Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384626 times)

REGGAB

Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #1980 on: January 28, 2009, 01:16:30 AM »

The Bea Girl is still in the hospital, but is doing much, much better.  Still on IV hydration and meds.  Hopefully she gets to come home later today.  Renea tells me the Doctor gave her some bland food yesterday.  Annie Bea scarfed it down and kept it down.  X-Rays of her abdomen look good.  We're going to discuss an abdominal MRI later today.  We'll have to travel to Birmingham to undergo that exam.  It will be great to have her back home.   :)

REGGAB

« Reply #1981 on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:22 PM »

Annie Bea is home.  Heck I just got home myself.  Renea picked her up earlier this afternoon.  Didn't want to wake Renea, so I have no idea what we're gonna do about the MRI, or if we're gonna do it at all.  Checked the fridge.  My guess is the boiled chicken and steamed white rice is Annie Bea's "bland" diet for the next however long.  She's sleeping too, along with the other Boxers.  Awful quiet in the house when I come home on a school night.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #1982 on: January 29, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »

Always good to have them back home!

REGGAB

« Reply #1983 on: January 31, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »

Always good to have them back home!

Yessir!  It sure is!  Annie Bea has been out in the back yard playing with the other two CVO Boxers and laying in the sun all day.  She's acting like a puppy again.  She does very well for an old Girl.  Here's a picture of her taken just a few minutes ago.  Note both of her forelegs were shaved for IV therapy.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1984 on: February 06, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

Hey Henry glad to see all is working out.

Last week my rescue girl was acting kind of weird at 5am when I got up for work. Pacing panting wanting to go outside (unusual this early), also peed on the kitchen floor (accidents are rare) let her out and she was scouting the yard looking for grass (snow covered). She finally found one of my wife's plants (grass like).

She came in after a bit and seemed OK.

By mid afternoon my wife called me in a panic that she thinks Molly has bloat.

If you haven't done any research on bloat and you have dogs, especially bigger ones YOU NEED TO RESEARCH IT NOW!

Bloat can be fatal from mere minutes to a few hours and can be a painful death.

Deb took her to the vet (you should call first and let them know you are bringing in a possible "bloat" victim).

And true to the symptoms they dropped everything as soon as she walked through the door to start the exam.

Xrays (several series) - IV's-  meds TLC and a day later I picked her up with what appeared to be only a food bloat. Didn't make sense until we checked the food bin. Since we were going away for 6 days I had filled it to the top so our neighbors wouldn't have to search for food while we gone.

Best guess is Molly figured out how to open the lid and eat what appears to be 10-12 cups or more of dry food, plus her normal morning ration of 2 cups!

So, we can't leave a dog on meds and bland diet (boiled chicken and rice) with a new feed schedule of 4 times a day instead of 2 with our neighbors, so Deb got to miss out on 6 days in sunny near freezing Florida.

$985 for our little "piglet".

Little more emphasis on the "bloat" if you haven't researched it do it now!
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #1985 on: February 06, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

CVO pet :  May he r.i.p

His name was RIPP

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1986 on: February 06, 2009, 05:33:53 PM »

CVO pet :  May he r.i.p

His name was RIPP

Marty

He certainly loved the water!!  Looks like a pretty good bud.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #1987 on: February 06, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »

His name was RIPP

Must be a Golden going after a tenny in the water (instead of an Irish).

Have you tried a rescue group for another?

MV 2013

REGGAB

« Reply #1988 on: February 06, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »

Hey Henry glad to see all is working out.

Last week my rescue girl was acting kind of weird at 5am when I got up for work. Pacing panting wanting to go outside (unusual this early), also peed on the kitchen floor (accidents are rare) let her out and she was scouting the yard looking for grass (snow covered). She finally found one of my wife's plants (grass like).

She came in after a bit and seemed OK.

By mid afternoon my wife called me in a panic that she thinks Molly has bloat.

If you haven't done any research on bloat and you have dogs, especially bigger ones YOU NEED TO RESEARCH IT NOW!

Bloat can be fatal from mere minutes to a few hours and can be a painful death.

Deb took her to the vet (you should call first and let them know you are bringing in a possible "bloat" victim).

And true to the symptoms they dropped everything as soon as she walked through the door to start the exam.

Xrays (several series) - IV's-  meds TLC and a day later I picked her up with what appeared to be only a food bloat. Didn't make sense until we checked the food bin. Since we were going away for 6 days I had filled it to the top so our neighbors wouldn't have to search for food while we gone.

Best guess is Molly figured out how to open the lid and eat what appears to be 10-12 cups or more of dry food, plus her normal morning ration of 2 cups!

So, we can't leave a dog on meds and bland diet (boiled chicken and rice) with a new feed schedule of 4 times a day instead of 2 with our neighbors, so Deb got to miss out on 6 days in sunny near freezing Florida.

$985 for our little "piglet".

Little more emphasis on the "bloat" if you haven't researched it do it now!

Bloat and Boxers go together like...........tumors and Boxers.  BTDTGTTS.  Best Blessing to you and your Kiddo.  When it comes to our furkidz, money is no object.  Only the best for them.

Annie Bea is thriving..........even on her bland diet.  Lost some weight too.  Got her "tuck up" back.  Not bad for an old Girl. 

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #1989 on: February 06, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »

The boss's Irish Setter "bloated up",not sure if it is the same thing but the Vet inserted a long needle through her abdomen into her stomach to relieve the pressure. Massaged the stomach back into position and she came out fine. Often it's hard to tell when your ball of fur is sick until it's almost too late, they handle pain pretty well.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #1990 on: February 06, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »

The boss's Irish Setter "bloated up",not sure if it is the same thing but the Vet inserted a long needle through her abdomen into her stomach to relieve the pressure. Massaged the stomach back into position and she came out fine. Often it's hard to tell when your ball of fur is sick until it's almost too late, they handle pain pretty well.

Yep, same thing.

Bloat can be food or "air bound". both can be deadly. Dogs have a stomach that is supported at each end and it can roll around twist etc. That is the life and death problem, the stomach twisting in the abdominal cavity.

36% of dogs with bloat (twist) and make a quick visit to the vet do not survive!

MV 2013

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1991 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:33 AM »

Hey Henry and Duane,

Glad to hear things are working out for the family members.

Sorry I ddin't catch this sooner.

Our Annie had a thyroid issue about a year ago and for an eleven year old she is now filled with energy and having lost weight to get down from nearly 90 lbs to an acceptable 70 with the girlish boxer figure.

Both Annie and Harley send their best to Annie Bea and Molly:

REGGAB

« Reply #1992 on: February 07, 2009, 03:57:02 AM »

Hey Henry and Duane,

Glad to hear things are working out for the family members.

Sorry I ddin't catch this sooner.

Our Annie had a thyroid issue about a year ago and for an eleven year old she is now filled with energy and having lost weight to get down from nearly 90 lbs to an acceptable 70 with the girlish boxer figure.

Both Annie and Harley send their best to Annie Bea and Molly:

Thanks Roger.  Annie Bea was started on Soloxine (thyroid).  That, along with her bland chicken and rice, and she's gettin' her figure back too............and her bounce.  She plays with the pups, and makes them keep up with her now.............of course, her favorite thing to do.........and what she is really good at..........is being a couch potato.

Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie

• CVO1: FXTSSE3- Black and Emerald Green Ice
« Reply #1993 on: February 07, 2009, 08:09:50 AM »

I have two chocolate labs. They are 2 months apart~ both 3 and a half year old now.  :drink: Don't ever, EVER get 2 puppie 2 months apart... like twins with fur.  :oops:

This is NESTLE (dark chocolate color lab)
Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie

Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie

• CVO1: FXTSSE3- Black and Emerald Green Ice
« Reply #1994 on: February 07, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »

I have two chocolate labs. They are 2 months apart~ both 3 and a half year old now.  :drink: Don't ever, EVER get 2 puppie 2 months apart... like twins with fur.  :oops:

This is KLONDIKE (lighter colored) my boy. Nestle is a female.
Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 229

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.