Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 384666 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #2655 on: March 09, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »

How long are dog's memories ?
The real question is:  how are you being so 'calm' about this... :confused5:...it's clearly an injustice and complete disrespect of you and your dog.  Just because their dog is bigger doesn't give them 'bully' rights.  Guess I'm just a bit touchy hearing of your dog being attacked 'twice' and the owner's attitude since just having to put my 13 yr. old hound down (cancer).  Heart-broken is a better term, I guess.  spyder

Sorry to hear about that, Spydy...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2656 on: March 09, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »

There is a reason that Italian Greyhounds don't like Ewoks.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #2657 on: March 10, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »

Update
          Get to the dog park today and while Zeus is romping around playing with everything from a St Bernard to a little small Terrier, the SB's owner who knows the Great Dane's owners tells me the GD has gotten into it with a big (what's that dog from Turner and Hooch ?) and how the GD's owner's were so alarmed because they said the GD had "never attacked another dog before"  REALLY ? Anyway, I guess the (weird french name) dog kicked ass on the GD and now the GD's owners are all in a huff.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  you gotta love Karma and big tough dogs with weird sounding french names   hahahahahah

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2658 on: March 10, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »

Update
          Get to the dog park today and while Zeus is romping around playing with everything from a St Bernard to a little small Terrier, the SB's owner who knows the Great Dane's owners tells me the GD has gotten into it with a big (what's that dog from Turner and Hooch ?) and how the GD's owner's were so alarmed because they said the GD had "never attacked another dog before"  REALLY ? Anyway, I guess the (weird french name) dog kicked ass on the GD and now the GD's owners are all in a huff.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  you gotta love Karma and big tough dogs with weird sounding french names   hahahahahah

B B

Brian, I have absolutely no idea why this tidbit of information is stuck inside my head.  However, Dogue de Bordeaux :2vrolijk_21: .

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2659 on: March 12, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »

Update

B B

I wonder if the Mastiff is a female named Karma, because in this case.........

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2660 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »

That Dane's owners better start watching him a whole lot closer.  I've now been acquainted with 6 Danes that have gone from really sweet animals to holy hell on 4 paws.  The first 5 were in one family that I knew well (took care of the dogs when they traveled), who attacked a little bastard who was tormenting them one day.  The dogs were never the same after that. The 6th is my sister-in-law's dog.  She was his vet until his owner got deployed and left the dog with his parents/relatives/family of some type.  The guy come back to a dog full of aggression and realizes he can't handle the Dane anymore.  He cons my SIL into taking the dog.  This dog now has no fear of biting anything or anybody if he even remotely gets an idea to.  Even the family 130# Doberman is pushed around by him.

So having seen it with my on eyes, I'm leaning more towards Danes are great animals until mishandled.  Then they can become VERY dangerous.  As far as the one that Spider is dealing with, a complaint to the local animal control followed by complaints from the other dogs owners who had confrontations will force the owners to keep him out of the park.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #2661 on: March 15, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »

So what's the deal with unneutered male dogs around other male dogs ?  There is a lady who owns the most perfect Boxer I've ever seen. She breeds him and it's easy to see why. Even if you don't like Boxers, you'd think this dog was gorgeous. He is white with brindle patches and probably right at the breed standard for size. Perfect muscualture. Just amazing energy etc. Anyway, she has to keep him in a separate pen as he will get into a fight with any dog. She barely has control of him as she's like your typical teeny tiny cute sweet little Asian girl. What I don't get is that all the dogs in the pen right next to his (and him) will run back and forth along the fence at full gallop. Sometimes running non-stop for 15-20 minutes. Zeus joined in on Tuesday and got quite a good work-out. I enjoy watching Zeus run. He has the most beautiful stride although with his long legs it takes him a sec to get up to speed. Once he does though he quickly catches and passes the other dogs. He trots at about 10mph and acts like he could do that all day long and not break a sweat. Must be the carriage dog thing. Ok, enough on Zeus. So is there something about the Boxer being a breeder that the other dogs can sense ? Testosterone or whatever. He literally gets any dog near him all wound up running, barking, going nuts.

B B
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:06:03 AM by Spiderman »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2662 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »

Yes, other male dogs can tell if a dog is not neutered.  An intact dog is not always more agressive, but there is a greater likelyhood, all other things being equal.  Some breeds don't exhibit the behavior.  I had a male unneutered Australian Terrier a few years ago (a Champion Stud dog), and ANY male dog he came in contact with was fair game, no matter how much larger the dog was.  Most Terriers are that way, and serious breeders cannot generally keep more than one stud dog at a time.  The other dogs can definitely smell the hormones in the urine when they mark territory.  My current Australian Terrier is neutered, but he still stiffens up around other males...he and my male rescue dog had some issues at first, but once Rider, the Terrier, established dominance (over everybody, except me), they get along fine now.

Large breeds are not for everyone...some are very willfull and the owner must always establish him/herself as Alpha or there will be trouble at some point in time.

Zeus sounds like a good dog...and Dalmations are not for everyone either.  People who buy/own breeds should do more research on their temperment and fully understand what they are getting when that cute puppy grows up.  Mostly it's the owner's fault if the dog exhibits bad behavior.  Ear and tail position tells a lot...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2663 on: March 17, 2012, 01:46:20 AM »

Mollys new roomate, Matty.....a chitzu....

While Matty has a hard time with the grandson's toy train and she would bark at it and chase it round and round, she never would actually touch it.

But it's still Molly's house and she's queen of the roost.....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2664 on: March 17, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »

Congrats on the new addition. Molly will enjoy having a new friend to hang out with especially since she is the boss. :2vrolijk_21:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #2665 on: March 17, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »

Zoey & Archie want to wish all the "CVO Pets" a Happy St Patrick's Day!!!

JC and Terri, Matty looks like a great fit. Molly has a friend to hang with while you are out riding. :2vrolijk_21:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2666 on: March 17, 2012, 05:34:25 PM »

JC have you added to your family?  How old is Matty?  I love that name  :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #2667 on: March 19, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »

Zoey & Archie want to wish all the "CVO Pets" a Happy St Patrick's Day!!!
ET phone home.  Zoey looks down right scarry there  ???

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #2668 on: March 19, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »

Mollys new roomate, Matty.....a chitzu...
So what's the scoop with Matty? Looks like another winner  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2669 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »

JC have you added to your family?  How old is Matty?  I love that name  :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:
No, that's Molly's new roomate. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 229

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.