Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384713 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #2640 on: January 13, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »

My depressed Molly now has a new companion, a 1 year male Golden. This guy is of Swedish (3/4) and Australian (1/4) and having lineage from across the pond gives him a slightly different look then we are accustomed to.

He is very timid, easily scared and has a hard time keeping his nose out of Molly's butt  :nixweiss:, much to her dismay. He can run like a rocket and although he can run a bit faster then the old girl, he he can't keep pace with her zig-zagging, u- turning etc.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #2641 on: January 14, 2012, 12:38:28 AM »

Here is Trash. Her 16 year old Maltese sister Scooter doesn't pose much for pics. Great pets.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2642 on: January 14, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »

My depressed Molly now has a new companion, a 1 year male Golden. This guy is of Swedish (3/4) and Australian (1/4) and having lineage from across the pond gives him a slightly different look then we are accustomed to.

He is very timid, easily scared and has a hard time keeping his nose out of Molly's butt  :nixweiss:, much to her dismay. He can run like a rocket and although he can run a bit faster then the old girl, he he can't keep pace with her zig-zagging, u- turning etc.

A rescue, Duane?  He's a good looking boy.  In your home, he'll get over that being scared thing.  It's great that Molly has a buddy now...hopefully, she will perk back up with the new member of the pack.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2643 on: January 25, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »

Must have tickled something
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2644 on: January 27, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »

#t=125  ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2645 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »

Here is Trash. Her 16 year old Maltese sister Scooter doesn't pose much for pics. Great pets.

How old is Trash?   Looks like a pup in that picture.  Definately a trouble maker.....with an innocent look like that.  ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #2646 on: January 27, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »

Trash is three years old. Yeah don't let that innocent look fool you.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2647 on: January 28, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

#t=125  ;D
That was way to funny thanks. :huepfenlol2:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2648 on: February 12, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

I have no desire watching football, but it turns out my pups do like it.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2649 on: February 12, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »

bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #2650 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

How long are dog's memories ?
Do they hold a grudge ?
My Dalmatian Zeus had screwed around some with a Great Dane at the local dog park on a couple of occasions.
In the course of playing, Zeus had nipped at the Dane's heels while the two were playing chase and the Dane turned around and sort of trampled on Zeus to where he pulled up lame. Ok, chit happens. Zeus took a week off from running free to heal up and the next couple visits to the park, he and the Dane were fine. A couple more weeks go by where they're either in different pens or playing with other dogs. Exactly two Friday's ago,I'm sitting at one of the benches with Zeus, scratching his ears and just hanging out with him. The Great Dane is off at the other end of the park romping around with a couple of other dogs. I'm talking to one of the other dog Peeps when out of the blue, the Great Dane comes up and latches onto Zeus by the spine. I mean I am terrified, he's gonna break Zeus's spine he's got him. This animal has jaws the size of a bear trap. I hang onto Zeus so he won't fight back and twist and turn and rip skin. Meanwhile the Great Dane's owner finally gets him off Zeus. Much hand wringing by GD's owner and wife and apologies. Full acceptance on their part of the attack being unprovoked. OK, fine, you know, chit happens and not all dogs get along just like people. We agree not to put them in the same off leash pen and establish a 1st come 1st pick of pens policy between us. Imagine my surprise when this week they march the GD into the pen I've already got Zeus in. I question what their doing in light of our agreement and they tell me that their dog was not at fault. My dog had started it several weeks earlier.
OK, so I take Zeus and off we go and I've since changed the time I take Zeus to the off leash park every day BUT, I can't help but scratch my head and wonder how in the hell these folks went from " Oh, we are so sorry, is your dog ok, we have no idea why our dog did this. Oh we hope he didn't hurt your dog"  to basically saying screw you and your freakin spotted dog too buster. 

B B

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2651 on: March 09, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »

Here is a photo of our "AstonMartin", his buddy "Bently" (the black one) is sleeping...

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2652 on: March 09, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

B B...I think dogs can remember things to some extent, but pretty much live in the present most of the time.  However, another dog's smell is probably something they "remember".  Danes are not generally aggressive dogs (a damn good thing), but obviously this one and your dog have a "thing" between them.  It could be stopped, but would require a bit of work, on leash, with both animals.  When I brought Matrix, the Border Collie mix, home after rescuing him from the car lot I worked at, my male Terrier and he got along fine for several weeks.  Rider, the Terrier, was going through his rebellious "teens" at that time...Matrix was probably at least 5 years old.  I used to give them treats on the porch after they had gone out and "done their business" in the yard.  Matrix started wolfing his down, then making moves to try and get Rider's treat...he let him a couple of times, then all Hell broke loose one evening.  Rider clamped onto (Australian Terriers have teeth and mouths much bigger than they apppear, plus extremely strong neck muscles for killing varmits on farms...they shake them to death) Matrixs' left ear and would NOT let go, even though Matrix was lifting him off the ground by raising his head.  Rider is about 16lbs, and Matrix is about 50-60lbs.  I had to pry his mouth off of the ear.  Some damage was done to the ear, but nothing serious.  This behavior continued, though Matrix never tried to steal a treat again, for several days...it was all about establishing dominance.  I finally had to put Rider in his place and let everyone know that I am the Alpha Male in the pack.  They have never had a problem since.

I think Dalmations used to be "coach dogs" originally, and probably nipped horses hindquarters to keep them in line when necessary.  Zeus might have thought the Dane was a horse.  About the only thing that could be done at this point is to have both on a leash, and let both animals know through correction and body language, who's dominant/calm/assertive.  The other dog's owners would have to be on board with it too though, and it sounds like they are attempting to defend their dog's bad behavior.  It's too late now, but if your dog was harmed physically, you might have taught them a lesson by sending them a vet bill.  They sound irresponsible to me...allowing a dog the size of a Great Dane to be agressive IN ANY WAY is asking for trouble, and must be dealt with immediately, in an appropriate way, of course. Knowing the two dogs had an "issue", and having agreed to what you discussed, then welshing on the aggreement, is at best inconsiderate, and at worst, just being a Prick.

I have to be cautious when introducing Rider (the male Terrier) to other male dogs, even though he's neutered.  He has no idea that he's only 16 lbs.  I have to really watch his body language and correct immediately...he's just not afraid of anything.  You get a giant dog with that kind of attitude, and you've got a real problem on your hands.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2653 on: March 09, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »

Here's a more recent photo of my three (we have a pack of six now), Matrix, Rider, and Tango.  Sitting at the fence while I was warming the bike up for a ride, saying "Bye".

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2654 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:25 PM »

How long are dog's memories ?
The real question is:  how are you being so 'calm' about this... :confused5:...it's clearly an injustice and complete disrespect of you and your dog.  Just because their dog is bigger doesn't give them 'bully' rights.  Guess I'm just a bit touchy hearing of your dog being attacked 'twice' and the owner's attitude since just having to put my 13 yr. old hound down (cancer).  Heart-broken is a better term, I guess.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 229

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.