Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384712 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #1965 on: January 22, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

this was sent to me by a friend. i do not have a dog at this time but truly understand the meaning. :2vrolijk_21:

TN

Subject: Just a Dog

From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog.”

Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog.” Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog,” but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog,” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a dog,” then you will probably understand phases like “just a friend,” “just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.” “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

“Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a human.”

So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog.” just smile, because they “just don’t understand.”

anyone who has had a dog should know exactley what this means
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1966 on: January 22, 2009, 02:06:17 PM »

anyone who has had a dog should know exactley what this means

Or even better, anyone who has paid cash for a surgery on a dog not knowing if it will be successful or not.......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #1967 on: January 22, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »

been there done that, would do it again
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1968 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »

That's because he's just your dog

Done the same twice for the same dog and would gladly do it again.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1969 on: January 22, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »

Sent this to my cousin who has a miniature Dachshund named Joey for his best friend who passed away a few years ago.

Joey would always say, "when I die, I just want to come back as one of your and Nancy's dogs."

My cousin said he feels the same way as the writer and that's why he believes dog is God spelled backwards.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #1970 on: January 22, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

Or even better, anyone who has paid cash for a surgery on a dog not knowing if it will be successful or not.......
My old malamute was run over by a truck and broke his back. I drove him up to Davis medical center and was told for $5500. they would attempt to screw a metal plate in his back but he had only a 10% chance of walking again. I had them do the operation and stayed with him for 3 days. They were so worried about him they kept him in the surgery room the whole time. Pretty creepy visiting him, always animals on the surgery tables. He came through fine and lived another 6 years. Couldn't pull any sleds but made it to 14 1/2 years.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #1971 on: January 22, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »

Yep....  more than once...  would do it again in a second!    :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

REGGAB

« Reply #1972 on: January 26, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »

PLEASE.......Prayers and thoughts for our senior CVO Boxer, Annie Bea, are needed tonight.  She had a mild seizure at 7pm.  Just returned from the emergency vet.  Blood work, anti-convulsive meds, and an IV bag seemed to have brightened her up and made her nose cold and wet again.  We're going to bring her to our regular vet for observation tomorrow.  At 10 years and 4 months, she's getting up there for a Boxer.  Add to her age, the two times she has beaten cancer.  Pretty scary.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:05:03 AM by HML »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #1973 on: January 26, 2009, 01:04:07 AM »

Henry, nothing but good thoughts for your dog. Good luck tomorrow.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #1974 on: January 26, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Annie Bea, Henry.  Let us know how she is doing....  God Bless...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #1975 on: January 26, 2009, 07:11:03 PM »

PLEASE.......Prayers and thoughts for our senior CVO Boxer, Annie Bea, are needed tonight.  She had a mild seizure at 7pm.  Just returned from the emergency vet.  Blood work, anti-convulsive meds, and an IV bag seemed to have brightened her up and made her nose cold and wet again.  We're going to bring her to our regular vet for observation tomorrow.  At 10 years and 4 months, she's getting up there for a Boxer.  Add to her age, the two times she has beaten cancer.  Pretty scary.
Hope she is doing better today! :(

REGGAB

« Reply #1976 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:09 PM »

Henry, nothing but good thoughts for your dog. Good luck tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Annie Bea, Henry.  Let us know how she is doing....  God Bless...

Hope she is doing better today! :(

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Annie Bea has Pancreatitis.  Evidently we caught it early.  Renea brought her to our vet at 7am this morning.  She'll spend this evening, all day tomorrow, and likely tomorrow night with our vet.  She went through two bags of Ringers today......along with some meds, and will likely get the same tomorrow.  Otherwise, NPO.  Effectively, her Pancreas is getting two days off with hopes to calm the inflammation.  She'll likely be on some pretty bland food initially (steamed rice and chicken) followed by one of the prescription formulas from Science Diet.

Renea and I visited her today, and took her for a walk.  She appears to be feeling much better.......but had that "hungry" look.

As an aside, Springer has developed what appear to be two Histiocytomas.  One is on his lower right cheek, and one is in the middle of his outer right thigh.  We've taken countless numbers of these "pencil erasers" off of our Boxers over the years and have been fortunate with benign Pathology.  He goes in on Wednesday for consult.

Little Evo is tipping the scales at a whopping 30 pounds.  She has fully recovered from her spay, and is constantly getting into trouble............as any Boxer should be.   :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:52:02 PM by HML »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #1977 on: January 26, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »

Henry,
Hope everything works out for Annie Bea and she comes home soon.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1978 on: January 26, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

our idiot eating the p-nut butter...

If you don't watch him, he eats the label

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #1979 on: January 26, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

our idiot eating the p-nut butter...

If you don't watch him, he eats the label

I love dogs and peanut butter.  My Italian Greyhound, with it's long mouth, just loves the stuff.  So as a treat once a month or so will scoop out a nice spoon full.  And smear it in the top of her mouth for her.  And, of course, it sticks.  And she licks and she licks and she licks and she drools and she licks and she drools.  Takes her a sloppy mess half hour to finally get it all cleaned up.  Simple fun...  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 229

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.