Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384717 times)

billyo2222

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 cobalt blue/black traded
    • CVO2: 10 captain sesg sold
    • CVO3: 09 rocker c (not cvo) but custom to me!
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #2355 on: February 27, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

and our new blue dane harley!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2356 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »

Introducing "Chance" our latest Doberman Pup....yes pup this photo was over Christmas vacation on the ride to Florida he was 6 month's then. Now at 8 month's he is up to 85 lbs and struggling to accept he is no longer a lap dog.  :- )
What a great looking animal, is this your first Doberman?
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2357 on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2358 on: February 27, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »

and our new blue Dane Harley!!
Looks almost like a little angel when asleep, love those Danes.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #2359 on: February 27, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

What a great looking animal, is this your first Doberman?

5th dobe actually......love the breed but haven't had as good of luck on longevity as you. All from well known breeders too..........lost our last male over the summer to DCM at only 5.5 years old.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2360 on: February 27, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »

Another photo of 'Chance' on New Smyrna Beach at the Ponce Inlet.  Had my hands full that day as he wanted to get in to water after the pelican's and Dolphins swimming by.  :- )

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2361 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »

5th dobe actually......love the breed but haven't had as good of luck on longevity as you. All from well known breeders too..........lost our last male over the summer to DCM at only 5.5 years old.
We have had 4, only one as a pup, the others were rescues anywere from 3 to 9 years of age, had a lot of trouble with wobbler's with the last three, used Dr. Durkee's in Marion Indiana for Gold bead implants.  Extended their lives but I have to say losing one is like losing a family member.  My wife and I swear this is our last, but I really cannot imagine coming home to a house without a Dobe in it.  When my wife and I got together over 30 years ago, you could not have paid me to have a dog in the house, it appears I am the one now that always wants another.

When Zeus goes on, it is going to be the hardest thing we have ever done since we do not plan to have another.  Only time will tell.

Beautiful animals.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2362 on: February 28, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »

Another photo of 'Chance' on New Smyrna Beach at the Ponce Inlet.  Had my hands full that day as he wanted to get in to water after the pelican's and Dolphins swimming by.  :- )
Zeus 1, our Dobe that had cancer loved the water, we had a place in Florida and when we took him in the car and got close to the beach he would cry to get out.  Had a 40 foot lead I would put him on and go out in the water with him and let him swim.  He would dive down and bring up conch shells and rocks.  Some A hole stole the conch shell from the front of our place, wish I could have caught him.  One day when we were walking the beach he was crying to get in the water and 3 dolphins came up and I actually let him swim with them, it was awesome.  We lived in Ohio at the time and I could let him out the front door and he would run down the driveway and pick up the paper and bring it back to me every day.  Never taught him to do it, he just wanted to please us.  When he got sick I would sneak out and leave him just the sports page as the paper especially on Sundays was to heavy for him.  I don't think he ever knew, if he did it didn't bother him as he was so happy to run out and get it, awesome in the winter, as he loved the snow.  I could go on forever about these dogs as they have truly changed my life.  Here is Zeus 1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:54:17 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2363 on: February 28, 2010, 10:50:33 AM »

Chains,

Loved reading your synopsis of your Dobe experiences. They are very special and you are right in that they are family members and become entwined in all we do. Funny how each one has their own personality and quirks just like people.  Have yet to find one that meets the Hollywood sterotype of mean and aggressive, guess its all in how they are raised and trained. We usually have two at once a Male and a Female but after doing the set thing twice we continued to find the males more attentative to their owners while the femailes can be aloof and hyperactive. Thinking about adding a second male but we've been hearing about how they might constantly fight due to the domination thing.......so for now we are on hold and very happy we took another "Chance".  Yes like you mentioned the pain of losing one always lingers but the way we found best to move was to try again, thus the new puppies name.   :)

Fatboy

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2364 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »

PS: Zues 1 was a very handsome and distinguished looking fellow!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2365 on: February 28, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »

PS: Zeus 1 was a very handsome and distinguished looking fellow!
Thanks, the day he passed on I was heartbroken, we had a little girl Dobe, named Princess that we rescued from a kill shelter that was around 9 at the time, she lived too be around 12, not sure as she had been a stray a long time before they caught her.  She was as sweet as they come, when she got excited (either for treats or a ride) she would run towrds you and raise her front paws of the ground like she was prancing, she was a pleasure to have and glad we were able to save her, she was small around 55 pounds.  She was attached to my wife and never paid me near the attention that Zeus did. After about two weeks I started searching for a male to my wife's displeasure and found the current Zeus at a shelter in southern Ohio, he was listed as Zeus II so I new I had to have him.  His owner surrendered him to us as she was divorced and was a nurse working 12 hours a day and traveling one to two hours to work each way depending on traffic.  From the day we took him she has kept in touch and every year sends him a birthday gift, Christmas gifts and sends my wife and I gifts for Christmas as well as mothers and Fathers day.  Before we moved to Alabama she and her parents, kids and grandkids would come visit him once or twice a year.  We have told her about his issues and she is always praying for him, but she has a 27 year old son with incurable cancer so she is devastated.  I told my wife to look at Zeus's predicament in a positive way.  Debbie's son Kyle was his owner until he was 4 years of age, perhaps God wants Zeus to be there for Kyle, who knows.  Here is his 10th birthday, close to two years ago now, he was doing great.  
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:57:29 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2366 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »

Thanks, the day he passed on I was heartbroken, we had a little girl Dobe, named Princess that we rescued from a kill shelter that was around 9 at the time, she lived too be around 12, not sure as she had been a stray a long time before they caught her.  She was as sweet as they come, when she got excited (either for treats or a ride) she would run towrds you and raise her front paws of the ground like she was prancing, she was a pleasure to have and glad we were able to save her, she was small around 55 pounds.  She was attached to my wife and never paid me near the attention that Zeus did. After about two weeks I started searching for a male to my wife's displeasure and found the current Zeus at a shelter in southern Ohio, he was listed as Zeus II so I new I had to have him.  His owner surrendered him to us as she was divorced and was a nurse working 12 hours a day and traveling one to two hours to work each way depending on traffic.  From the day we took him she has kept in touch and every year sends him a birthday gift, Christmas gifts and sends my wife and I gifts for Christmas as well as mothers and Fathers day.  Before we moved to Alabama she and her parents, kids and grandkids would come visit him once or twice a year.  We have told her about his issues and she is always praying for him, but she has a 27 year old son with incurable cancer so she is devastated.  I told my wife to look at Zeus's predicament in a positive way.  Debbie's son Kyle was his owner until he was 4 years of age, perhaps God wants Zeus to be there for Kyle, who knows.  Here is his 10th birthday, close to two years ago now, he was doing great.  
Here is Princess in her Scooby Doo scarf.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #2367 on: February 28, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »

Princess what a beautiful gal, and God Bless you Chains cause you choose to adopt rescues and give them a great life.
God remembers these things I salute the animal lover in you and your family  :2vrolijk_21:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

PAPA T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: Not CVO 99FXSTS
    • CVO3: NOT CVO 83 Ironhead & 98 Sportys
« Reply #2368 on: March 04, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »

Here is my two side of the road rescue dogs

Ash is 9 yrs and 85 lbs (He was covered in ashes when we found him) Pearl is <1yr and 24 lbs My daughter found her on the side of the road. They are almost a matched set!
It'll feel better when it quits hurting!!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2369 on: March 05, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »

Here is my two side of the road rescue dogs

Ash is 9 yrs and 85 lbs (He was covered in ashes when we found him) Pearl is <1yr and 24 lbs My daughter found her on the side of the road. They are almost a matched set!
Good for you, congratulations on the rescue of two beautiful animals.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 229

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.