface.  They are not known for their stamina though...after about 5 minutes of running like that, he was ready for the couch again.  He would do OK outside with the Terriers (different ones back then) down to about 45 degrees if he had a nice bed to snuggle into.  Colder than that...I found the Fido Fleece jackets to be the easiest to put on and least restrictive.  All my current dogs have one of their jackets.  Very warm and they soon learn to step right into it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2891 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »

He would do OK outside with the Terriers (different ones back then) down to about 45 degrees if he had a nice bed to snuggle into.  Colder than that...I found the Fido Fleece jackets to be the easiest to put on and least restrictive.  All my current dogs have one of their jackets.  Very warm and they soon learn to step right into it.

Brin so far has been surprisingly cool weathe resilient TC.  Much more than I expected.  Hasn't shivered or shown signs of much discomfort in temps to about 40.  Warmer weather is actually harder on her so far.  We can go for walks in 50 degree weather and she's good for a couple miles.  In 75 degree weather she's showing signs of getting gassed after 7-8 blocks.  It's getting a little better as she plays in the yard more.  But damn this dog can rest.  Plop, stretch, down for the count!  Carpet or couch and she's as content as one dog could possibly be.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2892 on: April 07, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »

Brin so far has been surprisingly cool weathe resilient TC.  Much more than I expected.  Hasn't shivered or shown signs of much discomfort in temps to about 40.  Warmer weather is actually harder on her so far.  We can go for walks in 50 degree weather and she's good for a couple miles.  In 75 degree weather she's showing signs of getting gassed after 7-8 blocks.  It's getting a little better as she plays in the yard more.  But damn this dog can rest.  Plop, stretch, down for the count!  Carpet or couch and she's as content as one dog could possibly be.

Yea...they are lazy.   :huepfenlol2:  Perfectly happy to stretch out on the carpet and especially the couch.  A lot of folks think they would be hyper, and they are anything but.  Big babies, and very sensitive to scolding.  They know where they are in space too, unlike some other large dogs.  Graceful would be the word, I think.  They can fart like pack mules though, especially if they eat a food that has a lot of corn as filler.  I fed Flint River Ranch and still do...cuts down on the gas, and is an excellent food. Have to order it on line though.  Glad Brin has found a good forever home... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #2893 on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »

If ya love dogs, You will love this guy. Amazing, lots of training for sure but what a fun dog.
Hopefully it hasn't been posted here before

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2894 on: April 23, 2013, 01:55:41 AM »

We have a new family member...meet Eddie

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 229

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.