Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384630 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #1635 on: October 04, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »

Again...Duane, thank you for the work you do with the Goldens, and hope you find a great home for this guy!  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #1636 on: October 04, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »

Don't need a dictionary. If the comment was made to arouse emotions it's flaming. If you want to discuss it give me a PM. You talk to the talk about how you dislike all the political things, but that post wasn't walking the walk.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

It was not made to arouse emotions. It was just staing a known fact. I guess because I'd prefer this place to be about motorcycles and their technical and social aspects, and stated same publicly, then I'm not permitted any political opinions! Maybe I'll stick to that since mine vary so much from some others around here. But there's breaking the rules, and there's cencorship. You walk that fine line. That's your job. But ya don't always get it right!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1637 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »

It was not made to arouse emotions. It was just staing a known fact. I guess because I'd prefer this place to be about motorcycles and their technical and social aspects, and stated same publicly, then I'm not permitted any political opinions! Maybe I'll stick to that since mine vary so much from some others around here. But there's breaking the rules, and there's cencorship. You walk that fine line. That's your job. But ya don't always get it right!

Hoist! 8)
I guess nobody is perfect we just try to do the best we can. Have a great day. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #1638 on: October 04, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »

I would love to have a dog, grew up with one that I loved as if it were my own but, i know our lifestyle, and it would be mistreating one knowing that Anne and I work too many hours to treat a dog the way it should be treated.

So we have Brisco, loves us, hates all others, can be left alone a day or two even with his required thyroid medicine.  The petsitter, works at the vet, said he has his good days and not so good days when she comes over while on we are vacation.

he was so happy to see me monday...I did not get a good nights sleep.

Kathy, Anne wanted me to pass on that I took Brisco to the vet today.  The vet said it went ok, so that was good enough for me...but not enuf facts for Anne!

I should have learned from Brian and had them write everything down!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #1639 on: October 04, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

I guess nobody is perfect we just try to do the best we can. Have a great day. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I know that better than most! You too Gary! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1640 on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »

Again...Duane, thank you for the work you do with the Goldens, and hope you find a great home for this guy!  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks, we do our best.

Right now we have a friend over and staying the night (Howie - read that as no Binx party). She brought along two of her Golden rescues. One has a pretty interesting history.

Google Golden Retriever and Pam

http://landofpuregold.com/polar.htm
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1641 on: October 04, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »

I would love to have a dog, grew up with one that I loved as if it were my own but, i know our lifestyle, and it would be mistreating one knowing that Anne and I work too many hours to treat a dog the way it should be treated.

So we have Brisco, loves us, hates all others, can be left alone a day or two even with his required thyroid medicine.  The petsitter, works at the vet, said he has his good days and not so good days when she comes over while on we are vacation.

he was so happy to see me monday...I did not get a good nights sleep.

Kathy, Anne wanted me to pass on that I took Brisco to the vet today.  The vet said it went ok, so that was good enough for me...but not enuf facts for Anne!

I should have learned from Brian and had them write everything down!

/Bill

Yup, us "mom's" need to know the details about our babies! Have ya'll ever posted a pic of Brisco, I'd love to see her or is it him, I can't remember.

Duane,.

He is a beautiful dog!! I don't think you will have any problems finding him a home.  I commend you both on the work that you do. I would be like Deb and want to keep every one of them. It's so horrible what people do to animals and children for that matter.

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1642 on: October 05, 2008, 07:29:53 PM »

CVO Pit.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #1643 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:05 PM »

Looks like he hit the wall at about 50mph. :huepfenlol2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

harleydiva

« Reply #1644 on: October 06, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »

Could you do this?

It is a rhetorical question, as I know everyone here would not.

As some of you know, we do Golden Retriever Rescue work.

While I was in Maggie Valley my wife got a call about a Golden who was abandoned in North Jersey.

Turns out this pup is not 100% Golden (one of our requirements) but she pulled him from the shelter anyway.

Estimates are he is between 8-12 years old.

Obviously housetrained, walks great on a leash and has the sweetest temperament. We are in the process now of having blood work done along with a few of our normal procedures. His inital vet visit is promising.

He was terribly matted, smells awful, teeth are thoroughly disgusting and could hardly walk.

After cutting out many urine soaked mats he is able to walk quite fine.

At only 36 pounds he is a tiny one, but what a sweetheart.

How could anyone keep a dog for so long and then just abandoned them, it is very sad.

I don't think his sight or hearing is very good, but when he heard my neighbor the other day (sitting in his car while taking to my wife) the pup perked up and nearly dragged my wife to their house. It is obvious the dog relates to our neighbors voice and is probably thinking "hey my master came back for me"

It is so hard wondering what goes through the minds of the dogs we work with, being dumped, maybe abused, thrown in a shelter, if lucky adopted out or picked up by a rescue group. And even if a rescue group comes along typically one person will evaluate and pull the dog, then to a foster home and then hopefully to a forever home. It has to be so confusing to the animals.

We are trying to figure out why this guy is eating dirt in the yard. Best guess is he went long enough without food (he is underweight even for his size) that even dirt tasted good.

What a sweetie.  When Terry brought Matrix home, it was obvious that he had been abused and perhaps a street dog.  He wouldn't touch dry dog food and it took a few days for him to start eating.  I think he was eating off the street or table scraps from his former owners.  Now he inhales his food. 

Matrix seems so grateful to have a home.  He puts his head on Terry's knee and looks at him with such love. 

harleydiva

« Reply #1645 on: October 06, 2008, 12:28:27 AM »

Our work although very rewarding is very sad and at times emotional.The 3 fosters we had this past year came close to never leaving. My wife fell in love with each of them.

I really admire what you and your wife are doing for these animals.   :)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1646 on: October 06, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »

I really admire what you and your wife are doing for these animals.   :)

Just our little part to give back
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #1647 on: October 06, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »

Could you do this?

It is a rhetorical question, as I know everyone here would not.

As some of you know, we do Golden Retriever Rescue work.

While I was in Maggie Valley my wife got a call about a Golden who was abandoned in North Jersey.

Turns out this pup is not 100% Golden (one of our requirements) but she pulled him from the shelter anyway.

Estimates are he is between 8-12 years old.

Obviously housetrained, walks great on a leash and has the sweetest temperament. We are in the process now of having blood work done along with a few of our normal procedures. His inital vet visit is promising.

He was terribly matted, smells awful, teeth are thoroughly disgusting and could hardly walk.

After cutting out many urine soaked mats he is able to walk quite fine.

At only 36 pounds he is a tiny one, but what a sweetheart.

How could anyone keep a dog for so long and then just abandoned them, it is very sad.

I don't think his sight or hearing is very good, but when he heard my neighbor the other day (sitting in his car while taking to my wife) the pup perked up and nearly dragged my wife to their house. It is obvious the dog relates to our neighbors voice and is probably thinking "hey my master came back for me"

It is so hard wondering what goes through the minds of the dogs we work with, being dumped, maybe abused, thrown in a shelter, if lucky adopted out or picked up by a rescue group. And even if a rescue group comes along typically one person will evaluate and pull the dog, then to a foster home and then hopefully to a forever home. It has to be so confusing to the animals.

We are trying to figure out why this guy is eating dirt in the yard. Best guess is he went long enough without food (he is underweight even for his size) that even dirt tasted good.

Thank you for helping those animals There is a special place in heaven for those who help , and I firmly believe there is a very special place in HELL for those who harm animals
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

REGGAB

« Reply #1648 on: October 11, 2008, 10:37:10 PM »

Irresistible shot of the CVO Boxers as they lounge during the Charlotte race this evening.  They're full, all three got to chomp on a T-Bone after supper, they're warm, and comfortable.

Damn, it sucks to be a CVO Boxer!   :)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1649 on: October 14, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »

Irresistible shot of the CVO Boxers as they lounge during the Charlotte race this evening.  They're full, all three got to chomp on a T-Bone after supper, they're warm, and comfortable.

Damn, it sucks to be a CVO Boxer!   :)

HOW CUTE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 229

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.